Change Nobody Believes In

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
WSJ blasts the lie that is Obamacare...

____

Change Nobody Believes In
A bill so reckless that it has to be rammed through on a partisan vote on Christmas eve.

And tidings of comfort and joy from Harry Reid too. The Senate Majority Leader has decided that the last few days before Christmas are the opportune moment for a narrow majority of Democrats to stuff ObamaCare through the Senate to meet an arbitrary White House deadline. Barring some extraordinary reversal, it now seems as if they have the 60 votes they need to jump off this cliff, with one-seventh of the economy in tow.

Mr. Obama promised a new era of transparent good government, yet on Saturday morning Mr. Reid threw out the 2,100-page bill that the world's greatest deliberative body spent just 17 days debating and replaced it with a new "manager's amendment" that was stapled together in covert partisan negotiations. Democrats are barely even bothering to pretend to care what's in it, not that any Senator had the chance to digest it in the 38 hours before the first cloture vote at 1 a.m. this morning. After procedural motions that allow for no amendments, the final vote could come at 9 p.m. on December 24.

Even in World War I there was a Christmas truce.

The rushed, secretive way that a bill this destructive and unpopular is being forced on the country shows that "reform" has devolved into the raw exercise of political power for the single purpose of permanently expanding the American entitlement state.

Rest of article here:

A Reckless Health Care Bill That Nobody Believes In - WSJ.com

Hmmmm..

I wonder what Sarah Palin would do in this situation?

Sarah claims that Obamacare wants to kill her baby

Last edited:
Hmmmm..

I wonder what Sarah Palin would do in this situation?

That's the best you can do? I can see why you would want to deflect the fact that you are one of the losers that elected that fuck and is stupid enough to continue defending him. The democraps have proven once and for all that they are nothing but a bunch of lemmings that will follow any asshole off of a cliff.

save Billions
closes doughnut hole
No pre existing conditions
No wasting million on executive salaries
Crammed through? The right said the same in the 1930s and social security. Ask any of the Democrats or Republicans " don't touch my social security."
Benefits seniors reduces waste, extends benefits almost 10years
expands medicare
Status quo is no longer an option
saves billions off the budget.
Time to pass it now!

save Billions
closes doughnut hole
Crammed through? The right said the same in the 1930s and social security. Ask any of the Democrats or Republicans " don't touch my social security."
expands medicare
Time to pass it now!

For the love of God, you really did drink the Kool-Aid didn't you. :lol:

enough fear and hate.
Republicans had a year and a half to produce something, but no just more fear and hate.
A public option should be added come spring.
I enjoy the pain and suffering on the constipated Republicans lying every chance they get.
IMOa slo uptick in the economy will take care of the next few elections.

You know, I have yet to hear Obama give one speech that doesn't have a threat to the American people woven in it somewhere.

So stuff your ridiculous fear and hate mantra. You guys deliver on that every day.

My party could have offered an acceptable alternative to the Democrat plan. My party could have entered the 21st century, but "oh no!" enough of us are listening to the likes of Sean, Rush, Glenn, etc, that we believe that "business as usual works".

The bigger fools, we. The Dems will remain in a powerful majority from 2010 to the national elections in 2012. The wing nut reactionaries to the right have screwed the GOP over mightily.

You know, I have yet to hear Obama give one speech that doesn't have a threat to the American people woven in it somewhere.

So stuff your ridiculous fear and hate mantra. You guys deliver on that every day.

Quite correct.

It has always been do this now or we are going to perish...

That, and "Blame BOOOOSSHHHHHH..."

Obama is the fear-monger-in-chief...

Hopefully after the 2010 election, some of this might be able to get peeled back. Starting with the bribes like the Cornhusker Bribe er, I mean "Deal"

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

OMG!!!

That's too fuckin' hilarious!!!

Samson, it isn't all etched in stone, but there will be things in the bill that will be etched in stone. I don't know what will be vulnerable on it...but, I'm an optimist that something this screwed up can't be fixed to some degree. We won't be able to afford it when reality hits the books. So I guess the best I can say to you is fuck off asshole
But, have a Merry Christmas at the same time.

save Billions -- No government program ever did that
closes doughnut hole -- Ditto the above.
No pre existing conditions -- Starting when? 2013?
No wasting million on executive salaries -- There's NO provision for that in the bill at all.
Crammed through? The right said the same in the 1930s and social security. Ask any of the Democrats or Republicans " don't touch my social security." -- Revisionist history. You need to study.
Benefits seniors reduces waste, extends benefits almost 10years -- After the four year wait while they all die off?
expands medicare -- At what cost? And when does it start? Oh yeah, 2013.
Status quo is no longer an option -- Sure it is. The rich will get richer and the poor will be worse off.
saves billions off the budget. -- You already said that once. And again I'll say, NO government program has ever done that. Ever.
Time to pass it now! -- Yes, "now" because it's a "crisis" but NO benefits kick in for four years. Real emergency!
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

None of the "benefits" kick in until what, 2013? Meanwhile thousands will DIE, and the government rapes the 20-somethings with the mandate!

I can see now why you want this!

Last edited:
enough fear and hate.
Republicans had a year and a half to produce something, but no just more fear and hate.
A public option should be added come spring.
I enjoy the pain and suffering on the constipated Republicans lying every chance they get.
IMOa slo uptick in the economy will take care of the next few elections.

You really should get ready to enjoy your own pain and suffering. We will be paying for this with taxes and it won't take effect until 2013 or 2014.

AS for the Reps and any ideas they may have had. The Dems weren't interested. They were bound and determined to bring their HISTORIC moment to furition. They have the majority and don't need the Reps for anything. Still took a lot of bribery on Reids part to even get the clusterfuck to the floor for a vote. I'm sure you'll lilke paying for Medicaid in Nebraska since the citizens of that State won't be. I also wonder what gems are hidden in this bill??? You know, the gems that Reid and his cohorts put in there behind those closed doors. Open and Transparant Govt. Oh yeah CHANGE YOU CAN BELIEVE IN. What a bunch of shit.

save Billions
closes doughnut hole
expands medicare
Time to pass it now!

I know I'm ready for some cram-down.

AS for the Reps and any ideas they may have had. The Dems weren't interested. They were bound and determined to bring their HISTORIC moment to furition. They have the majority and don't need the Reps for anything. Still took a lot of bribery on Reids part to even get the clusterfuck to the floor for a vote. I'm sure you'll lilke paying for Medicaid in Nebraska since the citizens of that State won't be. I also wonder what gems are hidden in this bill??? You know, the gems that Reid and his cohorts put in there behind those closed doors. Open and Transparant Govt. Oh yeah CHANGE YOU CAN BELIEVE IN. What a bunch of shit.

Too bad the Republicans set-out to obstruct the Democratic Congress. None of that would have happened.

Too bad the Republicans set-out to obstruct the Democratic Congress. None of that would have happened.

Seems the moderate and blue dog Dems did more obstructing than the Reps did. Hmmmm guess even with a majority its hard to push shit through.

Forum List

Back