Name 5 things that you're glad that Trump has done so far

1. Beating Clinton
2. Beating Clinton
3. Beating Clinton
4. Beating Clinton
5. Driving progressive imbeciles insane³
So no policy moves. Got it.
Anything I say will bring forth more lies from you, so pound sand loser.

You haven't said anything. Your Clinton Derangement Syndrome is noted. It's rendered you a babbling idiot who cannot even think beyond winning the Presidency. That's the problem with fools like you. You're so busy jerking yourself off to the refrain "Clinton lost, Clinton lost", that you fail to note that the rest of the world is laughing at you, as your democracy burns down around you.

Forced other nations to contribute more (NATO/Fairer Trade)

Trump has not forced NATO countries to spend more on defense. They started increasing their spending on defense in 2012. So Obama gets the credit.

https://www.nato.int/nato_static_fl2014/assets/pdf/pdf_2019_06/20190625_PR2019-069-EN.pdf

Canada has recently announced they are going to stay below 2 percent defense spending through 2025. Well done, Trump!

Canada declines to raise defense spending above 2 percent NATO benchmark

Forecasts by the Canadian government show the expectation of defense spending to remain at about 1.4 percent of GDP through 2025.

He went after the international postal system to stop China from being able ship products here cheaper than we can ship across the country. Shame it doesn’t take effect till deep into next year...

5 year lobbying ban.
President Trump Fills the Swamp – With Lobbyists - CREW

The Trump administration has already demonstrated its willingness to waive its own five-year lobbying ban for former officials. In April 2017, senior White House budget adviser Marcus Peacock left his position to join the Business Roundtable, a high-profile pro-business lobbying group chaired by JPMorgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon. Lobbying the Office of Management and Budget for the group would have violated the five-year ban, but the Trump administration helpfully waived the ban.[xii] While Mr. Peacock will recuse himself from lobbying his former administration colleagues at OMB for six months, this short wait is far less than the original five-year ban President Trump has so vocally touted.[xiii]

President Trump’s claimed efforts to drain the swamp of lobbyists also are undercut by his own former campaign aides setting up shop as lobbyists who market themselves as having special access to the president. Former Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski was one of the first to signal this trend.

And if you say something like "the economy", or "the stock market" say what Trump did to make it better.
1) I am glad he has placed two conservatives on the Supreme Court, though I am sure there was a better choice than Kavanaugh.

2) I am glad he is in favor of improving our infrastructure, though this cannot be claimed as an achievement since he has not yet actually done anything about it on the scale which it needs to be.

3) Signed the Right-To-Try legislation into law.

4) Has made an effort to make health care cheaper for seniors.

I can't think of a 5th at the moment.
1) ok
2) hasn't done anything yet
3) he supported it, didn't come up with it.
4) cutting medicare and medicaid, so no.

You get 1 point.
You lie. Trump has not cut Medicare or Medicaid. He has increased spending on both for the next 10 years, just not as much as Democrats wanted.

The reality is, spending rises every year in Trump's budget, except for the last one in 2029 (which is mainly a fluke of timing related to when Medicare pays its bills).

To complicate things more, that $846 billion isn't what it appears to be. Two hefty pieces of Medicare — extra payments to hospitals that serve a lot of uninsured patients and funds for teaching hospitals — were moved out of Medicare and into the regular general fund budget. There were cuts, but not nearly as much as the Medicare line items would suggest.
Updated - Trump-O-Meter: Make no cuts to Medicare
Russian Bot - ignore

Trump has not forced NATO countries to spend more on defense. They started increasing their spending on defense in 2012. So Obama gets the credit.

https://www.nato.int/nato_static_fl2014/assets/pdf/pdf_2019_06/20190625_PR2019-069-EN.pdf

Canada has recently announced they are going to stay below 2 percent defense spending through 2025. Well done, Trump!

Forecasts by the Canadian government show the expectation of defense spending to remain at about 1.4 percent of GDP through 2025.
NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg said that he agrees with President Trump on spending issues and thinks Trump’s leadership was responsible for making other NATO countries pay more

NATO Secretary General Praises Trump For Leadership — Says He AGREES With Trump On Spending

NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg said that he agrees with President Trump on spending issues and thinks Trump’s leadership was responsible for making other NATO countries pay more

NATO Secretary General Praises Trump For Leadership — Says He AGREES With Trump On Spending
You'll notice in that article that Trump pushed the Secretary General to give him credit. He demanded credit.

But as you can see in the NATO article I provided you, spending increased long before Trump came along. All hail Obama!

NATO Defense Funds Have Been Building for Years, but Trump Wants the Credit

Renewed defense spending by European states is in part a response to Russian aggression.

While U.S. President Donald Trump made headlines in London by scolding Canada for its “slightly delinquent” contributions to NATO on Tuesday, data shows that several countries have been ramping up their defense budgets since 2015, reversing 25 years of declines.

As seen in the chart below, the past five years mark the first time European NATO members have increased their defense expenditures as a percentage of GDP since the end of the Cold War.

