N.O.W.: Tebow ad celebrates violence against women

Yea, are they bitching about the Betty White one? I think that one was voted #1.

If the folks were paying attention, they would have seen that Fish ( can't remember his real name ) was tackled after Betty White. So would this be violence against the elderly?

:cuckoo:

Really, these feminist groups needed to lighten the hell up and learn how to laugh at something.

Abe Vigoda.

Kind of silly...but I did wonder why the Ad Company showed this guy tackling his mom....and full bore tackle too. (He's a quarterback, btw...doesn't do tackling)

Same reason another ad had a young guy tackle Betty White into a mudpuddle....some people see humor in it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3rsaneyeXY]YouTube - Snickers Commercial - Betty White - Super Bowl 44 Spot[/ame]

Because his mom is a wimp without a snack to give her energy? That's why Betty White was tackled.

Humor? In an anti-abortion ad? :eusa_eh:

Did you see the Tebow ad? I did and I didn't hear any mention of "anti-abortion" or pro-life. My guess is unless you're familier with FoF or the controversy surrounding the ad, you'd never know it was a pro-life ad.

The ad was about as tame as it gets. If it weren't for all the hype, you wouldn't even know it was an anti-abortion ad.

Seems like NOW had to say something critical of the ad and this was the best they could come up with. It's pretty clear they care more about politics than women, and that's kind of a shame.

NOW has always been about politics. They're a bunch of man-hating, pro-abortion radicals that are given a voice because their message resonates with some in the MSM.

Yea, are they bitching about the Betty White one? I think that one was voted #1.

If the folks were paying attention, they would have seen that Fish ( can't remember his real name ) was tackled after Betty White. So would this be violence against the elderly?

:cuckoo:

Really, these feminist groups needed to lighten the hell up and learn how to laugh at something.

Abe Vigoda.

Phew! ( wipes brow )
Thanks! That was buggin' on me. God forbid I actually Google it. ( rolling eyes ) lol

Same reason another ad had a young guy tackle Betty White into a mudpuddle....some people see humor in it.

YouTube - Snickers Commercial - Betty White - Super Bowl 44 Spot

Because his mom is a wimp without a snack to give her energy? That's why Betty White was tackled.

Did you see the Tebow ad? I did and I didn't hear any mention of "anti-abortion" or pro-life. My guess is unless you're familier with FoF or the controversy surrounding the ad, you'd never know it was a pro-life ad.

Exactly...all you see is some elderly woman talking...blah, blah, blah (couldn't hear over Superbowl party) then she suddenly gets tackled.

Poor ad...I wonder how much they paid the Ad Company besides the $2.5 million for the 30 sec spot.

Exactly...all you see is some elderly woman talking...blah, blah, blah (couldn't hear over Superbowl party) then she suddenly gets tackled.

Poor ad...I wonder how much they paid the Ad Company besides the $2.5 million for the 30 sec spot.

yeah, they've probably only gotten $100 MM worth of free pub out of it.

what a bunch of dopes.

NOW President Terry O'Neill said the Tebow ad – I couldn't make this up – glorifies violence against women.

Violence?

You mean the tackle?

Who DOESN'T tackle their mother???

The key is that you apologize to her, and then strike a very gay pose...like how Tim Tebow did.

xotoxi-albums-pictures-3-picture1294-tebow.jpg

Nice bracelets, Timbow!

Kind of silly...but I did wonder why the Ad Company showed this guy tackling his mom....and full bore tackle too. (He's a quarterback, btw...doesn't do tackling)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3rsaneyeXY]YouTube - Snickers Commercial - Betty White - Super Bowl 44 Spot[/ame]

what was anti abortion about the ad? It sounded pro medical care to me.

Seriously did you watch it?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BIOTItUwvk]YouTube - Focus on the Family's Super Bowl commercial with Pam and Tim Tebow[/ame]

Who among the estimated 106.5 million television viewers – and the untold millions more who have seen it on YouTube and other outlets – could possibly be upset with the image of a happy, active family?

The National Organization for Women, that's who.

NOW President Terry O'Neill said the Tebow ad – I couldn't make this up – glorifies violence against women.

"I am blown away at the celebration of the violence against women in it," she said. "That's what comes across to me even more strongly than the anti-abortion message. I myself am a survivor of domestic violence, and I don't find it charming. I think CBS should be ashamed of itself."

Henderson: NOW's take on Tebow ad trivializes real problems

N.O.W. has officially joined the ranks of the lunatic fringe.

I concur. Where did they see domestic violence in that commercial? cookoo!!

This article is suddenly making me want to slap a bitch

"Does wayne brady need to slap a bitch, I'm going to have to get out of this car and slap a bithc"

YouTube - Focus on the Family's Super Bowl commercial with Pam and Tim Tebow

What exactly is she talking about when she says that she almost lost him? I guess I don't know the whole story...

She had complications during pregnancy and the MD taking care of her suggested she abort her baby. Which she did not.

Oh thanks i did not know that.

To me, and the majority of people watching, it sounded like she had a difficult pregnacy and was grateful she didn't lose her son in the process. I failed to see how it related to abortion at all from what the ad itself provided.

YouTube - Snickers Commercial - Betty White - Super Bowl 44 Spot

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BIOTItUwvk]YouTube - Focus on the Family's Super Bowl commercial with Pam and Tim Tebow[/ame]

As to what the ad itself said....I could not hear it...it was all visual to me...but Focus on the Family Jewels themselves stated this was an anti-choice ad...so I will have to go by what they say.

I look forward to their Super Bowl ad on how to raise a Straight Son.

As to what the ad itself said....I could not hear it...it was all visual to me...but Focus on the Family Jewels themselves stated this was an anti-choice ad...so I will have to go by what they say.

Full text:

PAM TEBOW: I call him my miracle baby. He almost didn't make it into this world. I remember so many times when I almost lost him. It was so hard. Well he's all grown up now, and I still worry about his health. Everybody treats him like he's different, but to me, he's just my baby. He's my Timmy, and I love him.

TIM TEBOW: Thanks mom. Love you too.

So where is the anti-choice message?

could you provide me with a link where this group states it's an anti-choice ad? thanks.

Who among the estimated 106.5 million television viewers – and the untold millions more who have seen it on YouTube and other outlets – could possibly be upset with the image of a happy, active family?

The National Organization for Women, that's who.

"I am blown away at the celebration of the violence against women in it," she said. "That's what comes across to me even more strongly than the anti-abortion message. I myself am a survivor of domestic violence, and I don't find it charming. I think CBS should be ashamed of itself."

Henderson: NOW's take on Tebow ad trivializes real problems

N.O.W. has officially joined the ranks of the lunatic fringe.

Focus on the Family is a LOSER site for LOSER rednecks. Who the hell cares what they think!

Tebow: one more jock that will in time have mush between his ears instead of a functioning brain.....

If he was really all that smart, or his mommy was, she would have raised him to get a real job! Oh, well, I guess he can always go to preaching, it don't take much brains to do that!

I thought it was a nice ad. Seems the only problem you had with it was Mrs. Tebow being tackled or was there something else about the ad that made it a "poor ad" in your opinion?

YouTube - Focus on the Family's Super Bowl commercial with Pam and Tim Tebow

What exactly is she talking about when she says that she almost lost him? I guess I don't know the whole story...

You obviously didn't see the ad or your just not bright enough to read the text at the end where it stated "For the whole Tim Tebow story go to www. focusonthefamily.....".

You must have a son you wish to raise straight because this is the second or third time you mentioned it.

Forum List

Back