Best Duos in the NBA

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Michigan

What made me think of this is I hope Yianni has enough backup to take on Denver. He has Lilard. He's pretty good.​

Nikola Jokic and Jamal Murray (Denver Nuggets)​

Durant and Booker
Curry and Klay
Taytum and Brown
Lebron and Anthony Davis

Jimmy Butler and Bam Adebayo (Miami Heat)​

Kawhi Leonard and Paul George (LA Clippers)​

De’Aaron Fox and Domantas Sabonis (Sacramento Kings)

What about the Timberwolves?

Who's gonna beat the Bucks this year? I hope it's them vs Denver

Yianni, Lillard, Middleton, Portis, I think it will depend on if their role players step up. Denver has a lot of great players

Magic and Kareem...
Kobe and Shaq...
Jordon and Pippen...
Stockton and Malone...
Duncan and Robinson...

Magic and Kareem...
Kobe and Shaq...
Jordon and Pippen...
Stockton and Malone...
Duncan and Robinson...

Jamal Murray just doesn't seem to be good enough for him and Jokic to be one of the best duo's of all time. I just can't compare him to Stockton, Kobe or Magic.​

How about Wade and Shaq. They were a good duo.​

The Piston's never had a dynamic duo. Isaiah Thomas was the leader and we had 8 other bad ass dudes. Maybe Joe Dumars was his number 2?​

Tracy McGrady and Vince Carter. They should have won titles together.
Durant, Westbrook and Harden were all on the same team and couldn't win one.

How about Durant and Curry? They crushed it. Won 2 rings together.

Magic and Kareem...
Kobe and Shaq...
Jordon and Pippen...
Stockton and Malone...
Duncan and Robinson...

Stockton and Malone have zero rings together. You have to take them off the list. Durant and Curry won 2 at least. Your other picks are good.

Stockton and Malone have zero rings together. You have to take them off the list. Durant and Curry won 2 at least. Your other picks are good.
Good point.... My picks are of past times since I stopped watching the NBA when blowhard LeBron was picked up by the Lakers...

After Kareem aged out Worthy took over
How old was that 40?

Abdul-Jabbar won his second Finals MVP in 1985, when he became the oldest to win the award at 38 years and 54 days old. He averaged 25.7 points, 9 rebounds, 5.2 assists and 1.5 blocks in the series against Boston. He was initially outplayed in Game 1, scoring 12 points with three rebounds against 30-year-old Celtics center Robert Parish, who had 18 points and eight rebounds in a 148–114 win over the Lakers, dubbed the "Memorial Day Massacre". At the team's film session the following day, Abdul-Jabbar—who normally sat near the back—was seated in the front row, and accepted all of head coach Pat Riley's criticism. Before Game 2, Abdul-Jabbar asked if his father could ride on the team bus to the game. Typically a hard-liner on rules, Riley agreed to make an exception. Abdul-Jabbar bounced back with 30 points, 17 rebounds, eight assists and three blocks in a 109–102 victory. In the Lakers’ four wins, he averaged 30.2 points, 11.3 rebounds, 6.5 assists and 2.0 blocks. The title ended the Celtics' streak of eight consecutive championships against the Lakers.

After winning Game 7 of the 1988 finals, the 41-year-old Abdul-Jabbar announced in the locker room that he would return for one more season before retiring.

How old was that 40?

Abdul-Jabbar won his second Finals MVP in 1985, when he became the oldest to win the award at 38 years and 54 days old. He averaged 25.7 points, 9 rebounds, 5.2 assists and 1.5 blocks in the series against Boston. He was initially outplayed in Game 1, scoring 12 points with three rebounds against 30-year-old Celtics center Robert Parish, who had 18 points and eight rebounds in a 148–114 win over the Lakers, dubbed the "Memorial Day Massacre". At the team's film session the following day, Abdul-Jabbar—who normally sat near the back—was seated in the front row, and accepted all of head coach Pat Riley's criticism. Before Game 2, Abdul-Jabbar asked if his father could ride on the team bus to the game. Typically a hard-liner on rules, Riley agreed to make an exception. Abdul-Jabbar bounced back with 30 points, 17 rebounds, eight assists and three blocks in a 109–102 victory. In the Lakers’ four wins, he averaged 30.2 points, 11.3 rebounds, 6.5 assists and 2.0 blocks. The title ended the Celtics' streak of eight consecutive championships against the Lakers.

After winning Game 7 of the 1988 finals, the 41-year-old Abdul-Jabbar announced in the locker room that he would return for one more season before retiring.
I loved the Lakers. What a great team they used to be. The guy they have now needs to go away, IMO.

