NASA: We'll find alien life in 10 to 20 years

Hmmm. Na. We are definitely NOT afraid. Eliot, if you are hiding a ET in your closet, we aren't going to go all Spielberg and do something stupid. But I guess we are going to have to wait quietly by our massed arrays and take things as they come.

I heard this ten to twenty years ago. How can you predict such a thing? According to some, we already had contract, hence pyramids, Bermuda triangle and all that other stuff. Who is to say we haven't already...?

The big difference is the fact that we've found over a dozen "habitual planets" and we're about 5-10 years away from having the ability of knowing a lot more about them. We couldn't say the same 20 years ago.
Sorry, I am no genius, but I have heard this promise years ago. Despite that nice post of yours, we are always 10-20 years away from contact. I feel like Charlie Brown perennially getting a chance at that football, only to have it yanked away. No, call me cynical, but if the aliens, Jesus or anyone else wants to contact us, leave a number. I will get back to you.
We are not talking of contact, but of recognition of life on another solar system, even though it may be primative.

Y
Once again. Why worry about something that will never happen?

Never happen? The odds are in favor of it not only happening, but happening very soon (likely in the next 10-20 years).
You are delusional. You have the same faith that you accuse Christians of having. There is no evidence that life exists anywhere but Earth, but you believe it does. Such faith You have. Lol.

If I am delusional, then so are some of the greatest minds on the planet, because it isn't my prediction. It is theirs. So I am in good company, thank you very much.

Appeal to authority, logic fallacy.
And how many times have the so-called experts been wrong? I could write a very large book on the subject. Scientists are only human. Why do some people place so much faith in what they say? I won't even go into how much of science is politically motivated. That's the subject of another book.
Mister willfull ignorance, you could write a very large book on your purposeful idiocy. You dumb fuck, look at the medium on which you are demonstrating how fucking dumb your truly are. You think it was created by a bunch of holy roller preachers?

Y
Never happen? The odds are in favor of it not only happening, but happening very soon (likely in the next 10-20 years).
You are delusional. You have the same faith that you accuse Christians of having. There is no evidence that life exists anywhere but Earth, but you believe it does. Such faith You have. Lol.

If I am delusional, then so are some of the greatest minds on the planet, because it isn't my prediction. It is theirs. So I am in good company, thank you very much.

And how many times have the so-called experts been wrong? I could write a very large book on the subject. Scientists are only human. Why do some people place so much faith in what they say? I won't even go into how much of science is politically motivated. That's the subject of another book.
Mister willfull ignorance, you could write a very large book on your purposeful idiocy. You dumb fuck, look at the medium on which you are demonstrating how fucking dumb your truly are. You think it was created by a bunch of holy roller preachers?
What's the matter? Why you so mad, bro? Lololol!

Y

Not mad or angry, just fed up with idiots like you. You are worthy only of contempt.

Not mad or angry, just fed up with idiots like you. You are worthy only of contempt.
And why is that? Because I had the nerve to disagree with you? Tell me. Why am I an idiot? Give me an example.

I have read books by Charles Fort. Weird and not so comprehensible. I don't get all the falderal but I still read them. Modern hammers or frogs freshly dug out of million year old coal deposits. Blood rain, fish/frogs falling from the sky? Who can begin to comprehend the universe?

And why is that? Because I had the nerve to disagree with you? Tell me. Why am I an idiot? Give me an example.
Still waiting, Rocky.

Contact? We are talking about scientific evidence for the existence of life off our world. We aren't talking about contacting ET. That evidence will likely be in the form of microbes or fossils of microbes, or evidence of metabolic processes indicative of life on worlds such as Mars, Europa, Ganymede, or Enceladus. We have already shown that the conditions for life once existed on Mars (and may still exist at depth), that oceans of liquid water exist on Europa, Ganymede, and Enceledus. The technology we have for detecting life has improved by orders of magnitude in just the last five years. I am sorry you are no genius, but am glad that others who are have been looking closely at this and are disagreeing with your assessment.
In that case we agree. We find a microbe on Ganyemede. It's a slam dunk that someone somewhere WILL find life. No argument there, But so far, not even a microbe dare rear it's slimy head and say howdy. Nothing. Always 10 to 20 years away.

