NBA Tonight

Too early for the dynasty talk, for either team. If Love wants a ring, Cleveland is his best chance. I also expect Cleveland to find another FA or two to add depth.

The Warriors were very impressive this year however they are in the Western Conference and they will have 8-9 teams loaded to challenge Golden St.

I don't see either team being a dynasty unless we're going with the lightweight version of the word, maybe.
the Chicago Blackhawks might be a dynasty but there is no basketball team right now other than the Spurs that can talk dynasty

The Celtics were a dynasty, Jordan and the Bulls were a Dynasty.
what about Shaq and Kobe who won three in a row?

I don't consider them a dynasty. They are something very special and are few and far between....dynasties that is.

I don't consider them as winners of three in a row. Kings won 02 as far as I'm concerned.

I think sometimes he says things to be controversial. he asked the other host who was black which guys at the bottom of the list would you put below Scottie Pippen and the black host picked all the old white guys including Bob koozie

:lol: Bob Cousy....Cousy was awesome. He'd have a case to be honest. He was a huge part of all those Celtics rings.

I don't consider them a dynasty. They are something very special and are few and far between....dynasties that is.
I'm sorry and I can't believe I'm doing this but I have to defend Kobe. I know you're a Kobe fan so you won't mind me telling you to F off. Kobe himself is a dynasty. the Kobe Lakers was a dynasty. The man won 5 championships.
Kobe was part of a dynasty. Shaq was the only reason they won 3 in a row. All of Kobes teams fell off a cliff until PJ came back and they got Gasol.
whatever don't hate on Kobe. One day they'll do a 50 on 50 on Kobe Bryant and they will talk about his 5 championships that he brought that Laker organization. like I've said before I'm the biggest hater when they're playing the game but after they're done I give them their props.

in retrospect I'm glad Cleveland didn't win a championship because the only person on that team who would deserve one would be LeBron James. Golden State winning the best team won. LeBron James - championships Stephon curry one. Game on
Except he didnt bring 5. He brought 2 and I am being generous since Gasol won one of them for him.

I call Kobe the best difficult shot taker I have ever seen. Other than that I wouldnt consider him top 10.
no he's not top 10 but he was the Michael Jordan in between Michael Jordan and LeBron James nobody was better

Shaq...Duncan....KG... They'd all have a case. I'd definitely take Duncan of the three.

Kobe was part of a dynasty. Shaq was the only reason they won 3 in a row. All of Kobes teams fell off a cliff until PJ came back and they got Gasol.
whatever don't hate on Kobe. One day they'll do a 50 on 50 on Kobe Bryant and they will talk about his 5 championships that he brought that Laker organization. like I've said before I'm the biggest hater when they're playing the game but after they're done I give them their props.

in retrospect I'm glad Cleveland didn't win a championship because the only person on that team who would deserve one would be LeBron James. Golden State winning the best team won. LeBron James - championships Stephon curry one. Game on
Except he didnt bring 5. He brought 2 and I am being generous since Gasol won one of them for him.

I call Kobe the best difficult shot taker I have ever seen. Other than that I wouldnt consider him top 10.
the other day my Detroit sports talk radio guy was saying Scottie Pippen shouldn't be in the 50 all-time greatest do you agree?
Anyone that says something that stupid shouldn't offer their opinion on basketball. :laugh:

Ever notice no matter what MJ doesnt have anything bad to say about Pip? Thats because he knows Pip is the primary reason he has 6 rings.
I think sometimes he says things to be controversial. he asked the other host who was black which guys at the bottom of the list would you put below Scottie Pippen and the black host picked all the old white guys including Bob koozie
I think thats because most of the old white guys couldnt hang in todays league. Its unfair to judge them against present day players Different era and modern day athletes have the bonus of modern medicine, medical knowledge etc.

I am thrilled that the Warriors won! Yay Warriors! Yay Oakland!

It was great to see excited fans in Oaklandtown celebrating without any violence and looting. We kept it classy!

Yeah same here.I am so happy for your Warriors they won.Thank God Cleveland had their second and third best players hurt cause I dont think they would have won had they not been injured the fact they were able to still take them to 6 games despite that.Lady Luck was on your side.:thup:

With the constant talk that Oakland might lose all three sports teams in the near future,there isnt a city in the country that deserved a championship more than yours..:banana:

Im glad the the owner wasnt classless and did not have the celebration in Oakland like this writer mentioned he was worried about them doing.

I think you more than anybody will be able to appreciate this article written here Boedicca.He really nailed it all in this piece.

If the warriors DO leave for san fran,I hope they suck for the next 40 years.that was why the warriors could not afford to lose this year.dont want them to have the celebration in san fran in a couple of seasons from now.OAKLAND got to have the celebration.

