NBA Playoffs

Personally, I would like to see the Celtics and the Warriors in the final. But I am not big in any particular teams. Still trying to grow interest in the game. Yes, Paul needs to retire as does Harden. But they won't. The money is too good to resist.
You may get your wish. I thought the Celtics were done after game one but I remembered they lost game one to Yianni too. And, it's hard to win game 1 after a 7 game series.

Have you ever heard every great series, each team blows the other team out once. And the series doesn't start until someone wins on the road? Tonight both are about to happen. I think the Celtics are going to win the series now. This morning I thought the Heat would.

I've been wrong like 7 times today.

You may get your wish. I thought the Celtics were done after game one but I remembered they lost game one to Yianni too. And, it's hard to win game 1 after a 7 game series.

Have you ever heard every great series, each team blows the other team out once. And the series doesn't start until someone wins on the road? Tonight both are about to happen. I think the Celtics are going to win the series now. This morning I thought the Heat would.

I've been wrong like 7 times today.
Ha! Being wrong builds character and humility. Yes, Celtics and Warriors in final. I think Smart coming back has sealed the deal for the Celtics. I am not sure who I will pick in a Celtics-Warriors final?

Ha! Being wrong builds character and humility. Yes, Celtics and Warriors in final. I think Smart coming back has sealed the deal for the Celtics. I am not sure who I will pick in a Celtics-Warriors final?
Just go with the opposite of who I go with. You'll win for sure. LOL. I pick......Boston.

I don't want the Warriors to win again.

But who knows until they play each other. This looks like the Warrior team of old. The good one. The one before they had Durant. But Boston looks good too.

Here is proof you never know until they play. 2004. Shad, Kobe, Karl Malone, Gary Payton, Derek Fisher, Rick Fox, Horace Grant and Bryon Russell. No way this team is going to lose to the Pistons right? We beat them in 5 games. I used to think this was the biggest failure of a super team but at least they made the finals. Lebron, Carmelo, Westbrook, Anthony Davis and Dwight Howard didn't even make the playoffs.

Just go with the opposite of who I go with. You'll win for sure. LOL. I pick......Boston.

I don't want the Warriors to win again.

But who knows until they play each other. This looks like the Warrior team of old. The good one. The one before they had Durant. But Boston looks good too.

Here is proof you never know until they play. 2004. Shad, Kobe, Karl Malone, Gary Payton, Derek Fisher, Rick Fox, Horace Grant and Bryon Russell. No way this team is going to lose to the Pistons right? We beat them in 5 games. I used to think this was the biggest failure of a super team but at least they made the finals. Lebron, Carmelo, Westbrook, Anthony Davis and Dwight Howard didn't even make the playoffs.
I think the Lakers failure this year is one of the greatest fails in NBA history. Like I said, I am not a huge NBA master, as I follow the NFL mostly, but this year I am really trying to keep up on the playoffs. The games have been epic. The story lines are enthralling with people like Westbook, Harden, CP3 and the like. I am not a baseball fan, so I need some sport to carry me over until the fall. Have a great weekend!

They were saying Harden is still a top 10 player. Maybe not worth what they are going to pay him but they don't have an alternative.

I hope they make a good deal where Harden can go to a team that can use him. Who would that be? They have to be a contender who doesn't have a Harden type.

According to The Athletic, the Rockets have "made it clear" to Harden that they would be open to a reunion.

To connect the dots, Rockets owner Tilman Fertitta alluded to the team making a "big move" by the 2023-24 season, the next time the Rockets do not hold control of their first round pick. That 2024 first round pick is only protected 1-4, otherwise it goes to the Oklahoma City Thunder as part of the infamous Russell Westbrook-Chris Paul trade.

Adding Harden to the squad a year from now to join the backcourt with Jalen Green and Kevin Porter Jr. isn't the cleanest fit, but bringing back the second-best player in franchise history isn't easy to turn down, even if he is in his mid-30s.

As a team in rebuild mode, the Rockets are looking to take the top picks they have now and draft top tier talent and use the picks towards the middle of the decade to acquire a star player.

If the Rockets found a way to trade Harden for a boatload of picks only to sign him back two years later would be considered one of the biggest robberies in NBA history.

Who would be the one getting robbed? LOL

This guy says pay him the super max. 22 9 and 8. 22 points, 9 assists and 8 rebounds? Not a super max player.

This idiot is saying pay him for what he once was, not what he will give you in the future. He says if Philly won't pay him someone else will. So do you want to lose him? Stephen A Smith says no one else will pay him that much.

Anyone who pays him after his playoff performance is an idiot. I just hope it's not the Pistons.

Some fans are a bit more demanding than other fans in different cities.

Some fans are a bit more demanding than other fans in different cities.
Hi Guys. Just wanted to say, I don't think Boston is ready to make the next step. SOOOO close though. They came back last night from being like 30 points down but still the Heat were able to overcome. And the Heat didn't have Butler.

I'm still not counting Boston out. If they come back and win the next game, it's evened up. So it's not over yet. But it don't look good.

