NAVY SEALS ordered to remove "Don't Tread on Me" from Uniforms.

It already happened in New York and many other areas, this is the first instance of it happening in the ACTIVE military.

Gadsden flag, called Tea Party symbol, removed from New York military armory | Fox News

If you pulled your nose out of Salon.com, Democratic Underground and took your eyes away from MSNBC, you would see the real world about you.

the decision ordered by City Manager Chuck Strome after complaints that the flag is a symbol of the Tea Party movement, according to World Net Daily.

I'm not a democrat, but you want me to stop reading Democratic Underground (never even heard of it) and start watching FOX news?

Pass.

You know.....................the easiest way to settle if this is a true story or not is to look up the Navy Uniform regulations and see if the Gadsden flag was ever allowed to be on the uniform.

I'm pretty sure it never has been allowed on uniforms, because I spent time around SEALs during the 20 years I was in the Navy and never saw them wear the Gadsden flag or the Union Jack on their uniform at any time.

I have seen the U.S. flag worn on the uniform, but that's about it, and it was never worn on service dress blues, service dress whites, service blues, service whites, or dungarees.\

But...........considering that I retired back in 2002, things could have changed. I'm going to look up the uniform regs to check it out, but this smells suspicious and sounds like a bullshit story.

You know.....................the easiest way to settle if this is a true story or not is to look up the Navy Uniform regulations and see if the Gadsden flag was ever allowed to be on the uniform.

I'm pretty sure it never has been allowed on uniforms, because I spent time around SEALs during the 20 years I was in the Navy and never saw them wear the Gadsden flag or the Union Jack on their uniform at any time.

I have seen the U.S. flag worn on the uniform, but that's about it, and it was never worn on service dress blues, service dress whites, service blues, service whites, or dungarees.\

But...........considering that I retired back in 2002, things could have changed. I'm going to look up the uniform regs to check it out, but this smells suspicious and sounds like a bullshit story.

None of the sory makes sense so far. Thanks for the imput - I'll try to find out more when I don't have to work at 4:00 AM.

First Navy Jack has been authorized for wear as a patch by sailors assigned to and serving with Army units, at the discretion of the local Army commander. Sailors assigned to International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) are authorized to wear the First Navy Jack on their Army Combat Uniform (ACU)/Operation Enduring Freedom Camouflage Pattern (MultiCam) on the right sleeve, below the American flag.

... at the discretion of the local Army commander? So, it was always his call?

Last edited:
What does the Navy Jack have to do with the Tea Party?

Well, that's the question one might ask.

After reading the email, I first wondered, ‘why?’ (Actually, first I headed to the gym to take out my frustration and anger on some unsuspecting weights with the fury and intensity only a former Navy SEAL can exert.) Why would our leaders sell out our heritage?

Why would they rob present and future sailors of our battle cry?

When a friend of mine asked his leadership the same question, he was told, “The Jack is too closely associated with radical groups.” We must assume that this thought policeman embedded in the SEAL community is speaking of the Tea Party, whose flag (which also dates from the American Revolution) depicts a snake with the same defiant slogan as The Navy Jack.

This begs yet another question: Who defines “radical group”? The last time I checked, all military personnel are under oath to “support and defend the constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic.” The Tea Party stands for constitutional rights and founding principles of civil liberties and limited government. Radical? Not unless you’re a leftist hell-bent on destroying the foundations of our country. Or as the President has stated as the objective of his presidency, “to fundamentally transform” America.

From the OP's source.

If you are too busy with your mod duties to read at least below the fold of an online mag cited as the news source of a thread maybe you shouldn't post in that thread.

Doing so makes you unnecessarily vulnerable to attacks aimed at discrediting you.

You don't need that kind of abuse, doc.

Last edited:
The traditional version of the First Navy Jack has an uncoiled rattlesnake and the same motto as the Gadsden flag, on a field of 13 horizontal red and white stripes. Flag experts (vexillologists) speculate that either the English Artist Thomas Hart either did not know about the practice of Rattlesnakes to coil in defense, or did, and intended to insult the fledgling American Navy as a weak and vulnerable creature as a rattlesnake is when not coiled and ready to strike, slithering on the ground, trying to escape, with its motto "(Please) Don't Tread on Me!". However, others[who?] suggest the snake pictured on the flag was being provoked, and is striking. Hence the warning, "Don't tread on me (or I will strike)".[citation needed]

Gadsden flag - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tea Party Movement symbol[edit]

Beginning in 2009 at Tea Party rallies, the Gadsden Flag has been adopted as a symbol of the American Tea Party movement.[13][14][15][16] It was also displayed by members of Congress at Tea Party movement rallies.[17] Some lawmakers have called it a "political symbol" because of this association.[15][18] In March, 2013, the city of New Rochelle, New York ordered the removal of the Gadsden flag from the city's vacant armory building because they feared that the flag would be seen as political. The next month, a veterans group, the United Veterans Memorial & Patriotic Association, filed suit against the city.[19] The suit is currently pending.

Ibid.

Last edited:

After reading the email, I first wondered, ‘why?’ (Actually, first I headed to the gym to take out my frustration and anger on some unsuspecting weights with the fury and intensity only a former Navy SEAL can exert.) Why would our leaders sell out our heritage?

When a friend of mine asked his leadership the same question, he was told, “The Jack is too closely associated with radical groups.” We must assume that this thought policeman embedded in the SEAL community is speaking of the Tea Party, whose flag (which also dates from the American Revolution) depicts a snake with the same defiant slogan as The Navy Jack.

This begs yet another question: Who defines “radical group”? The last time I checked, all military personnel are under oath to “support and defend the constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic.” The Tea Party stands for constitutional rights and founding principles of civil liberties and limited government. Radical? Not unless you’re a leftist hell-bent on destroying the foundations of our country. Or as the President has stated as the objective of his presidency, “to fundamentally transform” America.

From the OP's source.

If you are too busy with your mod duties to read at least below the fold of an online mag cited as the news source of a thread maybe you shouldn't post in that thread.

Doing so makes you unnecessarily vulnerable to attacks aimed at discrediting you.

Your concern is noted. :lol:

I read the "source", and I think it's pure nonsense.

I was hoping that perhaps 2ndAmendment could provide some explanation or corroboration for the glaring logical failures and unnamed anonymous sources of the editorial that he so kindly parrots for all of us.

From the OP's source.

I was hoping that perhaps 2ndAmendment could provide some explanation or corroboration for the glaring logical failures and unnamed anonymous sources of the editorial that he so kindly parrots for all of us.

You are aware that the Military has warned serving members to not belong to religious groups that Obama disagrees with? A direct violation of the 1st Amendment.

From the OP's source.

You are aware that the Military has warned serving members to not belong to religious groups that Obama disagrees with? A direct violation of the 1st Amendment.

What are you talking about?

SEALS tend to be an independent (some would say arrogant) branch of the Navy but they don't get to design their own uniforms.

What are you talking about?

You're kidding Doctor, that you didn't hear this MAINSTREAM story on Fox and CNN? Ot wait, you only watch MSNBC, nvm.

The new flag:

snakehealth.jpg

Hmmmm ... this has the smell of a phony story.

Something is missing at least, like maybe all other emblems were banned? Need more info.

This bunch will fall for any lie. All they care about is getting another chance to lie about the president.

From the OP's source.

Every day, you post another one of these wild eyed accusations that you cannot back up with facts.

You're a liar. A chronic liar.

Every day, you post another one of these wild eyed accusations that you cannot back up with facts.

You're a liar. A chronic liar.

What is he lying about?

Forum List

Back