NAACP endorses gay marriage

When does the NAACP speak out on all the violence in the black neighborhoods and cities like Detroit? Why doesn't Obama promote and talk about the benefits of a family like he has? What all these liberal black leaders actually doing in helping to promote a solid family structure? all the violence, all the kids killing kids, fatherless children, all the abortions, and this is what the NAACP chooses to comment on?...Pathetic:eusa_eh:

I mean the NAALCP endorses Obama....Humm if Obama had not said what he said, do you think NAACP would have came out for gay marriage?

The nation's largest civil rights group, the NAACP, endorsed gay marriage on Saturday, giving a boost to the movement to legalize same-sex nuptials despite reservations expressed by some black ministers.

The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People passed the resolution at its board meeting in Miami "as a continuation of its historic commitment to equal protection under the law," the organization said.

"Civil marriage is a civil right and a matter of civil law. The NAACP's support for marriage equality is deeply rooted in the Fourteenth Amendment of the United States Constitution and equal protection of all people," Benjamin Todd Jealous, President and CEO of the NAACP, said in a statement.
Civil rights group NAACP endorses gay marriage | Reuters
I'm sorry the NAACP is so divisive lately. They're calling all Tea Party attenders racists, too. Sad state of affairs to divide a nation in such a deceitful, lying way.

how is it divisive to support equal rights.

i'd say the divisive ones are those who want to keep people from equal rights.

you have it backwards.

Salt Jones said:
And it is legal for fetuses to be aborted in this country.

They will use gay marriage to take away my rights, right to freedom of religion, freedom of speech, freedom of assembly. .[/FONT]

That's not true, but you can make a case rather than spout then pout. Show us where your civil and religious liberties have been ended.

Salt Jones said:

So? Slavery was legal in this country too. Just because politicians make policies and judicial oligarchs can make a ruling now matter how flawed it is, it doesn't mean they are right, especially when groups of people are denied their civil rights. Pre-born children ought not be denied their civil rights any less than African slaves were. Might does not make right.

Salt Jones said:
How will gay marriage hurt you?

They will use gay marriage to take away my rights, right to freedom of religion, freedom of speech, freedom of assembly. They will use “hate-crime” laws to deny me my freedoms. They will sue me or my church if we don’t comply with their requests to wed. They will sue and imprison me if I don’t comply with their requests (e.g., if I was a photographer and they insisted I photograph their wedding). So I am to become a slave to the dictates of others who wish to infringe on my conscience? Heaven forbid.

Some existing examples. There is a case in Sweden where a pastor was imprisoned for “hate speech” for warning about the sins of the immorality Sweden was “tolerating” (he was later acquitted on appeal). Brazil considered a law that would have imprisoned pastors for two to five years for preaching homosexuality is a sin.

In Canada, a pastor faced British Columbia’s so-called “Human Rights Tribunal” for placing a “hateful” ad in a newspaper. A Kamloops, BC City Councillor was fined $1000 for saying homosexuality was "not normal and not natural.'' An Alberta pastor was fined $7,000 and ordered to publicly apologize by the so-called “Alberta Human Rights Commission” to speaking out against homosexuality.

Don’t think it couldn’t happen here? Catholic Charities are being told they have to permit homosexuals to adopt. With a choice to either stand by their convictions or deny their convictions and succumb to political tyranny, they chose to stand by and opt out, so the radical homosexual activists and tyrannical government entities ended up hurting needy children by their misguided agenda. Religious rights for doctors are under attack as seen where a lesbian couple sued doctors who by their convictions refused to artificial inseminate this couple.

Tyranny and religious persecution against the church is a great threat to society and our freedoms. What was only thought of as happening in strictly totalitarian and anti-Christian countries such as China and North Korea and numerous Muslim countries is rapidly approaching the United States.

^^^^^^^^^^

one of the most ignorant posts i've read.

congrats.

The boob fails to state that Catholic Charities wanted state monies without any state mandate of operating behavior.

Alan Stallion, if I am paying you to do something, you fucking will do it my way or hit the highway.

You can't read? It is not his problem. It is not my problem. It is not your problem.

Oh yes it is.

Okay, now your record is just stuck.

You couldn't pick any of these women out of a proverbial line-up. You've never spoken to them. You are no relation to them. It is NONE of your business, and certainly not your problem.

It most certainly is, you short-sighted dope.

Salt Jones said:

So? Slavery was legal in this country too. Just because politicians make policies and judicial oligarchs can make a ruling now matter how flawed it is, it doesn't mean they are right, especially when groups of people are denied their civil rights. Pre-born children ought not be denied their civil rights any less than African slaves were. Might does not make right.

Salt Jones said:

They will use gay marriage to take away my rights, right to freedom of religion, freedom of speech, freedom of assembly. They will use “hate-crime” laws to deny me my freedoms. They will sue me or my church if we don’t comply with their requests to wed. They will sue and imprison me if I don’t comply with their requests (e.g., if I was a photographer and they insisted I photograph their wedding). So I am to become a slave to the dictates of others who wish to infringe on my conscience? Heaven forbid.

Some existing examples. There is a case in Sweden where a pastor was imprisoned for “hate speech” for warning about the sins of the immorality Sweden was “tolerating” (he was later acquitted on appeal). Brazil considered a law that would have imprisoned pastors for two to five years for preaching homosexuality is a sin.

