KSU dismisses player for rest of season.

leftwinger

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2015
driving
Fight at a Bar? Just one? Does this guy have history? Must be more to the story....as there usually is.

The Kansas State basketball team was just one win away from making the Final Four last season, but they fell just short in the Elite 8. The Wildcats lost a lot of talent from that team, so it was a little bit up in the air what the squad would look like this season. So far things have been decent for Kansas State. The Wildcats are 7-2 with their lone losses coming against USC and #12 Miami Florida. This team looks like they could have another good season, but one tough blow for Kansas State is that they will be without one of their stars, Nae’Qwan Tomlin, for the remainder of the season.

Nae’Qwan Tomlin was arrested for disorderly conduct after a fight at a bar a little over a month ago, and he was suspended from the Kansas State basketball team as a result. His future with the Wildcats was up in the air, and it now looks like there is no future as he has been dismissed from the team, according to an article from ESPN. This is unfortunate for Tomlin and the entire Kansas State program.

“I have been monitoring this situation and overseeing Nae’Qwan’s suspension with Coach Tang’s involvement,” Kansas State athletic director Gene Taylor said in a statement. “While we cannot share the specifics that have led to this outcome due to the reasons stated above, K-State Athletics can now share that Nae’Qwan Tomlin will no longer be able to continue with the K-State men’s basketball team. This decision was not made lightly by me, but it is the decision warranted by the circumstances that brought it to bear.”

Last edited:
Fight at a Bar? Just one? Does this guy have history? Must be more to the story....as there usually is.

The Kansas State basketball team was just one win away from making the Final Four last season, but they fell just short in the Elite 8. The Wildcats lost a lot of talent from that team, so it was a little bit up in the air what the squad would look like this season. So far things have been decent for Kansas State. The Wildcats are 7-2 with their lone losses coming against USC and #12 Miami Florida. This team looks like they could have another good season, but one tough blow for Kansas State is that they will be without one of their stars, Nae’Qwan Tomlin, for the remainder of the season.

Nae’Qwan Tomlin was arrested for disorderly conduct after a fight at a bar a little over a month ago, and he was suspended from the Kansas State basketball team as a result. His future with the Wildcats was up in the air, and it now looks like there is no future as he has been dismissed from the team, according to an article from ESPN. This is unfortunate for Tomlin and the entire Kansas State program.

“I have been monitoring this situation and overseeing Nae’Qwan’s suspension with Coach Tang’s involvement,” Kansas State athletic director Gene Taylor said in a statement. “While we cannot share the specifics that have led to this outcome due to the reasons stated above, K-State Athletics can now share that Nae’Qwan Tomlin will no longer be able to continue with the K-State men’s basketball team. This decision was not made lightly by me, but it is the decision warranted by the circumstances that brought it to bear.”
They've pretty much replaced Tomlin with Kaluma and there is a freshman named Buddy Rich who has a great future.

As for Meisters comment, I went to KSU. I partied in Aggieville and some of those rural types have real problems with blacks. So the fight was not what got him axed, because he was supposed to be following a diversion, doing community service and attending class. Obviously he violated that agreement. Coach Tang is not the type to have done this without giving this kid every chance.

Last edited:

At least he's not expelled, right? Or is he on the hook for school costs now?

Wow, so much for innocent until proven guilty? How do we know he wasn't the victim defending himself? Why not let it play out in the courts before punishing him?

"Actions have consequences" is bullshit. Consequences should only come once a final determination is made through our legal system. If he is found not guilty or the charges are dropped I would sue the shit out of that university.

Wow, so much for innocent until proven guilty? How do we know he wasn't the victim defending himself? Why not let it play out in the courts before punishing him?

"Actions have consequences" is bullshit. Consequences should only come once a final determination is made through our legal system. If he is found not guilty or the charges are dropped I would sue the shit out of that university.
If he was not going to class, that was probably what got him cut off.

Seems like the University president pressured the AD to make this happen and right now there are several thousand students protesting outside the presidents house about this decision. The coach wanted him back on the team. K-State is about to lose a good coach. .

Is he a freshman? If he is, I wonder if he is from E. St. Louis, because they had a senior last year who was going to Kansas State (now this year) who went to the state playoffs and played a team of all white kids. The team of all white kids beat E. St. Louis, and then they went on to play the basketball powerhouse Chicago Simeon in the championship game, and again they beat the taller, all black team.

It was a Hoosiers story, only in Illinois.

Is he a freshman? If he is, I wonder if he is from E. St. Louis, because they had a senior last year who was going to Kansas State (now this year) who went to the state playoffs and played a team of all white kids. The team of all white kids beat E. St. Louis, and then they went on to play the basketball powerhouse Chicago Simeon in the championship game, and again they beat the taller, all black team.

It was a Hoosiers story, only in Illinois.
No, he is a senior juco transfer from New York.

Forum List

Back