NBA

My Blazers played terrible, the beat the hapless Lakers by only 4, any other team would have killed the Blazers. At least it's a win.

Tough loss for the Blazers last night, and big win for the Clippers. The match-up between Paul and Lillard is an instant classic.

Chris Paul is kinda short, listed at 6'0". Lillard and Curry are 6'3".

With a healthy David Lee and the emergence of Justin Holliday, the Warriors are now throwing 10-11 guys at teams. They're all competing hard for minutes. And you earn minutes by playing team ball. Starters have been resting 15-20 minutes a game. That's good for the regular season. Playoff games are usually won with about 8 guys getting significant minutes. .

It's interesting to see a few new teams in the playoffs. The Jazz look pretty good. Knicks are actually decent. The Kings are actually the 8 seed in the West with a losing record.

But the regular season is just a formality, especially this year. Warriors vs Cavs part 3 seems like an inevitability, barring major injuries.

Dude, Where's my Dream?

I wonder if post-career sports broadcasting can do for free agency (e.g., Ron Artest) what it has done for collegiate sports (e.g., Jay Bilas).

bilas.jpg

In the NBA tonight, Karl Anthony Townes goes 15 of 19 including 2 of 3 from beyond the arc.

And the Knicks are terrible again.

My Blazers played terrible, the beat the hapless Lakers by only 4, any other team would have killed the Blazers. At least it's a win.

Maybe a week ago or so I watched the Blazers (without Lillard) play the Warriors. CJ McCollum was incredible and made it a close game. Crabbe hit some big shots. Seems like a very guard-oriented team.

I watched some Blazers-Cavs last night. Portland looked impressive. McCollum scored 25+ for a 7th straight game. Crabbe had another good night and Lillard was back. Cavs tried to slow it down but to no avail and Korver threw up nothing but bricks

College-Pro

If we look at the flourished collegiate careers of two standouts, Trajan Langdon (Duke University) and Jalen Rose (University of Michigan), we find that the former had a nice post-college career playing European basketball, while the latter achieved much in the NBA.

It's interesting to note that tracking college-to-pro transitions for standout talents is a great information package for marketing, since more youths need to see stimulating stories about athletes performing well in college and not just jumping headfirst into professional basketball just for lucrative contracts.

IMO, free agency has changed the way we talk about competitive sports. We need to reorient our thinking to promote lifestyle holism again (aka, the days of the Russell Celtics).

Incidentally, what are people thinking about the Celtics this year?

He Got Game (Film)

slide2.jpg

Be afraid of this sixers team. These guys are really starting to become a squad now and Simmons hasn't even hit the floor yet. Embiid is gonna be a real problem. Dude is putting up monster numbers in his limited 24 minutes a game right now. I'm excited and I can proudly say I've been on board with the tank process since day 1. It's the only way to become an elite team in the NBA

Forum List

Back