Cleveland will be back soon.the next time they make it that far they wont have their second and third best players hurt so they can have the championship NEXT year for all i care.
but for NOW,its OAKLANDS.:thup:

There isn't another sports town anywhere that has enjoyed more success or endured more grief from its sports tenants than Oakland, the carpetbagger capital of America.

All three -- the Warriors, Raiders and A's -- have threatened to relocate this century, but the Warriors were the quickest to act upon their threat. After Joe Lacob and Peter Guber bought the franchise in November 2010, three of their first four press conferences were held in San Francisco.

The die may have been cast for Oakland, which is all too familiar with franchise disabuse. However, environmentalists may yet block the Warriors' relocation efforts.

But where else can you find a city on this very planet where every franchise is searching for a new home elsewhere? Don't bother looking. It's just Oakland.
Dave Newhouse on NBA Finals Oakland deserves sports teams that show it respect loyalty - San Jose Mercury News

and the fact they celebrated in class like you mentioned,hopefully people will start seeing the truth that OAKLAND fans are not the trash that Raider thugs in LA are.Hopefully that false perception so many people have had of them because of the thugs in LA will start fading away now.:thup:

Thank you! I had already seen that article, and wholeheartedly agree.

I love San Francisco, and lived there quite happily for a few years. Now, I find it almost unvisitable, not to mention unlivable, for all but the incredibly rich. The streets are in constant gridlock - it's horrible.

Oakland is more spacious, has better weather, and is overall a nicer and more varied community, imo. I get very tired of seeing ignorant people trash it, and for Greedy San Franciscans try to grab everything good.

The new location for the Warriors is hideous. No decent access to public transit (feeder buses are not going to cut it). And it's smack dab in the middle of a hospital / medical zone.

The inane City Officials have a plan to limit some streets for medical facilities while others go to the arena on game days. In an already congested city, that's not going to work either.

since I dont follow basketball I dont know anything about the Warriors situation like I do with the A's and Raiders so when you say new location, is that for the one they have planned in San Fran or for one they are trying for in Oakland?

The part I liked about that article is that they are talking about a lawsuit to block their relocation if they try to move.I have to believe they will win in court as well because I just cant see them allowing a team that won a championship to ditch their city for greener pastures and if they win in court,then that bodes well to keep ALL of oakland sports teams from leaving since they are the ones that are in danger the most of the three of leaving.

speaking of san fran,I feel bad for 49er fans out there.If I had been a niner fan growing up there my whole life,I wouldnt cheer that team on anymore since they gave them the middle finger and left their city. Doesnt matter that its just 45 miles away,its not in the bay area anymore and that was the 49ers identity.the bay area.

At least when the Rams moved out of LA to Anaheim,fans in LA would still support them because they were at least still in the LA vincinity area.

The NFL is already finding out that its not going to be succcessful for the 49ers in the future in santa clara because most the fans out there are suits who dont come back to watch the game till the middle of the third quarter at halftime.lol

The diehards who stay the whole game,dont support them out there because they are angry rightfully so that they gave them the middle finger and moved completely out of the bay area,their identity.

San Francisco is the 49ers identity not Santa Clara.lol. same with the Raiders.Their identity is OAKLAND.When they moved to LA,they might as well have moved to Alaska.they weren't the Raiders anymore.the NFL is too stupid to understand this though.:rolleyes-41:

extends hand for congrats shake.:cool:

The Warriors are planning to move to Mission Bay in San Francisco - right in the middle of the UCSF expansion. It's a terrible location. They first tried for a location on the Embarcadero, but their plans block too much of the view. Saleforce.com was going to build a new HQ in the Mission Bay spot, but moved their plans to the development around the new Transbay terminal. (SFDC is building the tallest building on the west coat). So Benioff "offered" the Mission Bay spot to the Warriors, who stupidly jumped on it.

It's a TERRIBLE location.

those idiots if they follow through,are going to find out that by moving there,the fanbase wont be there through the lean years like it was when they were in oakland being in a bad location like that.

the NBA made the mistake with the location they picked for the Kings when they were here in KC.Kansas City is a HUGE basketball town but because they played in the downtown area where the section of city had the worst crime in the whole state and only thugs lived there,they had poor attendance for games and moved to sacremento as a result.

I take it you guys watched the final game of the "Ball in the Hoop Championship". I really tried to get into it but it was just so boring I had to turn it off. Didn't make it past the first quarter.

I guess the Ball and Bat Championship is next.

