NAACP endorses gay marriage

They will use gay marriage to take away my rights, right to freedom of religion, freedom of speech, freedom of assembly.
You're right. The envelope has been pushed too far in the world. I'm sorry because it means there is much civil trouble ahead. We must not flush the freedoms earned by patriot's blood for many generations so harsh evil against the good prevails in the land. Our founders warned us to be careful of people passing laws against churches. They warned us with the First Amendment.

Hogwash, my little sillies. You can believe and worship all you want, no one will interfere with your beliefs. No one will make you have an abortion. No one will make you marry a gay. No one will force your pastors to celebrate homosexual marriages.

However, you will not force your ways, as an embittered and out of step small minority, on the majority that disagrees with you.

I'll agree with you that support of same sex marriage is a view held by the majority as soon as it wins by the vote someplace.

you cannot have equality based on special privileges for some but not for others

You do realize that the above statement just supported marriage equality for gays and lesbians, don't you?

No, it didnt. Actually it was the opposite. Gays and lesbians have exactly the same marriage rights as anyone else. What they want are special rights.

Even viewing it with your extremely flawed (and historically wrong) logic, it still wouldn't be a "special right" since you would be able to marry someone of the same sex too ifn' ya wanted to...

You do realize that the above statement just supported marriage equality for gays and lesbians, don't you?

No, it didnt. Actually it was the opposite. Gays and lesbians have exactly the same marriage rights as anyone else. What they want are special rights.

Even viewing it with your extremely flawed (and historically wrong) logic, it still wouldn't be a "special right" since you would be able to marry someone of the same sex too ifn' ya wanted to...

With arguments like Rabbi's, how can anyone wonder why the NAACP supports gay marriage? The exact same arguments were made when evil liberals wanted to push the crazy idea of legalizing inter-racial marriage. I mean, nobody's rights were violated, everyone had the same equal right to marry a person of the same race as everyone else.

I mean the NAALCP endorses Obama....Humm if Obama had not said what he said, do you think NAACP would have came out for gay marriage?

The nation's largest civil rights group, the NAACP, endorsed gay marriage on Saturday, giving a boost to the movement to legalize same-sex nuptials despite reservations expressed by some black ministers.

The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People passed the resolution at its board meeting in Miami "as a continuation of its historic commitment to equal protection under the law," the organization said.

"Civil marriage is a civil right and a matter of civil law. The NAACP's support for marriage equality is deeply rooted in the Fourteenth Amendment of the United States Constitution and equal protection of all people," Benjamin Todd Jealous, President and CEO of the NAACP, said in a statement.

Civil rights group NAACP endorses gay marriage | Reuters

Now, this is interesting.

Why do white Conservatives care what the NAACP does?

They care because one of the last strands of the fraying rope they've been hanging onto is that blacks don't support gay marriage.

Well, they're right. Blacks don't support gay marriage. That's why the NAACP does, because they are opposed to blacks. They're racist, you know. Just look at the way they are always trampling all over the white man, trying to establish a black Utopia under King Obama, because they hate blacks and love gays. Wait....I'll have to excuse myself. I'll admit that I'm getting a little confused. You'll have to ask the wingnuts to translate, this is their language.

You're right. The envelope has been pushed too far in the world. I'm sorry because it means there is much civil trouble ahead. We must not flush the freedoms earned by patriot's blood for many generations so harsh evil against the good prevails in the land. Our founders warned us to be careful of people passing laws against churches. They warned us with the First Amendment.

Hogwash, my little sillies. You can believe and worship all you want, no one will interfere with your beliefs. No one will make you have an abortion. No one will make you marry a gay. No one will force your pastors to celebrate homosexual marriages.

However, you will not force your ways, as an embittered and out of step small minority, on the majority that disagrees with you.

I'll agree with you that support of same sex marriage is a view held by the majority as soon as it wins by the vote someplace.

Your agreement is not necessary for what is happening across the country. Legislatures and courts have passed the laws. This is republican government, government by represenation.

You want democratic mobocracy to prevent it, but as the older folks die out, the votes will come quickly then more quickly then the amendment.

Your opinion is not important to historical urgency.

I mean the NAALCP endorses Obama....Humm if Obama had not said what he said, do you think NAACP would have came out for gay marriage?

The nation's largest civil rights group, the NAACP, endorsed gay marriage on Saturday, giving a boost to the movement to legalize same-sex nuptials despite reservations expressed by some black ministers.

The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People passed the resolution at its board meeting in Miami "as a continuation of its historic commitment to equal protection under the law," the organization said.

"Civil marriage is a civil right and a matter of civil law. The NAACP's support for marriage equality is deeply rooted in the Fourteenth Amendment of the United States Constitution and equal protection of all people," Benjamin Todd Jealous, President and CEO of the NAACP, said in a statement.

The NAACP, like NOW, SEIU, and La Raza, is owned by the Liberal establishment. Is this really news??

Actually, they didn't endorse marriage, they endorsed civil unions. On top of that, the only reason they did it was because they were trying to cover Obama with the black community. My guess is the community is going to support Obama and reject the NAACP.

Watch the Keystone Komedy Kids from the far right fall all over themselves.

:lol:

Forum List

Back