Trump signs bipartisan IRS reform bill

Trump just signed a bipartisan bill to confront the opioid epidemic

Trump signs sweeping criminal justice bill
800.jpeg

WASHINGTON (AP) — With a government shutdown just hours away, President Donald Trump on Friday signed rare bipartisan legislation addressing concerns with the criminal justice system.

Trump signs bipartisan federal animal cruelty bill into law

Bipartisan bill aimed at fighting sickle cell disease signed into law by Trump
"We’re really excited about the possibilities it will present for families and organizations across the country," one prominent advocate said.
Bipartisan bill aimed at fighting sickle cell disease signed into law

And if you say something like "the economy", or "the stock market" say what Trump did to make it better.
And you're all going to say he beat Hilary, but I'm looking for policy, and winning an election isn't policy.
  1. Stocked SCOTUS with Constitutionalists.
  2. Rolled back much of Obama's policies and regulations and slowed the advance of globalism.
  3. Forced other nations to contribute more (NATO/Fairer Trade)
  4. Fought for border protection.
  5. Weakened Dodd-Frank
  6. Promoted America industry.
  7. 5 year lobbying ban.
  8. Cut F-35 costs.
  9. The Women In Entrepreneurship Act.
  10. All but crushed ISIS
  11. Pulled out of Syria
  12. Stabilized Korea.
  13. Reset Iran Nuclear Deal.
  14. Fighting Sanctuary cities.
  15. Fighting MS-13.
  16. Renegotiating NAFTA.
  17. Pulled out of TPP.
  18. Killed the Paris Accord.
  19. Made Jerusalem the capital of Israel.
  20. Ended Obamacare subsides.
  21. Donates salary to charity.
  22. Got Keystone Pipeline through.
  23. Sending education back to the states.
  24. Protecting religious freedom.
Pick any 5 you want.
Ok, some of those are legit, some aren't like 3,4,6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14,15,16, 24, where he either hasn't actually accomplished anything or it wasn't his idea. But thanks, I was wondering what people liked about what he did. I see problems with everything he did do, but if you're happy with those things, then cool, that's what I was looking for.

And you're all going to say he beat Hilary, but I'm looking for policy, and winning an election isn't policy.
  • He kept Hillary out of the White House
  • He started building the wall
  • He got us out of the Paris accords
  • He pardoned 3 warriors in prison for killing the enemy
  • He destroyed ISIS and killed its leader
  • He stood up to China
  • He began talks with North Korea

Supreme Court appointments

Federal Judicial Appointments.

Asylum Policies from Mexico, South America and other parts of the world.

Uses the Economy as leverage vis a vis Mexico and them doing nothing to stem the tide of migrants. That was plain smart.

China. People will disagree on that, but it's time somebody stood up to them for their outright theft of IP and predatory economic practices. If the world had half his balls on this issues those bastards could be brought into the world community and not continue to run roughshod over their own people while they fuck everyone else to build a new dynasty.

NATO- Called them out on not holding to their agreements. I have no idea why it took this long.

Iran - Pulled out of that shit deal.

Climate Accord- Pulled out of that lousy agreement, which left China and India and other major pollutors free to do what they wanted, giving them further economic leverage.

Tax Cuts

There's a lot to not like about Trump in how he conducts himself. I think he golfs too much, which are bad optics and a waste of money. He ran his yapper about that so he needs to walk the walk. He is a fucking blowhard that needs to control his compulsions and think before he speaks; and he plays very fast and easy with the facts when it suits him.

I like some of what he's done in simply cutting to the chase and dispensing with the political BS to get down to brass tacks and talk about what makes sense instead of what makes people feel good, or taking the 'something is better than nothing' approach in international negotiations.

I did not vote for him in 2016, but I will in 2020, in large part because of what the Dems have done, which is reprehensible in their effort to overturn the results of an election. I do not think they should be rewarded for that insanity by giving them the White House.

However, I agree with him on many things in terms of what he has done and think that what he has done has been decent in terms of policy. Not great, but decent, and I would much rather have 4 more years of this than anything I've seen from the Dems to date, not to mention the fact that Ginsberg is on her way out, whether she likes it or not, and there may be other appointments that I would rather not be filled by the likes of another Sotomayor or similar activist judge.

He puts America first in international negotiations and immigration policy, tells people when to shove it, and uses the leverage he has. That is more important to me than meaningless accords, flowery language and a load of milksop bullshit about how we need to bend over and take it up the ass for the good of other countries that couldn't give 2 shits about the US.

800.jpeg

WASHINGTON (AP) — With a government shutdown just hours away, President Donald Trump on Friday signed rare bipartisan legislation addressing concerns with the criminal justice system.

Bipartisan bill aimed at fighting sickle cell disease signed into law by Trump
"We’re really excited about the possibilities it will present for families and organizations across the country," one prominent advocate said.
Bipartisan bill aimed at fighting sickle cell disease signed into law
Nope, I'm looking for things that Trump came up with, not signing in other people's work.

• He stood up to China
No,no,yes,yes,no,no and no. 2 points.

• He stood up to China
No,no,yes,yes,no,no and no. 2 points.
Are you lying to yourself?

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes.

Forum List

Back