National Debt, Rep vs Dem

I did.

I like this part best:

If their job is to spend, it's also their job to bankrupt the country?

You seem overly defensive about Congress. Seems a nerve has been struck!

Were you one of the simpleton idiots who was bitching about "Booooosh killed paygo" and are now defending Congress' total lack of interest in re-instating a paygo with some teeth?

Try again, dumbass. I like the idea of paying for everything...with taxes. Tax and spend is very good motto and one the Founders would have approved.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

That's why they liked the Crown so much!

You're a cartoon caricature.

Why do you think you're not represented? Did your Representative and Senators just seize office without an election?

The election is over with.

They aren't listening to us anymore.

61% are against their health care plan give or take 5%...and they still insist on passing it.

Yes....there is an election coming up that will deal with this renegade Congress.

In a representative democracy we place our fate in the hands of representatives based on what we know or think we know about their values and beliefs. They don't have to react to every change of public opinion and may not but that doesn't mean they're not doing their jobs. They're responsible only for obeying the law not for making their constituents happy.

I think on important issues they'd better pay attention or they'll be out of a job.

And I'm afraid that the feeling about health care has been fairly consistent and across the board. It hasn't changed much in the last 6 months.

Why do you think you're not represented? Did your Representative and Senators just seize office without an election?

The election is over with.

They aren't listening to us anymore.

61% are against their health care plan give or take 5%...and they still insist on passing it.

Yes....there is an election coming up that will deal with this renegade Congress.

In a representative democracy we place our fate in the hands of representatives based on what we know or think we know about their values and beliefs. They don't have to react to every change of public opinion and may not but that doesn't mean they're not doing their jobs. They're responsible only for obeying the law not for making their constituents happy.

Try again, dumbass. I like the idea of paying for everything...with taxes. Tax and spend is very good motto and one the Founders would have approved.

That's why they liked the Crown so much!

You're a cartoon caricature.

Yet so much more knowledgeable than you. You must be a real loser.

You beliefs are geared towards control and tamping down initiative...not encouraging productivity and growth. So your beliefs are a loser.

That may be but you're whining about spending. Regardless of who's responsible for it, it's what the government is supposed to do.

The government envisioned by the framers of the constitution was a minimal government, one which subsisted on minimal taxation. Congress has turned that around and made government huge by SPENDING too much of the taxpayer's money.

The retarded belief expressed in the quote is a major part of why congress can get away with creating huge deficits.

I think on important issues they'd better pay attention or they'll be out of a job.

And I'm afraid that the feeling about health care has been fairly consistent and across the board. It hasn't changed much in the last 6 months.

Maybe they know the public are fickle. Today, they're against. Tomorrow, who knows? All our representatives know for sure is their own values.

Maybe they know the public are fickle. Today, they're against. Tomorrow, who knows? All our representatives know for sure is their own values.

REALLY!!!! YOU THINK????

I think they're counting on them to change their minds which means they think they're a bunch of fools..

That doesn't say much for their opinions of the American public.

Last edited:
So?

What's your point?

Congress is supposed to spend money. Spending is among the very first of the declared powers of Congress.
Is that your simpleton interpretation of Section 8? Or, have you even read it?

That's the way I dumb-it-down for dimwits who don't understand it.

Congress is supposed to represent the people. When the people don't like the representation they have the right to remove them at the voting booth. But most everyone's focused on the President when the real power resides with Congress.

That's the point.

That may be but you're whining about spending. Regardless of who's responsible for it, it's what the government is supposed to do.

The left has been very forthcoming with why they have no right to run this country.

1. They expect politicans to lie.
2. They expect politicans to spend; and more is better.
3. They have no problem with blind shows of power.

Congress is not supposed to spend money.

I'm assuming you've read Article 1, Section 8 of the US Constitution but just don't believe it.

Is that right?

Yes...I read it and I also know that taxation without representation was the primary reason we are a separate nation now.

The problem with your argument lies in the fact that you and the republicans were voted into the MINORITY and therefore the MAJORITY is being represented and you feel left out. LOL

I'm assuming you've read Article 1, Section 8 of the US Constitution but just don't believe it.

Is that right?

Yes...I read it and I also know that taxation without representation was the primary reason we are a separate nation now.

On the msnbc message board there was a republican who tried to claim he had a lack of representation when every single republican he was able to vote for got into office. He voted them into office and then tried to claim he wasn't being represented because in the last election the republicans were voted into the minority.

Is that right?

The problem with your argument lies in the fact that you and the republicans were voted into the MINORITY and therefore the MAJORITY is being represented and you feel left out. LOL

One day in November doesn't end the discussion nor does it write in stone what the will of the people is.

The problem with your reasoning is public opinion has changed.

So sticking to a reckless agenda goes against the will of the people.

Do so at your own peril.

Because the majority stealing from the minority makes it right?

What are you talking about?? Where did you read any of that in what I actually said??

