NASA and ESA on the cause of the heat wave

So, you make a claim that cannot be evidenced much less proven. What more should we have expected?

The heat wave was made worse by the water vapor from the Tonga eruption. It is not the sole cause of the thing. The ocean does not heat up that much in that short of a span of time. Your claim is unsupportable absurdity.

Do you need an assistant?
Not really. It's easy to deal with jackanapes who have no knowledge of earth's climate record.

I'll show you.... What does this empirical climate evidence tell you about earth's climate history?

F2.large.jpg

Not really. It's easy to deal with jackanapes who have no knowledge of earth's climate record.

I'll show you.... What does this empirical climate evidence tell you about earth's climate history?

View attachment 845640
You keep throwing this graph up as if it had any bearing. The warming the Earth has experienced since the beginning of the Industrial Revolution is due to the greenhouse effect acting on human GHG emissions. It is not a natural climate variation. It is synthetic. That has been demonstrated over and over and over again by thousands of published, peer-reviewed studies. You have NEVER demonstrated ANY natural cause for the observed warming. THAT is why I call you a "stupid piece of shite". Though, I have to say I am pleased to see "jackanapes" put to use this decade.

You keep throwing this graph up as if it had any bearing. The warming the Earth has experienced since the beginning of the Industrial Revolution is due to the greenhouse effect acting on human GHG emissions. It is not a natural climate variation. It is synthetic. That has been demonstrated over and over and over again by thousands of published, peer-reviewed studies. You have NEVER demonstrated ANY natural cause for the observed warming. THAT is why I call you a "stupid piece of shite". Though, I have to say I am pleased to see "jackanapes" put to use this decade.
Yes, the temperature record of the earth has no bearing on a climate discussion. :rolleyes:

Yes, the temperature record of the earth has no bearing on a climate discussion. :rolleyes:
On your graph, show me the temperature trend since 1850 on at least a decadal scale and then explain to us its relevance to this discussion.

On your graph, show me the temperature trend since 1850 on at least a decadal scale and then explain to us its relevance to this discussion.
The graph shows the descent into the ice age which occurred over millions of years with significantly higher CO2 than today. And it shows that once the planet transitioned to an ice house planet how it oscillates between long periods of frigid temperatures interrupted by brief periods of warmer temperatures. Among other things.

So, you make a claim that cannot be evidenced much less proven. What more should we have expected?

The heat wave was made worse by the water vapor from the Tonga eruption. It is not the sole cause of the thing. The ocean does not heat up that much in that short of a span of time. Your claim is unsupportable absurdity.
What claim was that, the one FFI can't back up?

There is no evidence the Tonga incident made the heat waves worse, only supporting data that it could contribute to it.

And it's not the oceans heating up.....it was water vapor injected into the upper atmosphere that could trap more radiant heat than dissipate it into space.

What claim was that, the one FFI can't back up?

There is no evidence the Tonga incident made the heat waves worse, only supporting data that it could contribute to it.

And it's not the oceans heating up.....it was water vapor injected into the upper atmosphere that could trap more radiant heat than dissipate it into space.
Part of the heat wave was the discovery that ocean temperatures, particularly in certain regions, had risen VERY significantly.

OK......lets see your source.
Ok

Have you been sitting under a rock?

Have you been sitting under a rock?

Ninety percent of global warming is occurring in the ocean,
causing the water’s internal heat to increase since modern record keeping began in 1955, as shown in the upper chart.

Isn't the ocean a huge source of water vapor....which is also the largest contributor of green house gases?

Thanks for proving my point.

Yes, that's why you are here, shouting at clouds on the internet and pretending to know what you are talking about.

And scientists are publishing science.

Yes, it's a very clear and easy distinction. You have, in fact, been dealt with. This is your lot in life.

Ninety percent of global warming is occurring in the ocean, causing the water’s internal heat to increase since modern record keeping began in 1955, as shown in the upper chart.

Isn't the ocean a huge source of water vapor....which is also the largest contributor of green house gases?

Thanks for proving my point.
You didn't make any point there.

But according to NASA will have "no noticable effect' to climate change. (paraphrasing).
This is what I got from the article:

The sheer amount of water vapor could be enough to temporarily affect Earth’s global average temperature.

It does not say how much or for how long.

But there is this from the NASA article:

Volcanic eruptions rarely inject much water into the stratosphere. In the 18 years that NASA has been taking measurements, only two other eruptions – the 2008 Kasatochi event in Alaska and the 2015 Calbuco eruption in Chile – sent appreciable amounts of water vapor to such high altitudes. But those were mere blips compared to the Tonga event, and the water vapor from both previous eruptions dissipated quickly. The excess water vapor injected by the Tonga volcano, on the other hand, could remain in the stratosphere for several years.

Now, what that extra in the air for "several years" means....they didn't say.

And finally, there was this.....

This extra water vapor could influence atmospheric chemistry, boosting certain chemical reactions that could temporarily worsen depletion of the ozone layer. It could also influence surface temperatures. Massive volcanic eruptions like Krakatoa and Mount Pinatubo typically cool Earth’s surface by ejecting gases, dust, and ash that reflect sunlight back into space. In contrast, the Tonga volcano didn’t inject large amounts of aerosols into the stratosphere, and the huge amounts of water vapor from the eruption may have a small, temporary warming effect, since water vapor traps heat. The effect would dissipate when the extra water vapor cycles out of the stratosphere and would not be enough to noticeably exacerbate climate change effects.

What it references is climate change effects. Just what those are, they don't say. And they don't identify it as natural of man-made climate change.

Maybe that is where the confusion is.

Forum List

Back