CDZ National Anthem delet

p kirkes

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2006
NW Louisiana
To protest injustice for many Americans some professional sports players have taken the knee (or the butt) rather that stand for the traditional playing of the national anthem.

This protest mode has now filtered down to little league players. The trend is growing. Soon every event will be hijacked by protesters. I personally don't think it's appropriate. A time and place for everything is my motto.

My concern is, should the national anthem be held hostage for people to make a relatively easy form of protest or should event promoters delete playing the national anthem and substitute something else, like "we will overcome" or a similar expressive.

I predict this protest movement will escalate into bloodshed or civil unrest and adversely affect our young (now).

To protest is the American way, but the time and place are also considerations. Otherwise unintended consequences will result.

Thank you.

Eh, it doesn't really seem like an issue.

The issue isn't patriotism; it is misusing a public position for private purposes. Individuals are free to express their opinions on their own time and at their own expense, but they not justified in using their employment as a platform for expressing their non-work related opinions. The NFL can do what it wants, including catering to its intellectually challenged employees, but it could also adopt rules which would assess unsportsmanlike penalties for deliberate disrespecting opening ceremonies before games.

This is still America, if you don't like it then leave, go somewhere you could love!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

To protest injustice for many Americans some professional sports players have taken the knee (or the butt) rather that stand for the traditional playing of the national anthem.

This protest mode has now filtered down to little league players. The trend is growing. Soon every event will be hijacked by protesters. I personally don't think it's appropriate. A time and place for everything is my motto.

My concern is, should the national anthem be held hostage for people to make a relatively easy form of protest or should event promoters delete playing the national anthem and substitute something else, like "we will overcome" or a similar expressive.

I predict this protest movement will escalate into bloodshed or civil unrest and adversely affect our young (now).

To protest is the American way, but the time and place are also considerations. Otherwise unintended consequences will result.

Thank you.
Your concern is unjustified and your prediction devoid of merit.

Americans protesting by not participating in a pledge is further confirmation that we are indeed a free and democratic society, where citizens are at liberty to refuse to participate in what are unofficial, voluntary events, absent fear of reprisal or punitive sanctions.

In fact, the notion of there being a ‘proper’ time and place to ‘protest’ illustrates a lack of understand as to what constitutes protest, where to do so only at a ‘proper time’ in a ‘proper place’ is not to protest at all.

Just a note, all you people that are predicting 'revolution' for this or that or the other thing, there seems to be a never ending list, just go hide. There will be no revolution, or new civil war, or foreign invasion, or bigboot revolt, or mass alien abduction, or anything else.

You watch too many movies.

In fact, the notion of there being a ‘proper’ time and place to ‘protest’ illustrates a lack of understand as to what constitutes protest, where to do so only at a ‘proper time’ in a ‘proper place’ is not to protest at all.

So do you feel a government employee has a right to protest by not issuing same-sex marriage licenses?

image.jpeg

I remember the military and the "Retreat" ceremony where military would often run for cover so they didn't have to stand and salute as the flag was lowered. I wonder if now any of those that ran to avoid the ceremony now berate those who don't stand?

I remember the military and the "Retreat" ceremony where military would often run for cover so they didn't have to stand and salute as the flag was lowered. I wonder if now any of those that ran to avoid the ceremony now berate those who don't stand?

You must have been on LSD.

THE RETREAT CEREMONY

Forum List

Back