The fact is that we had an election, the right LOST and have been whining about not being represented ever since. The MAJORITY rejected your party and sent you packing. You had your vote and were overruled by a MAJORITY. Don't you think it's time that you accept that and stop whining about being in the MINORITY. You can also stop claiming that you are not represented espceially in the context of no taxation without representation because that does NOT apply?

Last edited:

One day in November doesn't end the discussion nor does it write in stone what the will of the people is.

and yet it does put the decision in the hands of those the MAJORITY voted in to office to represent them. The fact that you are in the MINORITY has no bearing on representation as you described it.

The problem with your reasoning is public opinion has changed.

and yet not so much. The people had their say on whoi they wanted to represent them and they will have their say again in 2010. If they disagree with who they voted for then they can vote for someone else and try to change that however, for the right to whine about it after being voted into the minority in a nonelection year when NOTHING can be changed concerning representation does nothing.

So sticking to a reckless agenda goes against the will of the people.

Funny how the right didn't feel that way when it was W and the republicans "sticking to their guns" LOL Furthermore, I don't understand what you are talking about. what "will of the people" are you talking about?

Do so at your own peril.

And that is the point of it all. If the elected representative votes against his or her constituency then they can be voted out in the NEXT election. However, that doesn't change the fact that you were voted into the MINORITY and had your vote but LOST.

Last edited:

What are you talking about?? Where did you read any of that in what I actually said??

The fact is that we had an election, the right LOST and have been whining about not being represented ever since. The MAJORITY rejected your party and sent you packing. You had your vote and were overruled by a MAJORITY. Don't you think it's time that you accept that and stop whining about being in the MINORITY. You can also stop claiming that you are not represented espceially in the context of no taxation without representation because that does NOT apply?

Sure it does. The Dems won on a series of lies....false claims to be exact. They aren't doing what they said they were going to do. They said they would be transparent...not secretive. So they're not giving us the representative government they ran on.

How do you define stealing.

steal⋅ing [stee-ling]

–noun 1. the act of a person who steals. a Democrat that claims he want to spread the wealth.

2. Usually, stealings. something that is stolen. taxes used for purposes other then admitted to or not called taxes in the first place.

–adjective 3. given to or characterized by theft.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Origin:
1300–50; ME steling (ger.). See steal, -ing 1 , -ing 2

Related forms:

steal⋅ing⋅ly, adverb

Last edited:

Sure it does. The Dems won on a series of lies....false claims to be exact. They aren't doing what they said they were going to do. They said they would be transparent...not secretive. So they're not giving us the representative government they ran on.

steal⋅ing [stee-ling]

–noun 1. the act of a person who steals. a Democrat that claims he want to spread the wealth.

2. Usually, stealings. something that is stolen. taxes used for purposes other then admitted to or not called taxes in the first place.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Origin:

Related forms:

steal⋅ing⋅ly, adverb

So you ARE whining about losing an election?? LOL If that is the case campaign on it next time and vote them out. However, if they are still around the next time it's apparent that it's not as big of an issue as you are trying to make it out to be. You lost get over it already. LOL

BTW I know the definition of stealing I just don't see how it applies to anything I said in the post you responded to. Have anything specific or do you actually think continuing to be vague will suffice??

steal⋅ing [stee-ling]

Origin:

Related forms:

steal⋅ing⋅ly, adverb

So you ARE whining about losing an election?? LOL If that is the case campaign on it next time and vote them out. However, if they are still around the next time it's apparent that it's not as big of an issue as you are trying to make it out to be. You lost get over it already. LOL

BTW I know the definition of stealing I just don't see how it applies to anything I said in the post you responded to. Have anything specific or do you actually think continuing to be vague will suffice??

I think everyone here has been very specific.

Problem is you continue to say "you lost...get over it".

So if that kind of attitude forces you to lose in the next couple of elections...which it really looks is highly possible.....

..then all I can say then is "YOU LOST....GET OVER IT!!!"

Last edited:

steal⋅ing [stee-ling]

Origin:

Related forms:

steal⋅ing⋅ly, adverb

I think everyone here has been very specific.

Problem is you continue to say "you lost...get over it".

So if that kind of attitude forces you to lose in the next couple of elections...which it really looks is highly possible.....

..then all I can say then is "YOU LOST....GET OVER IT!!!"

You have NOT been specific and still are NOT being specific. I am still waiting on you to show how your "stealing" comment applies to anything I said in the post it was a response to.

If my party loses in the next election I can guarantee I won't be whining about not being represented. I currently live in a state where my party rarely wins and I have never whined about it before so why start now?

The point is stop whining about a lack of representation because you are in the minority.

Last edited:
Democrats just can't help themselves. They whine about bills they wrote and are trying to pass. They whine about being in the minority and then continue to whine about the minority.

Reminds me of employees who whine about the boss. Then they become the boss and whine about the employees. These types make for bad bosses by the way.

Forum List

Back