NASA Discovers Mantle Plume Melting Antarctica From Below

Whee. If there is a plume there, it has been there a long time. And the ice did not start the melt we are seeing until after the GHG levels were quite high. But keep on with your nonsense if that makes you feel better. You might just look at Iceland that has a plume under it, and the only time it melts the ice is when there is an active eruption.
Suddenly you are an expert on the history of a volcanic plume and everything that occurred the past century from it on a plume that was just discovered.

You are truly amazing.
He is an expert, but only in his small statist mind.

Whee. If there is a plume there, it has been there a long time. And the ice did not start the melt we are seeing until after the GHG levels were quite high. But keep on with your nonsense if that makes you feel better. You might just look at Iceland that has a plume under it, and the only time it melts the ice is when there is an active eruption.
Yes, AGW caused the plume....awesome

What is awesome here is the depths of ignorance displayed by the people on this board. It is not the interior ice that is melting and causing the speed up of the glaciers, it is the ends of the glaciers where they meet the ocean. Melting back past the grounding line. But it is useless to try to explain to room temperature IQ's what that means.

What is awesome here is the depths of ignorance displayed by the people on this board. It is not the interior ice that is melting and causing the speed up of the glaciers, it is the ends of the glaciers where they meet the ocean. Melting back past the grounding line. But it is useless to try to explain to room temperature IQ's what that means.

Sounds like pushmepullyou science. If the glaciers are lubricated at their base from heat melt...of course they are going to slide down hill faster.

Or ... maybe ... my childhood experience with sledding in winter on icy hills is irrelevant...

If the rock is presently hot. Is it? As stated before, Iceland sets on a plume much farther from the pole than Antarctica, and still it has an ice cap. Occasionaly one of the volcanoes will erupt, and, briefly, there is a hole in the ice. Then it is filled in when the volcano stops erupting.

Global Warming causes Undersea plumes. We know there was no plume there pre-Industrial Age because we have a data set accurate to a tenth of a degree going all the way back to 1880.

As a Glacier enters the sea it, at some point, gains a footing on the oceans floor due to weight.. Warm water/sea floor will erode this very quickly and allow all that weight to slide down as it melts.. But ignore basic physics... you do that very well.... IDIOT..

So your saying NASA is wrong. They are saying there are rivers and lakes under the ice, which I would suppose are running towards the ocean, possibly causing the ice to slide in that direction as it is probably the direction of least resistance. I dont think melting around the edges would cause warmer rivers and lakes in the interior of the ice.

.... And the ice did not start the melt we are seeing until after the GHG levels were quite high. But keep on with your nonsense if that makes you feel better. You might just look at Iceland that has a plume under it, and the only time it melts the ice is when there is an active eruption.
Old Crock is so smart, "the ice did not start the melt we are seeing until after"!!!!!!!!!!!!

How about a link old crock! ICE STARTS ICE TO MELT

Last edited:
Wow

Old Crock is wrong ....AGAIN!!!!!!

New map of Antarctic geothermal heat suggests Steig & Mann 2009 weren’t measuring ‘global warming’

Do you tire of getting your ass handed too you?

Thanks for that. Hahahaha, Special Mannian PCA math sauce.

Here, in a nutshell, is an example of most of the things that are wrong in the climate science world of ethics.

Thread summary:

The mantle plume and Antarctic vulcanism has been around for many millions of years, and thus it can't explain the current ice melt.

Deniers can't comprehend this, because they're all so hilariously goddamned stupid.

We try to educate them, but it's hopeless. They just get flustered and go into screaming tantrums.

Even funnier? The deniers have all decided to declare the ice _is_ melting, when before they all swore it wasn't melting. Not very bright of deniers to contradict themselves. But then, they're cultists, hence they're masters at reconciling contradictory beliefs.

So your saying NASA is wrong. They are saying there are rivers and lakes under the ice, which I would suppose are running towards the ocean, possibly causing the ice to slide in that direction as it is probably the direction of least resistance. I dont think melting around the edges would cause warmer rivers and lakes in the interior of the ice.
Plumes are long live phenomena, so why is the ice streams speeding up now, and why is the ice eroding from the sea terminus? The water in the ocean is warmer, and that would not come from a land based plume. Because the water in moving, not static.

Wow

New map of Antarctic geothermal heat suggests Steig & Mann 2009 weren’t measuring ‘global warming’

WUWT? LOL Just as well quote from the Weekly Globe. Those temperature measurements were surface, not at the ice-rock interface. Fucking stupid article.

Plumes are long live phenomena, so why is the ice streams speeding up now, and why is the ice eroding from the sea terminus? The water in the ocean is warmer, and that would not come from a land based plume. Because the water in moving, not static.

I dont claim to be an expert on this but let me ask you this then. Are mantle plumes functioning at a constant rate? or do they have periods where they are more dormant or more active? It seems to me that could also be a factor

Wow

WUWT? LOL Just as well quote from the Weekly Globe. Those temperature measurements were surface, not at the ice-rock interface. Fucking stupid article.
The paper is published... but you ignore that because of who reported it... Now that is Hack activity...

True Science doesn't give a damn who publishes it... Only that it is repeatable and measurable science unlike your CAGW bull shit...

You moron... You actually say your a geologist in training and yet you wont even acknowledge that mantle plumes are cyclical and sometimes unpredictable.... I am laughing at your ignorance...

I dont claim to be an expert on this but let me ask you this then. Are mantle plumes functioning at a constant rate? or do they have periods where they are more dormant or more active? It seems to me that could also be a factor
I live by one of the worlds biggest super volcanoes.. Yellowstone. They respirate or breath as changes to the plate tectonics happen below and around it. The Wilson cycle of tectonics and plate movements show why they do.. As these pressures change, the mantle plumes go hot for a while and when the pressures are relieved they cool. Yellowstone is currently going through a hot phase in its respiration. The Norris Basin soil temp at just 16" in depth today was 122 deg F. The ambient air temp today was just above 28 deg F.

Globally the tectonic stress is being measured at very high levels. The volcanoes in the Antarctic are just reacting to that pressure naturally.

cyclewilson.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back