NBA Season Thread

He was the Tim Duncan of his day.
Wilt never had a jump shot past 15 feet from the basket and Duncan was never considered the strongest man in the league. And 3 feet from the basket, Duncan could be stopped; 3 feet from the basket, Wilt could not. 5 guys could jump on Wilt and it would be like a flower opening up as he slammed it home. Could Duncan do that?

I don't know how many times as a kid I would hear Chick Hearn go, "Ball into Wilt, slam dunk!" And Wilt would still be turning toward the hoop.

Would you consider Duncan in his prime, the strongest man in the league?

Duncan was a 4. Wilt was never a 4. When Duncan played the 5, did he ever lead the league in assists? Wilt is the only 5 in NBA history, to lead the league in assists.

I've even seen people square off with Duncan and want to rip his head off. No one ever balled their fists at Wilt, except Ali and Alex Hannum.

Yeah, Wilt was Duncan, but it wasn't no Tim.

When Russell was drafted, he was drafted on to a team that had seven Hall of Famers.

The Warriors had one.

Wilt when surrounded by talent by talent was on a Philadelphia team that won a record 69 games, he was on a Laker team that won 33 straight.

On game match ups, Wilt out scored and out rebounded Russell overall.
I wish you were this objective in the politics forum.

When Russell was drafted, he was drafted on to a team that had seven Hall of Famers.

The Warriors had one.

Wilt when surrounded by talent by talent was on a Philadelphia team that won a record 69 games, he was on a Laker team that won 33 straight.

On game match ups, Wilt out scored and out rebounded Russell overall.
I wish you were this objective in the politics forum.

I'm very objective to you, when is agree with you, but no so objective when I disagree.

He was the Tim Duncan of his day.
Wilt never had a jump shot past 15 feet from the basket and Duncan was never considered the strongest man in the league. And 3 feet from the basket, Duncan could be stopped; 3 feet from the basket, Wilt could not. 5 guys could jump on Wilt and it would be like a flower opening up as he slammed it home. Could Duncan do that?

I don't know how many times as a kid I would hear Chick Hearn go, "Ball into Wilt, slam dunk!" And Wilt would still be turning toward the hoop.

Would you consider Duncan in his prime, the strongest man in the league?

Duncan was a 4. Wilt was never a 4. When Duncan played the 5, did he ever lead the league in assists? Wilt is the only 5 in NBA history, to lead the league in assists.

I've even seen people square off with Duncan and want to rip his head off. No one ever balled their fists at Wilt, except Ali and Alex Hannum.

Yeah, Wilt was Duncan, but it wasn't no Tim.

Well, I said Russell was the Duncan of his day (not Wilt). Because they're fundamentally sound and do what it takes to win.

Well, I said Russell was the Duncan of his day (not Wilt). Because they're fundamentally sound and do what it takes to win.
Russell was the greatest defensive player in the history of the NBA. Duncan never had a defensive accolade his entire career.

Duncan is a scoring machine. Russell's best year was 18.6 points a game.

Russell had more heart and a more ferocious desire not to lose.

Duncan's a good player; Russell is basketball deity.

Russell was the greatest defensive player in the history of the NBA. Duncan never had a defensive accolade his entire career.

Duncan is a scoring machine. Russell's best year was 18.6 points a game.

Russell had more heart and a more ferocious desire not to lose.

Duncan's a good player; Russell is basketball deity.

Accolades don't mean anything. Kobe gets a minimum of NBA 2nd team just for showing up.

Duncan is arguably better than Russell. Though, besides Bird; there's possibly never been a star who hustled more than Russell.

Forum List

Back