NBA Tonight

Just wait until we get Boogie Cousins.

Mmm hmm..

b684d355e5f05e5ab2e0946cafcca83f.gif

The Blazers have resigned themselves to losing Aldridge. I have no issue with him leaving as long as he doesn't sign with the Lakers.

Love is from the Portland area and they could lucky and get him. Stotts likes an uptempo game, so the players may run more next year, if Matthews resigns he will be very good in that type of game.
as far as the NBA goes Portland is an afterthought. let me know the next time if we make the playoffs

Nah..Russell over Okafor doesn't make sense to me unless the Lakers are betting on the idea that Okafor won't be an all-star caliber player. Otherwise, I don't see enough from Russell for him to be a number two overall.

The Spurs picks were somewhat blah to me. Although, that Serbian center they drafted has some great potential at least.

The Celtics drafted a great long distance shooter that was needed. I haven't checked out all their doings yet.

Duncan is rumored to re-sign for another year, but he's turning 40 in April. Splitter is signed for two more years, but he's just okay. The Serbian guy they drafted is a foot taller than me and only 30 pounds heavier; he's a string bean projected to be a "solid backup".

Tony Parker is making big money for 3 more years, and he's 33 now.

Spurs have to decide whether to re-sign Ginobili and/or Belinelli. And then you've got Kawhi Leonard getting a huge pay raise after next year.

Spurs would seem to be in a bind. But, one thing that's going to bail out a lot of these bloated teams is the new TV after next year and a corresponding massive raise to the salary cap.

Nah..Russell over Okafor doesn't make sense to me unless the Lakers are betting on the idea that Okafor won't be an all-star caliber player. Otherwise, I don't see enough from Russell for him to be a number two overall.

The Spurs picks were somewhat blah to me. Although, that Serbian center they drafted has some great potential at least.

The Celtics drafted a great long distance shooter that was needed. I haven't checked out all their doings yet.

Duncan is rumored to re-sign for another year, but he's turning 40 in April. Splitter is signed for two more years, but he's just okay. The Serbian guy they drafted is a foot taller than me and only 30 pounds heavier; he's a string bean projected to be a "solid backup".

Tony Parker is making big money for 3 more years, and he's 33 now.

Spurs have to decide whether to re-sign Ginobili and/or Belinelli. And then you've got Kawhi Leonard getting a huge pay raise after next year.

Spurs would seem to be in a bind. But, one thing that's going to bail out a lot of these bloated teams is the new TV after next year and a corresponding massive raise to the salary cap.

The Serbian guy that the Spurs drafted at 26 looks like he's maybe better than the Latvian guy that the Knicks drafted at 4. The Knicks drafted the next Darko or at best a poor man's KG. The Serbian guy may be a serviceable center once he puts on some weight.

No decision on resigning Ginobili. He's a Spur for life. It's just a matter of how much of a hometown discount he'll give.

I believe that Bellinelli, Green, Joseph, Bonner, and one or two others are free agents. How many they let get away may depend on whether they sign LaMarcus Alridge, which is another reason I don't like signing Aldridge. I doubt he's worth signing if if means getting rid of the best three point shooter(s) in a spread the floor offense. Though, Kawhi has advanced his wing play to offset some of that. But he didn't show up big on offense for the last 4 games of the Clippers series.

Spurs pursuit of Aldridge could get complicated - San Antonio Express-News

Duncan, Manu Ginobili, Kawhi Leonard, Danny Green and others.

They are among the 10 Spurs whose contracts are set to expire Tuesday night.

Unless they can convince Aldridge to accept less than maximum money, the Spurs need to find approximately $18.9 million of space.

According to multiple league sources, the Spurs have made center Tiago Splitter available for trade, in hopes of shedding from the books the $8.5 million he is due next season.

Other players — including Green, who is expected to draw heavy interest in free agency — could also be on the way out.

It is widely believed the 39-year-old Duncan, and perhaps the 37-year-old Ginobili, will return on deals that will not compromise the team’s ability to woo Aldridge.

Leonard, a former NBA Finals MVP and the league’s reigning Defensive Player of the Year, is expected to return to the Spurs on the maximum deal he covets (five years worth about $90 million).

There is a specific order to the Spurs’ to-do list, all geared toward carving room for Aldridge beneath the $67.1 million salary cap.

First up is Duncan, who must re-sign early in the process in order for the Spurs to maintain maximum cap space.

One alternative: The Spurs could renounce Ginobili’s rights, then re-sign him at the so-called “room exception” of $2.8 million.

The most direct path toward landing Aldridge would seem to be a sign-and-trade with Portland, with Splitter at the center of the Spurs’ package.

Even if the Spurs are able to move Splitter and/or others in a trade, it will be difficult — though not outright impossible — to both sign Aldridge and offer Green a deal competitive with what he will draw on the open market.

With the cap making a big jump next year, I would think many players would want a two or three year deal and the ability to opt out at the end of next season.

Cavs smart. They kept Love and TT.

Mmm...They paid $190 M over five years for them. That's $38M per year for two players who have flaws in their games. It works out for the best probably next year. But long term, these contracts could come back to burn them.
You forgot they did it to keep Lebron there. If he wanted the ball boy signed for 38M they would have done it.

Forum List

Back