Need an idea

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
This week, every day 3 people bring something to eat for break. My day is Friday and I want to bring something different.
I was thinking about doing some fried grilled cheese sandwiches that ChrisL posted in my meatloaf thread.
I am trying to figure out how to keep the cheese in..lol I guess wrap it up some way.. Maybe use crescent rolls?
I also thought about my chicken salad. I use plain yogurt for the base, sliced pickles, eggs, sliced grapes, apples and sometimes pecans, yellow mustard and a shot of brown mustard. I also shred the chicken. It is REALLY good
Any other ideas?

I would assume the sandwiches would be coated in batter, right? Maybe just chilling the cheese a bit so it is just on the melty side when it comes out of the deep fryer?

Those grilled cheeses don't get soggy? That chicken salad sounds good.
IDK I have never tried them but I doubt it. The flour would crisp them up I would think
The chicken salad is amazing. I tried yogurt because one of my exes didn't like mayonnaise. The yellow mustard kills all the yogurt taste. The fruit pairs so good with it! And the pecan crunch to top it all off. I would bet fresh celery would be good too!

This week, every day 3 people bring something to eat for break. My day is Friday and I want to bring something different.
I was thinking about doing some fried grilled cheese sandwiches that ChrisL posted in my meatloaf thread.
I am trying to figure out how to keep the cheese in..lol I guess wrap it up some way.. Maybe use crescent rolls?
I also thought about my chicken salad. I use plain yogurt for the base, sliced pickles, eggs, sliced grapes, apples and sometimes pecans, yellow mustard and a shot of brown mustard. I also shred the chicken. It is REALLY good
Any other ideas?

are you on Facebook?

Pull up Tasty, some interesting recipes there

Any other ideas?

are you on Facebook?

Im not into social media. I hear enough of it from my wife. lol

Any other ideas?

go with the grilled cheese or monte christo

Any other ideas?

are you on Facebook?

I see them because my sister links to them.

I'd tried but can't cut and paste any.

Any other ideas?

go with the grilled cheese or monte christo
monte cristos are badass!

Any other ideas?

are you on Facebook?

I see them because my sister links to them.

I'd tried but can't cut and paste any.
My wife is a pintrest freak lol
If I cant come up with something, I might get her to do some digging.

Breakfast pizza is out. Too much of a hassle. Work don't pay me to make pizzas lol.
I'm leaning towards the grilled cheeses with maybe marinara?

I like a GOOD breakfast casserole.

Not the way it's made by some of the ladies at church, though. Ugh.

My favorite is one made with cubed bread, cheese, breakfast meat and green onions...then you pour a custard of milk, cream, eggs over it..and let it sit overnight. It will puff up and then you bake it and it is yummy.

I can't find the recipe though. You need a recipe because the potential for a hideous flop is there.

Forum List

Back