Nancy Pelosi's husband pleads guilty to DUI, won't serve more jail time

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Too bad the irresponsible old fart doesn't serve more time.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's husband, Paul Pelosi, pleaded guilty Tuesday to DUI causing injury in connection to a May car crash, prosecutors said.

Based on Paul Pelosi's guilty plea, the second charge -- driving with a .08% blood alcohol level or higher causing injury -- was dismissed, the Napa County District Attorney's Office said.

Most people wouldn't have spent more time in jail.

Why should he?

A friend of mine went before the judge for DUI, his honor gave him the choice between 30 days in jail, or 30 AA meetings.

Mr. Pelosi should have been treated the same, although he would probably choose the 30 days in jail.

A friend of mine went before the judge for DUI, his honor gave him the choice between 30 days in jail, or 30 AA meetings.

Mr. Pelosi should have been treated the same, although he would probably choose the 30 days in jail.

A friend of mine went before a judge for a DUI and he got fined.

No jail time.

Why shouldn't Pelosi be treated the same as my friend?

Most people wouldn't have spent more time in jail.

Why should he?

He plead guilty Tuesday to DUI causing injury. This is the first I have heard about a charge of "dui causing injury". If that's the case, then I would think more jail time would be in order.

When you part of the Democrat Ruling Class you don't ever have to worry about going to jail. The laws don't apply to you.

The article says that his BAC was .082%, which is just barely over the legal limit - by like half a drink maybe.

In no way am I defending the behavior - he was prosecuted and convicted of a crime, as he should have been. But the low BAC probably explains the relatively light sentence in light of circumstances - it's likely a mitigating factor in the eyes of this judge.

Merely speculating but perhaps his advanced age played a role - it could be that he drank what he considered the usual amount of booze that he's consumed in the past but this time his aged liver couldn't keep up and it wasn't able to break it down into acetaldehyde & acetate like it used to. He could have had alcohol on an empty stomach, which would have sent the alcohol directly into the small intestine and right into the bloodstream. Then again, maybe none of that's true, but it's clear he didn't go out and get blitzkrieged.

It's not as though he's going to get off on easy street either. He'll be sued, and the fact that he caused an injury as a result of his gross criminal negligence means that he'll have to pay. I don't know what kinds of insurance he has but I know that insurance companies can deny claims for DUI injury, depending on the level of negligence exercised and other circumstances.

They were showing some video on FOX and there are many questions. Supposedly there was a meeting yesterday between three people judge, D.A. and Paul Pelosi I believe involved to give him his light sentence. To all of you who type privilege. This is it. This is reality.

They were showing some video on FOX and there are many questions. Supposedly there was a meeting yesterday between three people judge, D.A. and Paul Pelosi I believe involved to give him his light sentence. To all of you who type privilege. This is it. This is reality.
Reality seems to be you want him punished more harshly than the person is for that offense.

Reality seems to be you want him punished more harshly than the person is for that offense.
Supposedly the other person is still receiving treatment and he may be an illegal. The footage showing the damage of the vehicles is not minor. Pelosi suffered some bruises at least. When they showed his mug shot and he looked well cleaned up that was when I started questioning the event. He appeared to be ready to party with the Rat Pack. A minor misdemeanor charge for him A possible felony for the peasant like us.

Forum List

Back