Yeah same here.I am so happy for your Warriors they won.Thank God Cleveland had their second and third best players hurt cause I dont think they would have won had they not been injured the fact they were able to still take them to 6 games despite that.Lady Luck was on your side.:thup:

With the constant talk that Oakland might lose all three sports teams in the near future,there isnt a city in the country that deserved a championship more than yours..:banana:

Im glad the the owner wasnt classless and did not have the celebration in Oakland like this writer mentioned he was worried about them doing.

I think you more than anybody will be able to appreciate this article written here Boedicca.He really nailed it all in this piece.

If the warriors DO leave for san fran,I hope they suck for the next 40 years.that was why the warriors could not afford to lose this year.dont want them to have the celebration in san fran in a couple of seasons from now.OAKLAND got to have the celebration.

Cleveland will be back soon.the next time they make it that far they wont have their second and third best players hurt so they can have the championship NEXT year for all i care.
but for NOW,its OAKLANDS.:thup:

There isn't another sports town anywhere that has enjoyed more success or endured more grief from its sports tenants than Oakland, the carpetbagger capital of America.

All three -- the Warriors, Raiders and A's -- have threatened to relocate this century, but the Warriors were the quickest to act upon their threat. After Joe Lacob and Peter Guber bought the franchise in November 2010, three of their first four press conferences were held in San Francisco.

The die may have been cast for Oakland, which is all too familiar with franchise disabuse. However, environmentalists may yet block the Warriors' relocation efforts.

But where else can you find a city on this very planet where every franchise is searching for a new home elsewhere? Don't bother looking. It's just Oakland.
Dave Newhouse on NBA Finals Oakland deserves sports teams that show it respect loyalty - San Jose Mercury News

and the fact they celebrated in class like you mentioned,hopefully people will start seeing the truth that OAKLAND fans are not the trash that Raider thugs in LA are.Hopefully that false perception so many people have had of them because of the thugs in LA will start fading away now.:thup:

Thank you! I had already seen that article, and wholeheartedly agree.

I love San Francisco, and lived there quite happily for a few years. Now, I find it almost unvisitable, not to mention unlivable, for all but the incredibly rich. The streets are in constant gridlock - it's horrible.

Oakland is more spacious, has better weather, and is overall a nicer and more varied community, imo. I get very tired of seeing ignorant people trash it, and for Greedy San Franciscans try to grab everything good.

The new location for the Warriors is hideous. No decent access to public transit (feeder buses are not going to cut it). And it's smack dab in the middle of a hospital / medical zone.

The inane City Officials have a plan to limit some streets for medical facilities while others go to the arena on game days. In an already congested city, that's not going to work either.

since I dont follow basketball I dont know anything about the Warriors situation like I do with the A's and Raiders so when you say new location, is that for the one they have planned in San Fran or for one they are trying for in Oakland?

The part I liked about that article is that they are talking about a lawsuit to block their relocation if they try to move.I have to believe they will win in court as well because I just cant see them allowing a team that won a championship to ditch their city for greener pastures and if they win in court,then that bodes well to keep ALL of oakland sports teams from leaving since they are the ones that are in danger the most of the three of leaving.

speaking of san fran,I feel bad for 49er fans out there.If I had been a niner fan growing up there my whole life,I wouldnt cheer that team on anymore since they gave them the middle finger and left their city. Doesnt matter that its just 45 miles away,its not in the bay area anymore and that was the 49ers identity.the bay area.

At least when the Rams moved out of LA to Anaheim,fans in LA would still support them because they were at least still in the LA vincinity area.

The NFL is already finding out that its not going to be succcessful for the 49ers in the future in santa clara because most the fans out there are suits who dont come back to watch the game till the middle of the third quarter at halftime.lol

The diehards who stay the whole game,dont support them out there because they are angry rightfully so that they gave them the middle finger and moved completely out of the bay area,their identity.

San Francisco is the 49ers identity not Santa Clara.lol. same with the Raiders.Their identity is OAKLAND.When they moved to LA,they might as well have moved to Alaska.they weren't the Raiders anymore.the NFL is too stupid to understand this though.:rolleyes-41:

extends hand for congrats shake.:cool:

The Warriors are planning to move to Mission Bay in San Francisco - right in the middle of the UCSF expansion. It's a terrible location. They first tried for a location on the Embarcadero, but their plans block too much of the view. Saleforce.com was going to build a new HQ in the Mission Bay spot, but moved their plans to the development around the new Transbay terminal. (SFDC is building the tallest building on the west coat). So Benioff "offered" the Mission Bay spot to the Warriors, who stupidly jumped on it.

It's a TERRIBLE location.

So are they still going to be the Golden State Warriors or are they changing the name back to San Francisco Warriors?