That is true, but then, we haven't been looking directly for them. What we have been doing is characterizing the environments on these worlds to determine if they are capable of supporting life. And while we have been doing that, we have been looking very closely at life here on our own planet to determine the types of environments here that are capable of supporting life. And what we have found in that search is that life is capable of surviving in many extreme environments that were previously thought impossible to support life. Nearly everywhere we've looked for life on Earth, we have found it. So we are now ready to look more directly at other worlds to see if life actually exists on them. And that is why our experts are saying that it won't be long now. We now have very precise technology for looking directly for life, and now know what to look for and, perhaps, where.
They won't find anything, because life was created by God. The Bible doesn't mention life on other worlds, so it probably doesn't exist. This is where you call me religious nut. Go right ahead. I can take it.

And this is the kind of thing we've been talking about here. You say you can take it, but I suspect when they do find life elsewhere, your beliefs are going to take a huge hit. Are you prepared for that?
It's never gonna happen. I'd bet anything on that, including my life.

Put your money where your mouth is.

I have read books by Charles Fort. Weird and not so comprehensible. I don't get all the falderal but I still read them. Modern hammers or frogs freshly dug out of million year old coal deposits. Blood rain, fish/frogs falling from the sky? Who can begin to comprehend the universe?

Well, I can certainly comprehend those. Modern hammers or frogs freshly dug out of million year old coal deposits = oopart (out of place artifacts which means the site is disturbed or) and/or outright fraud. By the way, there are no million year old coal deposits. Coal takes considerably longer than a million years to form.

Blood rain/fish/frogs falling from the sky? Really? You couldn't figure this one out? Looky:

A tornado that crosses a lake, pond, or river, will pick up water, fish, frogs, and anything else that happens to be in it and drop it somewhere else. Other violent storms will do the same. Any more questions?

Last edited:
In that case we agree. We find a microbe on Ganyemede. It's a slam dunk that someone somewhere WILL find life. No argument there, But so far, not even a microbe dare rear it's slimy head and say howdy. Nothing. Always 10 to 20 years away.

That is true, but then, we haven't been looking directly for them. What we have been doing is characterizing the environments on these worlds to determine if they are capable of supporting life. And while we have been doing that, we have been looking very closely at life here on our own planet to determine the types of environments here that are capable of supporting life. And what we have found in that search is that life is capable of surviving in many extreme environments that were previously thought impossible to support life. Nearly everywhere we've looked for life on Earth, we have found it. So we are now ready to look more directly at other worlds to see if life actually exists on them. And that is why our experts are saying that it won't be long now. We now have very precise technology for looking directly for life, and now know what to look for and, perhaps, where.
They won't find anything, because life was created by God. The Bible doesn't mention life on other worlds, so it probably doesn't exist. This is where you call me religious nut. Go right ahead. I can take it.

And this is the kind of thing we've been talking about here. You say you can take it, but I suspect when they do find life elsewhere, your beliefs are going to take a huge hit. Are you prepared for that?

I believe I just did.

I believe I just did.

Not seeing the money. Only an idle boast.

I believe I just did.

I said I would bet anything. And what would you like me to do? Give my money to a friend of yours to hold on to? Not bloody likely. Besides, if they ever find intelligent life on another planet, it probably Indictates the Bible isn't true. So I'm betting my afterlife in Heaven. What more do you want?

I believe I just did.

I said I would bet anything. And what would you like me to do? Give my money to a friend of yours to hold on to? Not bloody likely. Besides, if they ever find intelligent life on another planet, it probably Indictates the Bible isn't true. So I'm betting my afterlife in Heaven. What more do you want?
How many virgins you planning on having there, boy? In reality, all you are doing is flapping your silly yap and demonstrating how we have people just as dumb here as the people that are the religious extremists in the middle east.

I believe I just did.

How many virgins you planning on having there, boy? In reality, all you are doing is flapping your silly yap and demonstrating how we have people just as dumb here as the people that are the religious extremists in the middle east.
The Bible says nothing about virgins in the afterlife. Get your facts straight and I might take you seriously.

Forum List

Back