So now I'm envisioning Golden State vs Miami. And it sure does look like Golden State is going to win it all.

go Warriors, Hornets, Clippers, Blazers, Mavs & Jazz!

Steph or Linsanity or Griffin or Meyers Leonard or Gordon Hayward or Westbrook or Chandler Parsons or Dragic or Gerald Green will be the MVP!
The Warriors are already a Dynasty. What other teams are a Dynasty in my lifetime?

Warriors (Curry), Lakers (Magic & Kobe), Spurs (Tim Duncan), Celtics (Bird). Bulls (Jordan). Pistons (Isaiah Thomas) Rockets (Hakeem Alajuan

Am I wrong to say the Pistons and Rockets were dynasty teams? If I had to drop two I'd take them off the list.

The Warriors are already a Dynasty. What other teams are a Dynasty in my lifetime?

Warriors (Curry), Lakers (Magic & Kobe), Spurs (Tim Duncan), Celtics (Bird). Bulls (Jordan). Pistons (Isaiah Thomas) Rockets (Hakeem Alajuan

Am I wrong to say the Pistons and Rockets were dynasty teams? If I had to drop two I'd take them off the list.
watching the 1st quarter of Mavs Warriors right now, didn't get to see it before...how the fuck did Doncic blow that lead? F him!

My Dubs have won again and have taken a 3-0 series lead over Luka and the Mavs. I'm rooting for them to sweep the Mavs and have plenty of rest for the Heat or the Celtics. That series may go seven games, but I think the Heat have the edge. The Celitcs seem to have the star players in Jayson Tatum, Jaylen Brown and Marcus Smart, but you can't count out Jimmy Butler, Kyle Lowry and Bam Adebayo. The Heat have to stay healthy though.

watching the 1st quarter of Mavs Warriors right now, didn't get to see it before...how the fuck did Doncic blow that lead? F him!
He's out of shape. They were talking about it this morning. How can you be out of shape after 100 games? Because you didn't go into the season in shape. You get in shape to be great in the off season.

My Dubs have won again and have taken a 3-0 series lead over Luka and the Mavs. I'm rooting for them to sweep the Mavs and have plenty of rest for the Heat or the Celtics. That series may go seven games, but I think the Heat have the edge. The Celitcs seem to have the star players in Jayson Tatum, Jaylen Brown and Marcus Smart, but you can't count out Jimmy Butler, Kyle Lowry and Bam Adebayo. The Heat have to stay healthy though.
Even without Butler they beat the Celtics so yea, this year it's the Heat's year. Or so it seems. Next year lookout.

Dubs gonna win a 4th ring. I ain't mad at them. Except maybe Green. LOL. He's that player everyone else hates because he's rough and plays hard. Cheap, dirty, thug. Those words come to mind. Like Bill Lambier or Dennis Rodman. But you love having him on your team. Klay's playing good, a couple young new stars stepping up. Especially that one big who's helping Green out down low. The Warriors are back to their championship ways after a 2 year hiatus.

Even without Butler they beat the Celtics so yea, this year it's the Heat's year. Or so it seems. Next year lookout.

Dubs gonna win a 4th ring. I ain't mad at them. Except maybe Green. LOL. He's that player everyone else hates because he's rough and plays hard. Cheap, dirty, thug. Those words come to mind. Like Bill Lambier or Dennis Rodman. But you love having him on your team. Klay's playing good, a couple young new stars stepping up. Especially that one big who's helping Green out down low. The Warriors are back to their championship ways after a 2 year hiatus.
It's too early to be thinking about another ring. I'm just taking it one game-at-a-time and it feels the Dubs have the Mavs. Luka has come on, but the Dubs are battling on the boards. Brunson and Dinwiddie are contributing for the opposition, but it's not enough. Dubs fans are wondering how rookies Kuminga and Moody will be used. Kuminga hasn't played much this series and didn't get off the bench last game. Even the vet backups haven't been used that much. Kerr is only giving heavy mins to his starters and Poole.

What's hard to assess are how the Heat or the Celtics will play the Dubs and their defense. Yea, Heat won a big game last game without Butler. We'll have to see if the C's come back on the Heat next game. Bam has been incredible from what I saw of their game. The pressure is on Al Horford to ignite the C's now. If the Celts can win game 4 with Tatum, Brown and Smart like they do, then I can see it going seven games lol.

He's out of shape. They were talking about it this morning. How can you be out of shape after 100 games? Because you didn't go into the season in shape. You get in shape to be great in the off season.

It's amazing to see and hear about such nonsense when these clowns are paid so much! As great as some think Shaq was, he held himself back by being a beast, holding onto a ton of weight unnecessarily because he was just plain lazy! "I'll play myself into shape!" There's that newbie, Zion Wms. who's lugging around 300#'s and we wonder why he's oft injured and unable to play! They showed him trying to dunk the ball a few weeks ago and he barely got off the ground! Some of these athletes have no shame! :beer: :eek::rolleyes::omg:

It's too early to be thinking about another ring. I'm just taking it one game-at-a-time and it feels the Dubs have the Mavs. Luka has come on, but the Dubs are battling on the boards. Brunson and Dinwiddie are contributing for the opposition, but it's not enough. Dubs fans are wondering how rookies Kuminga and Moody will be used. Kuminga hasn't played much this series and didn't get off the bench last game. Even the vet backups haven't been used that much. Kerr is only giving heavy mins to his starters and Poole.