"With the acquisition of Kareem Abdul Jabbar during the 1970s, the Lakers drafted a point guard by the name of Earvin Johnson, also known as Magic. The Lakers won 5 titles headlined by the Kareem/Magic duo although James Worthy would later replace Kareem as the second-best player thus creating the Worthy/Magic duo"

The best trio is Magic, Worthy and Kareem

What do you think about Kobe and Gasol?...
Good not great. Good enough. They won 2 right? Look at all the people who won 2 rings. 20 people

I'm looking at all the people who won 2. I don't automatically think of any of them as being part of a great dynamic duo. A lot of them were part of a deep team that didn't really have two superstars. They had more than 2. Ray Allen had Lebron, Bosh and Wade. Wilt has 2. I don't even know who Wilt played with. He was the team. Dave Robinson is on the list. Him and Duncan for sure are on the short list. Dumars and Isaiah are on the list. Durant's on the list. Him and Curry have to be on the list.

Weird, none of the people who have 3 rings makes the list of dynamic duos. Larry Byrd was a one man show. That was his team and his team alone.

So Magic and Kareem
Jordan and Pippen
Durant and Curry
Kobe and Shaq
Duncan and Robinson

Wouldn't it be great if they all played at the same time?

I loved the Lakers. What a great team they used to be. The guy they have now needs to go away, IMO.

"With the acquisition of Kareem Abdul Jabbar during the 1970s, the Lakers drafted a point guard by the name of Earvin Johnson, also known as Magic. The Lakers won 5 titles headlined by the Kareem/Magic duo although James Worthy would later replace Kareem as the second-best player thus creating the Worthy/Magic duo"

The best trio is Magic, Worthy and Kareem

Did you see the HBO show called Showtime? Man it was wonderful. The guy who played Magic had to talk like he does. Like a character from Fat Albert. LOL. Cookie be trippin. Captain, me and the boys were talkin and some of them be sayin. LOL.

Good not great. Good enough. They won 2 right? Look at all the people who won 2 rings. 20 people

I'm looking at all the people who won 2. I don't automatically think of any of them as being part of a great dynamic duo. A lot of them were part of a deep team that didn't really have two superstars. They had more than 2. Ray Allen had Lebron, Bosh and Wade. Wilt has 2. I don't even know who Wilt played with. He was the team. Dave Robinson is on the list. Him and Duncan for sure are on the short list. Dumars and Isaiah are on the list. Durant's on the list. Him and Curry have to be on the list.

Weird, none of the people who have 3 rings makes the list of dynamic duos. Larry Byrd was a one man show. That was his team and his team alone.

So Magic and Kareem
Jordan and Pippen
Durant and Curry
Kobe and Shaq
Duncan and Robinson

Wouldn't it be great if they all played at the same time?
Well there are 5 starters on the floor some teams win by a group effort but a duo says to me that two players shine above the others to win games... Stockton and Malone must be an honorable mention at least... and West Baylor and Chamberlain has to as well...

Well there are 5 starters on the floor some teams win by a group effort but a duo says to me that two players shine above the others to win games... Stockton and Malone must be an honorable mention at least... and West Baylor and Chamberlain has to as well...

Hell yes they are one of the best dynamic duo's to never win. They were just a victim of Jordan Pippen.
Remember I said I wish all those duos were playing now? Well back then 2 of them did play against each other. I rooted against the Bulls every time. All 6 times. So I was a big fan of Stockton and Malone.

Hell yes they are one of the best dynamic duo's to never win. They were just a victim of Jordan Pippen.
Remember I said I wish all those duos were playing now? Well back then 2 of them did play against each other. I rooted against the Bulls every time. All 6 times. So I was a big fan of Stockton and Malone.
I watch those old games when I find them on the internet... that was before the NBA became too loose with their rules.... like traveling and charging and steps not being called... The finesse is gone... passing is rare... its bull work now... shove your way to the hoop knocking players down and slamming the ball... so I don't miss it... I watch High School basketball and find it refreshing...

I watch those old games when I find them on the internet... that was before the NBA became too loose with their rules.... like traveling and charging and steps not being called... The finesse is gone... passing is rare... its bull work now... shove your way to the hoop knocking players down and slamming the ball... so I don't miss it... I watch High School basketball and find it refreshing...
I love the NBA. Denver was kick ass last year. I'm Greek so I was really happy the year before when Yainni won. The Greek Freak. And every year Lebron doesn't win I love it. Lebron has 4 rings. He got one during the bubble. That pisses me off. They should have cancelled the season that year and he'd only have 3. He doesn't deserve to catch Jordan's 6. Maybe I'll appreciate Lebron when he's gone like I do Jordan now. And Kobe.

You're missing a good game. And the new kids are starting to beat the old guys. I love it when the old guys start to suck. Durant, Lebron and Anthony, suddenly teams like the Timberwolves are beating the Lakers.

Not much of a basketball fan, but I recall watching Bill Russell and John Havlichek.

Russell obviously excelled defensively as well as offensively, and Havlichek was adept at stealing the ball and scoring, as well as passing.

Forum List

Back