N.O.W.: Tebow ad celebrates violence against women

You and others are free to voice whatever, and I am free to tell ya ´bout it when i don´t like those opinions!

As for the -choice issue- if you are referring to abortion, my personal belief is that abortion is to greater and lesser and at times very great degrees an act of desperation on the part of a woman. I think that if women had more options related to keeping and raising their children there would be more who would opt for that.

I am pro choice that abortion be available when it comes to situations of rape and incest, and life of the mother, but I also believe that whenever possible, that should be dealt with in the first trimester. Can a mother raise a child of either rape or incest and both of them be emotionally healthy- there comes a tme of a child learning of their origins- is a woman strong enough to handle that? A child given for adoption goes to find a parent, and the truth comes out- what do you tell a child to make it right? As for the threat to life of the mother, only she can make that decision, a hard choice. A few brave souls would choose the child's life over their own, but how many are that strong?

I think this is an area where the law should never say which way one should go, the decision is too personal and should be between the woman and her doctor, her other care providers, and in some cases, the father, based on her own personal situation. I don't think a woman should ever be forced by financial desperation and emotional coercion to think that abortion is the only option.

Thanks for the thanks, Pilgrim, and I guess that wasn't the answer manifold wanted to read. I've been a mother for 44 years now, and saw, even before that, a whole lot of things, so it a considered opinion!

I really appreciate you taking the time to type out your position and the reasonings behind your opinion. As I suspected you had a much more reasonable position than I was assuming.

We might not totally agree but at least you have given me enough information so I have an understanding on our difference in opinion.

I think our differences of opinion on this lie over the level of social altruism necessary. I think that the level of support should be at the highest levels, and that abortion should be the very last choice a woman believes she has to make. I think that most women chooseto terminate a pregnancy when they believe they have no other options at all, most especially the support to keep and raise the child. For those pregnant as a result of rape or incest, they have other things to deal with and are special cases.

As for choice, I admit to a severe animus against the type who use serial abortion as birth control. I think they need to make an appointment and get their tubes broken and fried!

Who among the estimated 106.5 million television viewers – and the untold millions more who have seen it on YouTube and other outlets – could possibly be upset with the image of a happy, active family?

The National Organization for Women, that's who.

NOW President Terry O'Neill said the Tebow ad – I couldn't make this up – glorifies violence against women.

"I am blown away at the celebration of the violence against women in it," she said. "That's what comes across to me even more strongly than the anti-abortion message. I myself am a survivor of domestic violence, and I don't find it charming. I think CBS should be ashamed of itself."

Henderson: NOW's take on Tebow ad trivializes real problems

N.O.W. has officially joined the ranks of the lunatic fringe.

Seems to me that she felt she had to say something and this is what came out....LOL

In related news...

The president of AIPAC has charged that airing old episodes of the Three Stooges celebrates violence against Jews. :thup:

Forum List

Back