What's hard to assess are how the Heat or the Celtics will play the Dubs and their defense. Yea, Heat won a big game last game without Butler. We'll have to see if the C's come back on the Heat next game. Bam has been incredible from what I saw of their game. The pressure is on Al Horford to ignite the C's now. If the Celts can win game 4 with Tatum, Brown and Smart like they do, then I can see it going seven games lol.
Wonder what will happen game 5? Will the Heat blow the Celtics out or will it be a close game? So far every game seems to have been a blow out. I don't have confidence in either of these teams against he Dubs. If I had to put down $1000 right now I'd have to bet on Golden State

Green, Curry and Klay are playing well. And it seems the role players are playing well too. I love getting to know new stars who ultimately will forever be known as champs. Will that be the Heat, Celtics or Warriors? It sure won't be Dallas.

Wonder what will happen game 5? Will the Heat blow the Celtics out or will it be a close game? So far every game seems to have been a blow out. I don't have confidence in either of these teams against he Dubs. If I had to put down $1000 right now I'd have to bet on Golden State

Green, Curry and Klay are playing well. And it seems the role players are playing well too. I love getting to know new stars who ultimately will forever be known as champs. Will that be the Heat, Celtics or Warriors? It sure won't be Dallas.
It sounds like the line would favor the Dubs because they won most recent with their players out Celts and Heat. They would be the least unknown. Thus, it's prolly better to get a bet down early instead of when we know who the teams are lol.

It sounds like the line would favor the Dubs because they won most recent with their players out Celts and Heat. They would be the least unknown. Thus, it's prolly better to get a bet down early instead of when we know who the teams are lol.

If betting on the Heat or Boston will pay more than the Warriors, I'll go with them. Why? Because some years, the Eastern team is better. And you'll never know until they play each other. Like the year my Piston's beat Shaq, Kobe, Payton, Karl Malone, Derek Fisher, Rick Fox, Horace Grant, Bryon Russell, etc. It was considered the biggest let down in Lakers history until this year when Lebron didn't even make the playoffs.

The Celtics and the Golden State Warriors have played 346 games in the regular season with 208 victories for the Celtics and 138 for the Warriors.

With Phoenix eliminated, the Warriors now hold the best regular season record among the four remaining playoff teams. Because of this, Golden State will have home court advantage throughout the rest of the postseason — a significant note as the team is undefeated at the Chase Center after their first two series.

Warriors are going to win. They are already a Dynasty but this confirms it. And Curry will elevate his status as a true elite if he wins the finals MVP. Durant got it 2 of the 3 years.

Yianni really needed to win another one this year damn it! Who knows if he will ever make it back.

I wonder if the Clippers, Lakers, Nets or Philly will be good next year. At least 3 of them will be disappointed at the end of the season. If not all of them. Hell, Golden State could repeat.

Alright, pencils down and eyes to the front of the class...

...it's going to be Warrior's vs Celtics.

The unstoppable force against the immovable object.

Alright, pencils down and eyes to the front of the class...

...it's going to be Warrior's vs Celtics.

The unstoppable force against the immovable object.
I lot of young role players on the Warriors are really stepping up. Plus Curry, Green and Klay are playing well. Look out.

It sure does look like the Celtics are in the driver seat. But that only means they're going to get blown out the next game. So it will come down to game 7 in Miami. Will Miami choke? I knew Butler wasn't all that. He could have pulled a Jordan but didn't. I think the Celtics will win at home the next game but who the fuck knows. This series has been weird. I don't trust either of these teams.

And I don't hate the Warriors. Usually I hate the champs like Lebron, Durant, etc. I don't want them to win, usually. But when the older senior veterans like Curry, Klay and Green are the best, then so be it. I guess the guys like Tatum will have to wait one more year before they can call themselves forever more NBA champs.

I'm so glad Yianni got one last year. Who knows if he'll ever get another shot at it. BUT, I think it would have been Milwaukee vs Golden State if Khris Middleton wasn't hurt. So that means I think the Bucks will be in the finals next year.

I feel so sorry for jimmy butler. He played amazing. Like Jordan. But he missed the game winning shot in game 7. Michael didn’t. That sucks I wish he made that shot. It would have changed his life. It doesn’t seem fair or right that a guy who played that well didn’t do better. Tatum could have waited one more year. Damn it!

I feel so sorry for jimmy butler. He played amazing. Like Jordan. But he missed the game winning shot in game 7. Michael didn’t. That sucks I wish he made that shot. It would have changed his life. It doesn’t seem fair or right that a guy who played that well didn’t do better. Tatum could have waited one more year. Damn it!
Butler had his chance! Butler missed his 3s in the 4th and so did the Heat. I think they took more shots in the 4th, too. You gotta give the Celtics D credit.

Forum List

Back