nearly 500 admirals endorses Romney.. Only 5 for Obama

Military Endorsements Hold Greater Benefits for Democrats, Study Finds

October 15, 2012 — As the presidential campaign focuses increasingly on President Obama’s performance as commander in chief, a study released Monday finds that he benefits from endorsements of retired military officers more than Mitt Romney does, particularly with coveted independent voters.

Support for Mr. Obama increased by nine percentage points among independents who were told by surveyors that most members of the military and veterans backed him, compared with those who were not told. Among independents who said they did not follow foreign policy news closely, the president’s support increased by 14 percentage points.

By comparison, Mr. Romney did not pick up support with those groups when they were told the military mostly backed him. Republicans historically have enjoyed the public perception of strength on national security, so the three academics who conducted the study concluded that the party’s public image is less affected by validation from veterans. Since Democrats traditionally have struggled to win public trust on national security, endorsements matter more.

The study you sited is actually pretty nonpartisan, so I trust the results.

On the other hand, since most members of the military do not back him, then Obama will not receive support from independents who are effected with the information.

Romney's popularity among this group will similarly be uneffected by Military support, since he is considered the stronger candidate simply because he is Repub.

I am glad we don't live in a Military Dictatorship.

Something conservatives want.

Which kind of dictatorship are you hoping for?

Dear Sallow: Given that the Military takes oaths to defend the Country and Constitution from all enemies, here and abroad, I think Libya proves we can trust our Military to do a better job upholding their oaths of duty than our President has done.

So when it comes to orders that go against duty, the Military will protest or disobey, and do what is right instead.

Anyone who fails will be exposed, as what is happening with Libya now.
We have too many Military and Police officers who take their duties seriously, that when a problem occurs with conflicting orders from the top down, the officers protest openly.

OP- Pure Pubcrappe, just like the Bengazi BS. Change the channel, dupes.

are you denying the number of current and former admirals who endorse Romney instead of Obama? Got something to discredit the OP, besides the usual 'It is pubcrap' nonsense?

I thought not. You are dismissed.

are you denying the number of current and former admirals who endorse Romney instead of Obama? Got something to discredit the OP, besides the usual 'It is pubcrap' nonsense?

I am denying that it matters how many Admirals endorse Romney: He is already won independants who value a strong military, with or without the Admirals.

However, Begazigate is a completely different topic; the effort to tie the irrelevant to the relevant only serves to convince that there really is going to be much more to the Obama administration's failure than has been revealed. Particularly interesting will be whatever the CIA has to say after Obama is no longer CINC. They are holding back until they are sure it is safe.

Oh look, a jealous peon speaks. :eusa_whistle:

My dad was enslisted during the Ford, Carter, Reagan and Bush eras...longer than you in fact and he was a Republican. Speaking for him, I say..."Shut the fuck up."

What an endorement. admirals! Have admirals and generals ever voted for the common folk? Elites are elites. But I do remember an incident at Sansapor New Guinea when I first voted. Of course we were enlisted pukes so we voted Democratic. There was a rumor, however, that there was indeed a Republican in K Company so some of us went over to K Company to see what a Republican was and we didn't see anything, nothing but a bunch of GI's.

10 to 1 says you're still living in your mom's basement.

What an endorement. admirals! Have admirals and generals ever voted for the common folk? Elites are elites. But I do remember an incident at Sansapor New Guinea when I first voted. Of course we were enlisted pukes so we voted Democratic. There was a rumor, however, that there was indeed a Republican in K Company so some of us went over to K Company to see what a Republican was and we didn't see anything, nothing but a bunch of GI's.

I'm really trying to understand this post. Can someone help me?

I am denying that it matters how many Admirals endorse Romney: He is already won independants who value a strong military, with or without the Admirals.

However, Begazigate is a completely different topic; the effort to tie the irrelevant to the relevant only serves to convince that there really is going to be much more to the Obama administration's failure than has been revealed. Particularly interesting will be whatever the CIA has to say after Obama is no longer CINC. They are holding back until they are sure it is safe.

I think you are more than right. There is more than meets the eye here. I'm no conspiracy Alex Jones chick. Never will be.

But when you have a fire fight going on for 7 hours and a Secretary of Defense goes "it was too risky" to send in Special Ops who are the best trained and the best equipped fighting force on the freaking planet, I have questions.

Oh yeah I have questions.

Current? Name them. (knowing that any active duty senior officer talking about who they endorse would be on the wrong end of the long green table very quickly)

Lame, go find some other insults...asswipe.

The only one of us from you, him and me is connected to these officers as a officer too....:eusa_whistle:

Oh look, a jealous peon speaks. :eusa_whistle:

My dad was enslisted during the Ford, Carter, Reagan and Bush eras...longer than you in fact and he was a Republican. Speaking for him, I say..."Shut the fuck up."

10 to 1 says you're still living in your mom's basement.

Forum List

Back