BEING GAY IN SPORT

barryqwalsh

Gold Member
Sep 30, 2014
On our last programme on 29th October, the panel discussion focussed on gay sportspeople and the difficulties faced when coming out in the sporting world. Dónal Óg Cusack, Nikki Symmons and Shane Horgan were our guests and as well as discussing the personal experiences and challenges faced by Nikki and Dónal Óg in coming out, they looked forward to a time when being gay in the sporting world just won’t matter.

We had a really positive reaction to the piece, so here it is for you to watch. You can also catch the full programme (featuring the amazing Paul McGrath) here

Second Captains BEING GAY IN SPORT

they looked forward to a time when being gay in the sporting world just won’t matter.

When it becomes normal for male and female athletes to shower together, then being a homosexual in sport won't matter.

Unless the sport involves sex, an athlete's sexual orientation is irrelevant unless you make it relevant. We desperately need to evolve culturally and socially and get past the snickering period we find ourselves in.

On our last programme on 29th October, the panel discussion focussed on gay sportspeople and the difficulties faced when coming out in the sporting world. Dónal Óg Cusack, Nikki Symmons and Shane Horgan were our guests and as well as discussing the personal experiences and challenges faced by Nikki and Dónal Óg in coming out, they looked forward to a time when being gay in the sporting world just won’t matter.

We had a really positive reaction to the piece, so here it is for you to watch. You can also catch the full programme (featuring the amazing Paul McGrath) here

Is it any different than being gay on USMB?

IDK, you tell us. :)

they looked forward to a time when being gay in the sporting world just won’t matter.

When it becomes normal for male and female athletes to shower together, then being a homosexual in sport won't matter.

Unless the sport involves sex, an athlete's sexual orientation is irrelevant unless you make it relevant. We desperately need to evolve culturally and socially and get past the snickering period we find ourselves in.
We desperately don't need to do anything. Everything is fine as it stands. Men don't like being sexualized by other men while they are in the shower.

I don't shower with other men so it is unlikely I'll ever have to explore any gayness I'm not aware of in that setting.

I did have a rectal exam for prostate recently. It lasted about 5 seconds. I can't say I had any positive reaction to having my doctor's finger up my ass.(no gayness there) I'll keep on the lookout for the gayness though. One can't be too carefull.

I don't shower with other men so it is unlikely I'll ever have to explore any gayness I'm not aware of in that setting.

I did have a rectal exam for prostate recently. It lasted about 5 seconds. I can't say I had any positive reaction to having my doctor's finger up my ass.(no gayness there) I'll keep on the lookout for the gayness though. One can't be too carefull.

LOL!!!

We desperately don't need to do anything. Everything is fine as it stands. Men don't like being sexualized by other men while they are in the shower.

Oh but it's fine to sexualize women right. Dumbass.

Hey dumbass, men aren't allowed to shower next to women in public restrooms and ogle them as they stand naked under the water. That's sexualizing.

Hey dumbass, men aren't allowed to shower next to women in public restrooms and ogle them as they stand naked under the water. That's sexualizing.

Women are sexualized in every corner of society. A little reverse-sexualizing might help reduce female sexualizing shoing how it's not something people tend to desire. Although honestly, if a gay guy thinks a straight guy's hot they're hot. We have very high standards. :)

If you are a normal male it is normal to see women in sexual terms. If you do not see women in sexual terms then you are a homo.

The difference in "sexualizing" vs viewing a woman sexually is that you must keep it to yourself unless or until she displays permission to explore that avenue. It is a delicate balance. There are a lot of factors that must be considered. Even if she is receptive to sexually leaning communication you had better know that she isn't helping you head down an inappropriate road.

Sometimes pure animal attraction can get the best of men AND women with potential for unwanted outcomes.

I was at a friend's brother's stag party and the whore my friend hired to give his bro a blow job backfired as she was totally into me as soon as she entered the front door. I had to admit that she was a stunningly hot slice of peach pie. The next thing I knew she was on her knees in front of me right in amongst all the guests and she pulled my dick out and went to town on it. I didn't want to appear rude so I let the wench have her way. When she finished with me she got up and proceeded to the bedroom where the groom to be was waiting. I felt bad about it but was much relieved that she didn't charge extra for the first blow job.

Last edited:

Bring back the hippies!

Discussion on being gay in sport on Second Captai…:

This example of homosexuals in Ireland sports cuts a dagger deep in my heart. Thanks for that. It is just about as annoying as the volkswagon ad that popped up and was equally as hard to make go away. I being of Irish heritage like to think of the home land as being pure and quaint. I would have much prefered you had found an English example. Thanks again for staining my Irish blood.

"keep it to yourself unless or until she displays permission to explore that avenue"

Exactly, how does she do that?

Ones sexual preference is not a sports issue. I find it insane that it would matter.

Forum List

Back