National Geografox - War on Xmas issue

Star

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2009

Some naïve National Geographic supporters and employees think Fox/Murdoch won't screw up the integrity that NG has nurtured, but others, think within five years NG will no longer be the reliable science-news source it has been - for over 100 years.

A doctor golf buddy of mine told me yesterday, he was unable to cancel his subscription for the three clinics he owns but he told his secretary not to renew their subscription.

My question is; will Fox, like most major media sources, force their employees/reporters to skew their science-news to favor the oligarchy?
And, with Fox's anti-science and anti-environmentalism stance, should NG lose it's Walton Family Foundation and government funding?

National Geographic contributors embrace Fox deal with ample caution
Tafline Laylin
16 September 2015

When news broke that 21st Century Fox expanded its partnership with National Geographic Society to form a for-profit joint venture, many people exploded with vitriol over Rupert Murdoch’s potential influence over a scientific institution largely held sacred.

<snip>

Dave Edwards wrote: “I will not be renewing my subscription, I find this highly repulsive. Quite honestly, Rupert Murdoch is inherently evil, as are his ‘news’ organizations, which are dedicated to far-right blasphemy and propaganda. To think or say he does not have an agenda for NG is naive at best, and intellectually dishonest at worst.”

Another veteran National Geographic photographer, Steve Winter, has reason to support the new arrangement.
“For what I do as a natural history photographer, I rely on the budget of the magazine, I rely on the expeditions council for grants to do my projects,” he said. “I photograph big cats. I couldn’t do it without these grants.”

<snip>

Cartoon: National Geografox
by RubenBolling
Sep 17, 2015

1255ckCOMIC-national-geografox.png

lol, what a bunch of whiner wussies at the NG. good grief. get a load of this spew.

---------------------
Dave Edwards wrote: “I will not be renewing my subscription, I find this highly repulsive. Quite honestly, Rupert Murdoch is inherently evil, as are his ‘news’ organizations, which are dedicated to far-right blasphemy and propaganda. To think or say he does not have an agenda for NG is naive at best, and intellectually dishonest at worst.”

just what the hell would he call that spew of his? Murdoch is "inherently evil" evil he says. typical liberal talking point

and then there's this:

----------------
When news broke that 21st Century Fox expanded its partnership with National Geographic Society to form a for-profit joint venture, many people exploded with vitriol over Rupert Murdoch’s potential influence over a scientific institution largely held sacred.

Over a Scientific institution Largely held scared. held scared by WHO?
this is why we can't take "science" today as the truth or that it hasn't some kind of politics involved in it

They've ruined it and the trust of the people when they crawled in bed with Politicians like Al Gore.

lol, what a bunch of whiner wussies at the NG. good grief. get a load of this spew.

---------------------

just what the hell would he call that spew of his? Murdoch is "inherently evil" evil he says. typical liberal talking point

and then there's this:

----------------

Over a Scientific institution Largely held scared. held scared by WHO?
this is why we can't take "science" today as the truth or that it hasn't some kind of politics involved in it

They've ruined it and the trust of the people when they crawled in bed with Politicians like Al Gore.
Not saying that this Dave Edwards dude is wrong but exactly what "news" does he think is NOT propaganda and opinion?

Some naïve National Geographic supporters and employees think Fox/Murdoch won't screw up the integrity that NG has nurtured, but others, think within five years NG will no longer be the reliable science-news source it has been - for over 100 years.

A doctor golf buddy of mine told me yesterday, he was unable to cancel his subscription for the three clinics he owns but he told his secretary not to renew their subscription.

My question is; will Fox, like most major media sources, force their employees/reporters to skew their science-news to favor the oligarchy?
And, with Fox's anti-science and anti-environmentalism stance, should NG lose it's Walton Family Foundation and government funding?

National Geographic contributors embrace Fox deal with ample caution
Tafline Laylin
16 September 2015

<snip>

Another veteran National Geographic photographer, Steve Winter, has reason to support the new arrangement.
“For what I do as a natural history photographer, I rely on the budget of the magazine, I rely on the expeditions council for grants to do my projects,” he said. “I photograph big cats. I couldn’t do it without these grants.”

<snip>

Cartoon: National Geografox
by RubenBolling
Sep 17, 2015

1255ckCOMIC-national-geografox.png

Great graphic! :rofl:

Working link to the article would appear to be here. The OP erroneously capitalized "Murdoch" in the URL.

Well your links don't work, that's one of your problems but only a minor one........

To be clear, you're wrong when you say "links", one works the other doesn't - that would be link not "links", but that aside, I'm not sure why the C&Ped link didn't work but... yawn. Pogo is smart enough to know how to find the article and post the link, if it bothers you, go to message #6 on this thread - thanks Pogo!

But-----but do you have anything to say about the subject of this thread, or did you just want to point out that you don't know how to find a posted article without a lib posting a link for you?

Well your links don't work, that's one of your problems but only a minor one........

To be clear, you're wrong when you say "links", one works the other doesn't - that would be link not "links", but that aside, I'm not sure why the C&Ped link didn't work but... yawn. Pogo is smart enough to know how to find the article and post the link, if it bothers you, go to message #6 on this thread - thanks Pogo!

But-----but do you have anything to say about the subject of this thread, or did you just want to point out that you don't know how to find a posted article without a lib posting a link for you?

If a lib like Pogo was helping me it would be fine at least it would be a lib and not a clueless hack. :thup:

One should always verify one's links; I took the time to look it up since I was interested and had the title and author.

OP gets points for using the diaresis in the word naïve though. As a lexicographical archconservative I appoveth.

Forum List

Back