I have no idea, and couldn't care less. If they move, I'm done as a fan. Just as I dropped the 49ers when they moved.

The Warriors were in Philadelphia for 16 years and then in San Francisco for 9. They've been in Oakland for 44 years. Do the math.

Yeah I would be done with them as well.I never can understand why people still cheer for a team after they leave their city and give them the middle finger.the majority of their history is in Oakland,they win a championship and they are even thinking about leaving?
to hell with them if they leave.:fu:

Im glad you dont cheer for the Niners.as I said,i wouldnt cheer for them either if i grew up in the bay area the fact they gave their long time supporters the middle finger.I hope they forever suck there in santa clara.

Like I said,they are already finding out what a mistake it was to leave,the majority of the fans that support them out there are business suits who after halftime,dont even come back to even watch the game till the end of the third quarter is what I am hearing. their first year out there and they are losers,I love it.lol

btw,maybe you will dislike the Raiders being in Oakland JUST A LITTLE less now.:biggrin:

Raiders Players Take To Twitter To Congratulate Warriors

this will be the last time I mention the Raiders here but since this game does concern the city of Oakland i thought you might be interested in this Boedicca.

I have learned in the last couple years that you cannot believe anything the media reports or in what you read in the papers about sports teams,their cities,and their fans.they do not report the facts at all.

See I have always heard over the years from the LAMESTREAM media,that Raider fans are thugs and are always starting fights in the stands and that is on the contrary..

Like I mentioned before,Oakland fans have always gotten an unfair bad rap over the last 20 years in their city because of the behavior and reputation of the Raider fans in LA.

For the most part it was only the thugs in LA that embraced them there when they played.THEY were the ones that were always starting fights in the stands.there were even fights in the stands among themselves with each other.:biggrin:

Howie Long said him and other Raider players who played in Oakland before they moved to LA,never had any problems with the fans at games when they brought their familys to games in Oakland but that all changed when they moved to LA.

They feared so much for the safety of their familys they stopped bringing them to games.Thats why they will never be allowed to come back to LA.the city doesnt want them there.they promote gang violence there so the corporations wont sponsor them.only way they would allow them back is if they rebranded the product.so because of the reputation the Raiders got in LA,the media has played that out saying it still goes on in Oakland and that is BS. matter of fact,when the Raiders left LA,crime dropped DRASTICALLY.

I learned that because the Raiders last game in LA out there,the fans showed what classless thugs they were when they cheered after Joe Montana got hurt.

I am not a Raiders fan,but I AM a Rich Gannon fan so when he joined the Raiders i cheered them on to win and wanted them to win a superbowl so I have a lot of old Oakland Raider games on tape when he played for them and in watching these old Raider games played in Oakland,there is not ONE INSTANCE,where a player from the opposing team after getting hurt,that the fans cheered about it.

Matter of fact "and this is the part I think you will really appreciate knowing about since after learning about it myself ,it set me straight that Raider fans in Oakland actually have a lot of class contrary to what the media reports."

Matter of fact,from meeting people on the net recently in the last year or two who live there in oakland,I learned from them that there was a monday night football game played once against the packers and Brett Farve broke the NFL's all time passing record that night and even though the Raiders were getting blown out in that game losing badly,the whole stadium stood up and gave him a standing ovation.

Plus and this part really debunked that myth spread over the years that they are bad fans,that same week Farve's father had died and the Oakland fans showed their sympathys towards him and showed that they were a class act by hanging banners on the wall that read-"Sorry about your father Brett,you have our sympathys.

Is that a class act by oakland fans or what?

Here is ANOTHER example as well how the media lies all the time.

In a game the chiefs played against the raiders out there this year on a thursday night in a rain downpour,the fans despite that,and despite they were having their worst year in SEVERAL years and have had 13 consecutive losing seasons,they STILL sold out that game and the fans stayed there the entire game throughout the downpour.yet the media here in kc reported a bunch of BS that the stadium was half empty

the ONLY time that stadium was empty was at halftime when they went to get refreshments and they were late coming back in their third quarter because of that,thats it.

so you ever need someone to back you up that the city of oakland and their fans get an unfair bad rap,count me in.It would be one thing if it was true but its pure BS and I hate liars which is what the media is.

If Cleveland stays healthy next year, they'll win 70 games.

