Soldiers' farewell haka footage goes viral

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
Army spokesman Major John Gordon told the Herald last week the haka represented their "outpouring of emotion".

"Our military is a small organisation and people tend to all know each other," he said.

"Many soldiers don't tend to show their emotions. But today, you saw their collective grief. Their personal grieving will come later."

Soldiers' farewell haka footage goes viral - National - NZ Herald News

I've never seen anything like this before, it is very moving.

Army spokesman Major John Gordon told the Herald last week the haka represented their "outpouring of emotion".

"Our military is a small organisation and people tend to all know each other," he said.

"Many soldiers don't tend to show their emotions. But today, you saw their collective grief. Their personal grieving will come later."

see... ive always thought everyone knew what that was!

• Banned

see... ive always thought everyone knew what that was!

Nope, and I even had a good kiwi friend for several years! Some things just don't come up in polite conversation, apparently. :)

It's very intense and moving, especially when you see it live and on stage.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is their original War dance.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI851yJUQQw]Original maori haka dance - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

Forum List

Back