NASA Discovers Mantle Plume Melting Antarctica From Below

If I find a Mantle Plume---in my little yard-----can I tap into
it order to fuel a fire pit? The Little Prince----used small
volcanoes

We skeptics have such a hoot in this forum, do we not?? Its all fun all the time while the religion members are slamming the keyboard in anger with every post!!

Is that the Aquamaids?? I saw them a few times when I was a kid.

Greg

1930eb589a08cb3e306b568c7a61628d--florida-vintage-old-florida.jpg

PS: Maybe not those same ones; there was a show on the Nerang River locally where they had a similar show.

Greg

When I bought this up 5+ years ago, the warmers here scoffed that it could have an effect.

Now that NASA has found a way to spin it as 'worse than we thought', you can expect them to jump on the bandwagon.

That was my explanation for the mysterious hole in the ice a few weeks ago.
Apparently I was right.
A mysterious hole nearly the size of South Carolina has opened in Antarctica's ice
Several of the Vulcanologists at YVO were laughing the other day about this.. When it was pointed out that all of the melting and instability of the ice sheet can now be shown to be natural variation and caused by NON MAN MADE FACTORS the room fell deathly silent...

Mother nature has a strange way of dealing with those who think they know more than people who use commonsense... Those physical observations (on which commonsense is derived) always out perform ivory tower educated incompetence.

Whee. If there is a plume there, it has been there a long time. And the ice did not start the melt we are seeing until after the GHG levels were quite high. But keep on with your nonsense if that makes you feel better. You might just look at Iceland that has a plume under it, and the only time it melts the ice is when there is an active eruption.

Whee. If there is a plume there, it has been there a long time. And the ice did not start the melt we are seeing until after the GHG levels were quite high. But keep on with your nonsense if that makes you feel better. You might just look at Iceland that has a plume under it, and the only time it melts the ice is when there is an active eruption.
There it is. We can always count on old cock to spout the statist line.

Well, Old Crock shows his ignorance again..

You do know that volcanoes are CYCLICAL events, right? You do know that Magma flows are CYCLICAL PRESSURE EVENTS, Right? That means there is heating a cooling of the surface above them along with occasional eruptions when the flow becomes massive or there is a tectonic event that triggers it, right?

YVO ground temps in Norris Basin change by 30-40 deg F above freezing, in WINTER when ambient air temps are -20deg F just 1 mile away.. At just 16" below surface, just last year, the ground temp was 116 deg F. Now do this to water and warm it above the sea floor. What happens to that warmed water? IT RISES RETARD, and if it lasts long enough it will melt holes in the ice and destabilizes whole regions.

Guess what was found in that ice hole, water that was warmer than the regions circum polar flows that was 17 degrees F warmer..... HOW DID MAN AND CO2 accomplish this?

Last edited:
Suddenly you are an expert on the history of a volcanic plume and everything that occurred the past century from it on a plume that was just discovered.

You are truly amazing.

Forum List

Back