Soup Recipes

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
I've been making my own soups recently and am looking for good recipes I can use.

My latest I just made today is:
Onion, mushroom and beef soup. It was wonderful, had to stop myself from having seconds.

8 oz fresh mushrooms sliced and diced
2 medium yellow onions sliced and diced
1/4 pound chuck roast cut into quarter inch pieces
2 Tbs butter
2 Tbs flour
1/2 tsp sea or kosher salt (optional)
1 bay leaf
1/3 cup long grain rice
6 cups broth (I used 4 beef and 2 chicken - ran out of beef broth)
(I also cheated and used Knorr bouillon powder)

Melt the butter on medium heat, add the onions and mushrooms. Cook for about 2 minutes then add the beef & flour, cook for another 4 minutes then add the broth.
Bring to a boil, add rice and bay leaf reduce heat to medium low, cover and cook for 20 minutes until rice is done then remove lid and let it cook on low for another 10 minutes.

I sometimes eat Campbell's chicken noodle or mushroom soup right out of the can cold, for a snack. The secret with the chicken noodle soup is to skim the chicken fat off the top first. I make my wife shudder and cringe.

Gawd, I miss their tomato rice soup. Sure they still make it, but I haven't seen it here locally for years.

I've been making my own soups recently and am looking for good recipes I can use.

Onion, mushroom and beef soup. It was wonderful, had to stop myself from having seconds.

2 Tbs butter
2 Tbs flour
1 bay leaf
1/3 cup long grain rice

Melt the butter on medium heat, add the onions and mushrooms. Cook for about 2 minutes then add the beef & flour, cook for another 4 minutes then add the broth.
Bring to a boil, add rice and bay leaf reduce heat to medium low, cover and cook for 20 minutes until rice is done then remove lid and let it cook on low for another 10 minutes.
Will print and pass to PJ.:hyper:

I sometimes eat Campbell's chicken noodle or mushroom soup right out of the can cold, for a snack. The secret with the chicken noodle soup is to skim the chicken fat off the top first. I make my wife shudder and cringe.

Gawd, I miss their tomato rice soup. Sure they still make it, but I haven't seen it here locally for years.
I could never eat soup cold, even the ones that are supposed to be......... I do make my own chicken noodle and beef noodle soups. As with all my soups I'm lazy, I use the Knorr powdered bouillon.

My chicken noodle soup:

1 medium onion diced
2 stalks celery diced
2 medium carrots diced
1 Tb virgin olive oil
2 large deboned chicken breasts or 4 deboned chicken thighs
10 cups chicken broth
1 tsp thyme
1/2 bag (8 oz) of egg noodles

In a stock pot add your broth and thyme on medium high heat until nearly boiling then reduce to medium heat. In the meantime add oil to skillet, add onions, celery & carrots, cook for 5 minutes then add to broth.
Salt and pepper the chicken and saute in skillet (add a little more oil if needed) until just done, set aside to cool.
When cool enough to handle finely dice chicken and add to broth. Finally add egg noodles and let simmer on medium heat for 20 minutes. Noodles will expand and soak up some of the broth, add another 2 cups of broth if needed, let simmer on medium low for another 20 minutes

It's hillbilly gazpacho.
Speaking of tomato rice soup.......

1 can Progresso Tomato Basil soup
1 can condensed tomato soup
1 28oz can diced roasted tomatoes
1 large onion
2 cloves garlic crushed
1Tb red pepper flakes (optional)
1 Tb virgin olive oil
1 1 pound Jimmy Dean's breakfast sausage
3 cups cooked rice

Add soups and diced tomatoes to stock pot on medium heat. In the meantime saute onions and garlic in olive oil until onions are translucent, add to soup. Cook sausage, crumble and add to soup, add rest of ingredients to soup and cook on low for an hour stirring occasionally. Add more water a half a cup at a time if soup becomes too thick.

2 Tbs butter
2 Tbs flour
1 bay leaf
1/3 cup long grain rice

Fungus? Gross lol
Im not into soups very much, but i did make some chicken noodle soup a few ago, and it was bomb shit. Homemade broth is the way to go :thup:

This is fantastic. The bold ingredients are those added by Chef Pupps.

Louisiana Shrimp and Corn Soup

Soups & Stews

Recipe courtesy of Nancy Wilson for Louisiana Kitchen & Culture

Serves 6 to 8

Ingredients:

• 2 tablespoons oil
  • 4 tablespoons flour
  • 3/4 cup finely chopped celery
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped bell pepper
  • 4 ounces tomato sauce or 1 cup marinara
  • 2 cups fresh corn kernels or 1 (17-ounce) can creamed or whole kernel corn (12 oz frozen)
  • 1 can drained baby lima beans (12 oz frozen)
  • 5 cups chicken stock
  • 1 pound cleaned Louisiana shrimp*
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning or Old Bay
  • 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Louisiana Shrimp and Corn Soup

Click image to enlarge
Method:

Heat oil in a 5-quart soup pot. Add flour and cook, whisking, to make a very light brown roux. Add celery, onions, and bell pepper. Sauté until celery and onions are clear, about 10 minutes. Stir in tomato sauce, corn, and stock; simmer 30 minutes. Add shrimp and cook 8 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning

Fungus? Gross lol
Im not into soups very much, but i did make some chicken noodle soup a few ago, and it was bomb shit. Homemade broth is the way to go :thup:
When it is cold, (and as you know, it's getting ready to be colder'n hell here starting tomorrow night) we do a soup almost once a week and I eat the left over for lunch for a couple of days, often even better after the first night.

2 Tbs butter
2 Tbs flour
1 bay leaf
1/3 cup long grain rice

That actually sounds pretty damn good! Some diced carrots and celery would probably be a good addition.
And I'm not a big fan of soup.
I always end up adding enough other ingredients that it turns into more of a stew.

That actually sounds pretty damn good! Some diced carrots and celery would probably be a good addition.
And I'm not a big fan of soup.
I always end up adding enough other ingredients that it turns into more of a stew.
My favorite soups are cream based but I have to forgo them or for the most part anything with lots of fat and salt (my favorites). Being overweight with some physical limitations my diet is about 60% of my weight loss program the rest is what exercise I can get without really hurting myself and having to start all over again. Been there, done that, can't use my exercise bike because of my knees now, have to do seated scissor kicks to work my legs.

My favorite soups are cream based but I have to forgo them or for the most part anything with lots of fat and salt (my favorites). Being overweight with some physical limitations my diet is about 60% of my weight loss program the rest is what exercise I can get without really hurting myself and having to start all over again. Been there, done that, can't use my exercise bike because of my knees now, have to do seated scissor kicks to work my legs.

I do like me some clam chowder on occasion.

Well I make beef shank soup, pork soup, chicken and rice soup, split pea soup with ham hocks in it, and black eye peas with ham hocks…

I need to stand there and write it down or send a video and I use the damn slow cooker!

Found this hack a few years ago for releasing butternut squash... Microwave it like a potato...

Then...

Dear God in heaven! A Goldanged cannibal!

Forum List

Back