NBC omits "under God"

watch the CNN story. NBC said it was a decision made by a small group of people to edit the pledge that way, they admit it was on purpose.

And?

So?

They’re a private company with the right to edit or report the news any way they want – including the right to editorialize they hate god and religion.

It’s your right not to watch.

And there is no ‘censorship,’ only lawmaking bodies are enjoined by the Constitution from preempting free speech or expression.

Yet another moronic non-issue from the right.

So everyone who called NBC was from the right? What, you guys don't have any religious folks on your side? Interesting you suggest NBC hates religion. I don't recall anyone directly accusing them of that. Actually NBC is a subsidary of a publicly traded company. You pretty much screwed up on every point in your post...

Moron.

This is the third time I have said that I don't want to silence others.

And the 300th time you turned right around and demanded that those who would say "under god" be silenced...

I do not object to the pledge per se, but the accompanying drivel.

Yes, the mention of god. You seek to purge the word and idea - I understand.

Check out Blitzer and MacWhatshisname "Hand over your heart blah, blah, blah". Patriotic, narcisstic drivel... - IOW, according to Blitzer etc if you don't say the pledge etc, you are somehow a lesser American.

Who cares? What influence does Wolf Blitzer have on me?

I don't have to be 'under a god' to know that there should be liberty and justice for all.

Then don't say it.

Several days later and still people are melting down about something that had exactly zero impact on their actual lives.

But whatcha gonna do? :dunno:

Several days later and still people are melting down about something that had exactly zero impact on their actual lives.

But whatcha gonna do? :dunno:

There is no meltdown, just the simple fact that NBC seems to have committed a gross act for most people: purposefully edited out a mention of god in a patriotic song seemingly for no other reason than the distaste for anything related to god or religion. You drivel on about many more meaningless concepts daily and yet feel justified posting them here. Why is it so bad when others point it out. This is a real issue and a real occurrence of the seemingly forceful pushing of religion out of public mention. As an atheist, I am still angry at the bullshit omission. Religion should not be removed for no reason or pushed aside because the few want it. As long as religion stays out of law and separate from the government I am happy. When the secularists want to remove religion because they want to replace it with their own bastardized form of religion it becomes a problem. That hatred of religion/god is not an answer to anything.

Yep, and people have the right to protest them, contact sponsors and stop watching.

NBC has formulated a nice plan to exit the television market.

If we’re all in agreement, what’s the issue?

The OP and others on the right make it sound as if it’s some sort of horrendous Constitutional crisis – when it’s not.

The left's religious bigotry and hatred is not something that the majority of Americans agree with.

NBC capitulated and apologized.

The majority of Americans, even after decades of relentless leftist propaganda, do not share the left's morals and values. They do not share your abhorrence, hatred, disdain for religion that you, and those on the left, constantly espouse.

Yet more inane ‘Culture Wars’ nonsense. Tired tactic of the right, devoid of facts and sound reasoning.

This is the third time I have said that I don't want to silence others.

And the 300th time you turned right around and demanded that those who would say "under god" be silenced...

I do not object to the pledge per se, but the accompanying drivel.

Yes, the mention of god. You seek to purge the word and idea - I understand.

Check out Blitzer and MacWhatshisname "Hand over your heart blah, blah, blah". Patriotic, narcisstic drivel... - IOW, according to Blitzer etc if you don't say the pledge etc, you are somehow a lesser American.

Who cares? What influence does Wolf Blitzer have on me?

I don't have to be 'under a god' to know that there should be liberty and justice for all.

Then don't say it.

1) So are you saying that everything is set in stone? If I object to a piece of legislation, op ed piece in a paper, news item - any kind of communication - then I am demanding people to be silenced? How, um, quaint.....

2) What is wrong with seeking to purge an idea if it is considered a bad one? Or should I sit down and shut up? What was that about silencing others again? Especially when you consider the 'idea' was not part of the original pledge, and the reasons it was added in the first place.

3) It is not what Blitzer thinks of you, but those around you, who parrot the same crap.

4) I wouldn't if it mattered to me. That aside, see point one..

And?

So?

They’re a private company with the right to edit or report the news any way they want – including the right to editorialize they hate god and religion.

Yep, and people have the right to protest them, contact sponsors and stop watching.

NBC has formulated a nice plan to exit the television market.

Oh, so now who is trying to silence people? Hmmmmmm

Forum List

Back