NBA dress code racist

The ClayTaurus said:
Black's can't be proud of their heritage because, for most of them, it's a mystery. Blacks don't know what country in Africa they're from. So, as a race, they celebrate their culture together because no one knows where in Africa they're from.

Whites, on the other hand, can. I can say I'm 25% this and 30% that and have my whole european heritage down pat. And to that extent, there's plenty of celebration of white culture. Italians, french, germans; they all celebrate their culture. But there isn't a collective "white" celebration because we all know where we came from, for the most part.

Now, I'll agree that the whole black culture thing is out of control. The argument I made started out as a legimate source of pride of your heritage for blacks. Much like you would be a proud Italian or Irishmen or whatever. But it's been bastardized so much today that the sentiment is lost.

And it's funny about the affirmative action thing, I was going to put a thread up just about that... maybe in an hour or two...

Let me watch when you tell two black guys that.

rtwngAvngr said:
Yeah. Plus we need to disabuse society of anti white tendencies!

But if you follow what he was suggesting, the anti-white tendencies would disappear without having to wage war on them.

rtwngAvngr said:
Liberals tried this with reality, it still bit them. The libs also wanted to ignore communism.

Do you believe we live in world where university admissions use race as a factor? And these are supposedly the enlightened liberals. Do you really believe they want a color blind society? Or do they want a less white society?

I don't believe in race-based admissions.

The ClayTaurus said:
But if you follow what he was suggesting, the anti-white tendencies would disappear without having to wage war on them.

You assume 100% perfect parenting. The FACT is that is not the case and media content does matter.

How did we get to the point where white people are considered racist unless they accept discrimination against themselves?

rtwngAvngr said:
You assume 100% perfect parenting. The FACT is that is not the case and media content does matter.

Not 100%, but a large majority. Your point is a good one. I think that parenting is in worse shape in this country then the media is, and I think you'd get much better results adressing parenting than the media, AND I think the media would change for the better as you address parenting. Two dumb, ugly birds killed with one stone.

The ClayTaurus said:

I don't think that would go over very well. I can see you talking with two black guys.

"You know, all this Black Pride? Can't really happen. You see, Black''s can't be proud of their heritage because, for most of them, it's a mystery. Blacks don't know what country in Africa they're from. So, as a race, they celebrate their culture together because no one knows where in Africa they're from."

Telling someone they can't be proud of their race because their race doesn't know where they came from? Come on.

dmp said:
emperical evidence that Mr. Jackson is an idiot. :(

I use to keep a file on his idiotic statements. When the file got room sized, I rented a trailer to keep it in, next to the trailer with his files of statements that cant be understood,

mo fo, gut de wazzz to de bitroom, and cuz eets lick that u is racists!

and for anyone who thinks Im a racist cuz of this, go read my post in Nazis and rioters.

The ClayTaurus said:
Not 100%, but a large majority. Your point is a good one. I think that parenting is in worse shape in this country then the media is, and I think you'd get much better results adressing parenting than the media, AND I think the media would change for the better as you address parenting. Two dumb, ugly birds killed with one stone.

Parenting is key. NO doubt about it. And society is changing, that's true too. There stuff on FoxNews I was convinced 15 yrs ago would never be allowed by the leftist elite to see the light of day!

GotZoom said:
I don't think that would go over very well. I can see you talking with two black guys.

"You know, all this Black Pride? Can't really happen. You see, Black''s can't be proud of their heritage because, for most of them, it's a mystery. Blacks don't know what country in Africa they're from. So, as a race, they celebrate their culture together because no one knows where in Africa they're from."

Telling someone they can't be proud of their race because their race doesn't know where they came from? Come on.

No no no, you misunderstood my point. My fault. I was trying to say you can't be a proud South African or a proud Nigerian or whatever because the majority of blacks don't know. Whites know our heritage. Theirs was wiped out with slavery. So they have a collective racial heritage that is not country-based. Our white heritage is country-based. It's apples and oranges.

The ClayTaurus said:
No no no, you misunderstood my point. My fault. I was trying to say you can't be a proud South African or a proud Nigerian or whatever because the majority of blacks don't know. Whites know our heritage. Theirs was wiped out with slavery. So they have a collective racial heritage that is not country-based. Our white heritage is country-based. It's apples and oranges.

Not necessarily. There is a common european heritage and culture. Wearing clothes, living in houses, using money, inventing technology, etc, having laws, etc.

rtwngAvngr said:
Not necessarily. There is a common european heritage and culture. Wearing clothes, living in houses, using money, inventing technology, etc, having laws, etc.

It's not overtly celebrated. In fact, it's interwoven into the American way of life... wait, can I use your logic now to finish this statement?

The ClayTaurus said:

Perhaps for Blacks in the United States.

Go to a soccer match with the Nigerian National Team or a Rugby match with the Springboks and tell me there is no pride.

The ClayTaurus said:
It's not overtly celebrated. In fact, it's interwoven into the American way of life... wait, can I use your logic now to finish this statement?

Let me pose another, slightly tangential. So then are all cultures equal? Is any aspect of america's succes due to it's admittedly EuroInfluenced culture?

GotZoom said:

Go to a soccer match with the Nigerian National Team or a Rugby match with the Springboks and tell me there is no pride.
Duh, he said that slavery had wiped out their heritage. He's talking about US blacks released from slavery who were originally from Nigeria and South Africa, not those living there today.

GotZoom said:

Agreed, I should have been more specific.

rtwngAvngr said:
Let me pose another, slightly tangential. So then are all cultures equal? Is any aspect of america's succes due to it's admittedly EuroInfluenced culture?

I would be hesitant to say one culture is better than another culture. That's not to say that I wouldn't do it, but I wouldn't be hasty in doing so.

Hagbard Celine said:
Duh, he said that slavery had wiped out their heritage. He's talking about US blacks released from slavery who were originally from Nigeria and South Africa, not those living there today.

Farrakhan is appealing to race. And if you think race is merely just a convenient stand in for a lost nationalism, then you sah, mastah, is a moron.

Forum List

Back