In Canada, a pastor faced British Columbia’s so-called “Human Rights Tribunal” for placing a “hateful” ad in a newspaper. A Kamloops, BC City Councillor was fined $1000 for saying homosexuality was "not normal and not natural.'' An Alberta pastor was fined $7,000 and ordered to publicly apologize by the so-called “Alberta Human Rights Commission” to speaking out against homosexuality.

Don’t think it couldn’t happen here? Catholic Charities are being told they have to permit homosexuals to adopt. With a choice to either stand by their convictions or deny their convictions and succumb to political tyranny, they chose to stand by and opt out, so the radical homosexual activists and tyrannical government entities ended up hurting needy children by their misguided agenda. Religious rights for doctors are under attack as seen where a lesbian couple sued doctors who by their convictions refused to artificial inseminate this couple.

Tyranny and religious persecution against the church is a great threat to society and our freedoms. What was only thought of as happening in strictly totalitarian and anti-Christian countries such as China and North Korea and numerous Muslim countries is rapidly approaching the United States.
You're right. The envelope has been pushed too far in the world. I'm sorry because it means there is much civil trouble ahead. We must not flush the freedoms earned by patriot's blood for many generations so harsh evil against the good prevails in the land. Our founders warned us to be careful of people passing laws against churches. They warned us with the First Amendment.

Not this decade.

I hate people who do things for purely political reasons

You mean like being for gay rights, abortion and gun control when they are running for Governor of Masschusetts and then being against these things when running for President?

romney-etch-a-sketch.jpg

Salt Jones said:

Salt Jones said:

^^^^^^^^^^

one of the most ignorant posts i've read.

congrats.

This from a women that believes men should be fully emasculated, castrated or gay..

I mean the NAALCP endorses Obama....Humm if Obama had not said what he said, do you think NAACP would have came out for gay marriage?

Civil rights group NAACP endorses gay marriage | Reuters
I'm sorry the NAACP is so divisive lately. They're calling all Tea Party attenders racists, too. Sad state of affairs to divide a nation in such a deceitful, lying way.

how is it divisive to support equal rights.

i'd say the divisive ones are those who want to keep people from equal rights.

you have it backwards.
No, I don't have it backwards. The NAACP is no longer in the realm of civil rights. It's inching its way to Communism and forced edicts from a strong central government that is being forced into singling out people based on race and immorality for special privileges. The only way they can do that is to remove the First Amendment, start a war with words and force a harsher and harsher outcome with each idiotic demand they are now making against this Republic. Some day, they will have to face the equality issue: you cannot have equality based on special privileges for some but not for others.

By drawing up privileged laws for skin color issues, that's going against equality and will have negative repercussions in the land. In fact, it will go against those who perpetrate crimes against white people which will bite the NAACP squarely in the posterior using laws that separate races into divisions.

That's why I am calling the NAACP on divisiveness. I am a lifelong supporter of equal rights for blacks. I am just as supportive of equal rights for whites. I'm the worst nightmare extremists have in the world. If you're having a little trouble with an egalitarian spirit who speaks from the middle, it could be you are supporting something that is a tad on the fringes.

I do not fall for lugubrious racist-promoting measures no matter what people call themselves, whether it's KKK or Muslim Brotherhood or NAACP. It's so easy to whack someone who seems to be sitting on the fence from both sides. I'm the mama who is trying to keep peace between kiddies acting out against each other, and as mediator of idiotic measures, I'm not taking flak from either end.

Practiced freedom requires taking a look at where you stand. Without people calling others on their egregious assault on the Constitution, it would work against all people of color, red, yellow, black, white, or tan. The left needs to shape up its anti-constitutional assault of perpetrating unequal laws. A better course of action would be to keep its own nose clean before picking somebody else's.

Last edited:
Salt Jones said:
They will use gay marriage to take away my rights, right to freedom of religion, freedom of speech, freedom of assembly.
You're right. The envelope has been pushed too far in the world. I'm sorry because it means there is much civil trouble ahead. We must not flush the freedoms earned by patriot's blood for many generations so harsh evil against the good prevails in the land. Our founders warned us to be careful of people passing laws against churches. They warned us with the First Amendment.

Hogwash, my little sillies. You can believe and worship all you want, no one will interfere with your beliefs. No one will make you have an abortion. No one will make you marry a gay. No one will force your pastors to celebrate homosexual marriages.

However, you will not force your ways, as an embittered and out of step small minority, on the majority that disagrees with you.

I'll be waiting to see when the NAACP will be going to black churches pushing gay marriage....Because it is a civil rights issue after all.:doubt:

Salt Jones said:

Salt Jones said:

Do all those countries you mentioned do the same thing with racist hate speech?

We don't. Why do you think it would be different for "they gheys"?

Catholic Charities was told that in order to continue to take MY tax money, they couldn't discriminate. Simple solution for them is stop taking tax dollars if they do want to discriminate.

As for the doctors, do you really want doctors to refuse to treat people because of their religious beliefs? That seems like a true slippery slope. What is sounds more like is that the doctor needs to find a new specialty. :lol:

No it isn't, Chicken Little.

The NAACP had to support obama. His statement was costing him some serious black votes. obama no doubt made some serious promises to the NAACP in exchange for this endorsement.

Forum List

Back