Thats what I was saying before,thank god cleveland had their second and third best players hurt cause the fact they still took them to 6 games,i dont see the warriors winning the championship and this was very important for them.with them winning i dont think any of the oakland teams will leave now.championships bring very good business to the cities.

cleveland can have their championship next year for all i care,i got my wish that OAKLAND won it this year.there isnt a city more deserving in the world more than them that deserved it more.

the Chicago Blackhawks might be a dynasty but there is no basketball team right now other than the Spurs that can talk dynasty

I'm sorry and I can't believe I'm doing this but I have to defend Kobe. I know you're a Kobe fan so you won't mind me telling you to F off. Kobe himself is a dynasty. the Kobe Lakers was a dynasty. The man won 5 championships.

I'm a Kobe fan? I didn't know that.
the other day you quoted him and I argued and you seem to be defending him so I thought you were a fan

:lol: Bob Cousy....Cousy was awesome. He'd have a case to be honest. He was a huge part of all those Celtics rings.
my father brought him up tonight. I guess he was amazing

I take it you guys watched the final game of the "Ball in the Hoop Championship". I really tried to get into it but it was just so boring I had to turn it off. Didn't make it past the first quarter.

I guess the Ball and Bat Championship is next.
I feel sorry for people like you who don't enjoy the sporting events. just like I feel sorry for me because I don't like soccer or hockey. I guess it's my loss if I'm not enjoying what's on TV

the other day you quoted him and I argued and you seem to be defending him so I thought you were a fan

Nope, never been a fan. His ego got in my way.

do you remember the conversation we were having Kobe made a comment during the playoffs i dissed him and you sounded like you were defending him. .what comment did Kobe make about LeBron James during the playoffs?

do you remember the conversation we were having Kobe made a comment during the playoffs i dissed him and you sounded like you were defending him. .what comment did Kobe make about LeBron James during the playoffs?

I have no clue, just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I am defending someone else.

Cousy was like that small regular looking guy that you see at the gym and you don't expect much. But then he plays and he's all over the place making all kinds of plays. He was a great ball handler, passer and some even say he ran the fast break as well or better than anyone including Magic. They weren't as liberal with assists in stats when he played or he is otherwise supposed to be on par with the likes of Stockton, Magic, Nash, Kidd etc in that area.

The weakness in Cousy's game was his shooting. He only shot 37.5 percent, which sounds bad; but it was about the league average for that time; and I believe that is the result of playing with heavier balls and tighter rims. Nowadays, the league average is around 45 percent. Incidentally, the league average throughout the 80's was around 48 percent, which is part of why many people talk of the best teams coming from the 80's; and that was in a time when the touch fouls weren't being called like they are today. (Also, the top five assists years are from the 80's; all prime Bird and Magic years).

Cousy led the league in assists eight years in a row. Eventually, Stockton broke that record with 9 straight seasons. Magic for as good as he was only led the league in assist 4 times. It might have been 5 in a row, but Isiah Thomas had a 13.9 assist season in 85.

Other notables: Nash led the league in assists 5 times in 7 years; Kidd 5 in 6; The Big O 5 in 6; and Wilt actually led the league in assists one year in 68 in what was apparently a down year for assist leaders. Surprisingly, Jerry West led the league in assists in 72; and a guy named Kevin Porter led the league in assist 3 times in 4 years while playing on 3 different teams.

Watching Cousy, the two players that come to mind are White Chocolate and Ginobili:

Cousy was like that small regular looking guy that you see at the gym and you don't expect much. But then he plays and he's all over the place making all kinds of plays. He was a great ball handler, passer and some even say he ran the fast break as well or better than anyone including Magic. They weren't as liberal with assists in stats when he played or he is otherwise supposed to be on par with the likes of Stockton, Magic, Nash, Kidd etc in that area.

The weakness in Cousy's game was his shooting. He only shot 37.5 percent, which sounds bad; but it was about the league average for that time; and I believe that is the result of playing with heavier balls and tighter rims. Nowadays, the league average is around 45 percent. Incidentally, the league average throughout the 80's was around 48 percent, which is part of why many people talk of the best teams coming from the 80's; and that was in a time when the touch fouls weren't being called like they are today. (Also, the top five assists years are from the 80's; all prime Bird and Magic years).
they taught my pistons how to be real champions. I'm talking about the 88 89 and 90 91 bad boys

hey sealy,I noticed that James had a mouthpiece in his mouth as well.Only difference between HIM and Curry though is that James doesnt like to show it off to the cameras all the time.:biggrin:

Its so obvious that its a publicity thing Curry is up to.you dont see James sticking it out of his mouth like that for the cameras.He only moved it out of his mouth a few inches when they had breaks.

curry also has a long history of showing off for the cameras with that.this is an article from 2 years ago.

Stephen Curry is endorsing a flavored mouthguard which doesn t seem totally normal Ball Don t Lie - Yahoo Sports

Forum List

Back