NAVY SEALS ordered to remove "Don't Tread on Me" from Uniforms.

The2ndAmendment

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2013
In a dependant and enslaved country.
The Tea Party will undoubtedly be labeled as a hostile organization since they are having this ancient symbol removed.

Navy SEALs ordered to remove 'don't tread on me' Navy Jack from uniforms | The Daily Caller

The Navy Jack is the ‘don’t tread on me’ flag, one that has earned a revered place in America’s naval history and a beloved place in sailor’s hearts, through its use for over two centuries. This symbol of America’s naval ferocity has spanned our country’s entire existence, flying from the masts of the Continental Navy during the war of independence, to today’s War on Terror. In fact, an amendment to the Navy code called SECNAV Instruction 10520.6 clearly states that as of 31 May 2002 all ships are to fly the flag throughout the duration of the War on Terror.

So why would ranking SEAL commanders ban the historical symbol?

What does the Navy Jack have to do with the Tea Party?

What is the Tea Party slogan and symbol?

The Gadsden Flag is the generally recognized symbol of the Tea Party, not the Navy Jack.

Gadsden Flag:
Gadsden.jpg

First Navy Jack:
us-1nj.gif

Hmmmm ... this has the smell of a phony story.

Something is missing at least, like maybe all other emblems were banned? Need more info.

I think that the most interesting part of this is that you think an unsubstantiated rumor from anonymous sources about Navy uniforms is "undoubtable" proof that the Tea Party is going to be labelled "hostile" by the US Government.

Developing Story
Some have suggested that the email above could have been more about bringing uniformity to NWU Type-III than distancing SEALs from the Tea Party. Others have directly blamed the Administration, stating “Obama orders Navy SEALs to remove…”

As the story unfolds, we are currently pursuing the following points:

Is the email above real?
If it is real, what is the official explanation?

We have reached out to several military sources for an official response and will update accordingly.

Were Navy SEALs Ordered to Remove "Don't Tread on Me" Navy Jack From Uniforms? - wafflesatnoon.com

Edit: Can't find any reliable source that supports this sory - I say it's a fake, but not 100% sure yet.

Last edited:
I think that the most interesting part of this is that you think an unsubstantiated rumor from anonymous sources about Navy uniforms is "undoubtable" proof that the Tea Party is going to be labelled "hostile" by the US Government.

It already happened in my own State (New York)

Gadsden flag, called Tea Party symbol, removed from New York military armory | Fox News

If you pulled your nose out of Salon.com, Democratic Underground and took your eyes away from MSNBC, you would see the real world about you.

the decision ordered by City Manager Chuck Strome after complaints that the flag is a symbol of the Tea Party movement, according to World Net Daily.

Last edited:
What is the Tea Party slogan and symbol?

The Gadsden Flag is the generally recognized symbol of the Tea Party, not the Navy Jack.

Gadsden Flag:
Gadsden.jpg

First Navy Jack:
us-1nj.gif

So, you don't see the identical slogan and mascot (snake) on both of those?

They are two entirely separate flags, used to represent entirely different things.

The history of both of the flags is very interesting, but they're not really related to each other. Gadsden's flag was his personal standard, whereas the Navy Jack (according to legend) was the first Jack of the US Navy.

The Navy Jack didn't actually gain any notoriety until the bicentennial celebration in 1976, when a Navy officer found a picture of it in a textbook, and suggested that it be used "again."

It's also thought that the First Navy Jack was possibly made as an insult to the (then-new) US Navy by the British artist who painted it - since a rattlesnake in a defensive position will coil up rather than lie flat, and the Navy Jack snake seems instead to be running away, rather than defending itself.

Gadsden Flag:
Gadsden.jpg

First Navy Jack:
us-1nj.gif

So, you don't see the identical slogan and mascot (snake) on both of those?

They are two entirely separate flags, used to represent entirely different things.

The history of both of the flags is very interesting, but they're not really related to each other. Gadsden's flag was his personal standard, whereas the Navy Jack (according to legend) was the first Jack of the US Navy.

The Navy Jack didn't actually gain any notoriety until the bicentennial celebration in 1976, when a Navy officer found a picture of it in a textbook, and suggested that it be used "again."

Good job ignoring my other post.

These scandals all share a common denominator, being that some componant of the story is usually true; to what extent is the question.

Already, certain facts are not adding up.

Last edited:

It already happened in my own State (New York)

Gadsden flag, called Tea Party symbol, removed from New York military armory | Fox News

If you pulled your nose out of Salon.com, Democratic Underground and took your eyes away from MSNBC, you would see the real world about you.

the decision ordered by City Manager Chuck Strome after complaints that the flag is a symbol of the Tea Party movement, according to World Net Daily.

What "already happened" in New York? Did the Government of New York declare the Tea Party to be "hostile"?

Something is missing at least, like maybe all other emblems were banned? Need more info.

It already happened in New York and many other areas, this is the first instance of it happening in the ACTIVE military.

It already happened in New York and many other areas, this is the first instance of it happening in the ACTIVE military.

You are having a hard time understanding this, for whatever reason.

The Gadsden Flag and the First Navy Jack are not the same thing.

What "already happened" in New York? Did the Government of New York declare the Tea Party to be "hostile"?

You didn't' read the article.

It's a wonder that trolls like you qualify for admin privileges.

I did read the article. It describes the New Rochelle town council voting to remove the Gadsden flag from public property, due to its association with the Tea Party.

How does that relate to the post of mine that you were responding to?

Peter Parente, president of the United Veterans Memorial and Patriotic Association of New Rochelle, sent Strome links to the history of the flag so he decided to allow it to remain.

But the city council then stepped in, voting 5-2 to order the flag to be removed.

The five members who voted to uphold its removal were Democrats, while the two voting to reinstate the flag were Republicans.

Read more at Banished! Historic ?Don?t Tread On Me? flag

That's it out of the entire nexus.

????

Forum List

Back