N.O.W.: Tebow ad celebrates violence against women

What exactly is she talking about when she says that she almost lost him? I guess I don't know the whole story...

She had complications during pregnancy and the MD taking care of her suggested she abort her baby. Which she did not.

Oh thanks i did not know that.

To me, and the majority of people watching, it sounded like she had a difficult pregnacy and was grateful she didn't lose her son in the process. I failed to see how it related to abortion at all from what the ad itself provided.

My pleasure.

To me, this story was sweet and beautiful and I too did not see the 'pro-life' message. What I saw was a website promoting FAMILY. No mention of abortion ... no mention of the words 'pro-life', yet the pro-abortion folks went balistic! Another sign of the times in regards to the culture war we all find ourselves in.

You obviously didn't see the ad or your just not bright enough to read the text at the end where it stated "For the whole Tim Tebow story go to www. focusonthefamily.....".

I had not noticed the text at the end of the ad.

Thank you for so kindly and politely pointing it out to me in such a Christian and conservative manner!

May the Light of Christ shine down upon you!

Who among the estimated 106.5 million television viewers – and the untold millions more who have seen it on YouTube and other outlets – could possibly be upset with the image of a happy, active family?

The National Organization for Women, that's who.

NOW President Terry O'Neill said the Tebow ad – I couldn't make this up – glorifies violence against women.

"I am blown away at the celebration of the violence against women in it," she said. "That's what comes across to me even more strongly than the anti-abortion message. I myself am a survivor of domestic violence, and I don't find it charming. I think CBS should be ashamed of itself."

Henderson: NOW's take on Tebow ad trivializes real problems

N.O.W. has officially joined the ranks of the lunatic fringe.

Focus on the Family is a LOSER site for LOSER rednecks. Who the hell cares what they think!

Tebow: one more jock that will in time have mush between his ears instead of a functioning brain.....

If he was really all that smart, or his mommy was, she would have raised him to get a real job! Oh, well, I guess he can always go to preaching, it don't take much brains to do that!

Such condescending hatred.

Focus on the Family is a LOSER site for LOSER rednecks. Who the hell cares what they think!

Tebow: one more jock that will in time have mush between his ears instead of a functioning brain.....

If he was really all that smart, or his mommy was, she would have raised him to get a real job! Oh, well, I guess he can always go to preaching, it don't take much brains to do that!

Such condescending hatred.

Yeah, Focus on the Family is pretty condescending and hateful.

Who among the estimated 106.5 million television viewers – and the untold millions more who have seen it on YouTube and other outlets – could possibly be upset with the image of a happy, active family?

NOW President Terry O'Neill said the Tebow ad – I couldn't make this up – glorifies violence against women.

"I am blown away at the celebration of the violence against women in it," she said. "That's what comes across to me even more strongly than the anti-abortion message. I myself am a survivor of domestic violence, and I don't find it charming. I think CBS should be ashamed of itself."

I see your true colors are shining through. Since you can't provide an intelligent counter argument, you attack not only the FOF group but Tim Tebow and his mother personally. To be honest I think you're jealous that Tim and his mother share a unique bond and he's had and is having a successful sports career. You probably sit at home waiting for your next welfare check and wondering who your baby's daddy is.

Troll post rating: 8

Not bad. :thup:

You obviously didn't see the ad or your just not bright enough to read the text at the end where it stated "For the whole Tim Tebow story go to www. focusonthefamily.....".

Thank you for so kindly and politely pointing it out to me in such a Christian and conservative manner!

My apologies for being rude, it's just that these liberal clowns haven't warranted any respect and in the heat of the moment I forgot who I was responding to.

what was anti abortion about the ad? It sounded pro medical care to me.

Seriously did you watch it?

YouTube - Focus on the Family's Super Bowl commercial with Pam and Tim Tebow

What exactly is she talking about when she says that she almost lost him? I guess I don't know the whole story...

She had complications during pregnancy and the MD taking care of her suggested she abort her baby. Which she did not.

Wasn't it FoF that promoted the backstory, made sure it got out as an "abortion" thing?

I think the term "losing the baby" is entirely disingenuous in this case, as she was never in danger of "losing" him, there was no imminent miscarriage and heroic measures were there?

Nope, only a woman who CHOSE not to act on certain medical advice. SHE had a choice, SHE made a choice. BIG FUCKING DEAL, but dishonesty from FoF.

Wasn't it FoF that promoted the backstory, made sure it got out as an "abortion" thing?

I think the term "losing the baby" is entirely disingenuous in this case, as she was never in danger of "losing" him, there was no imminent miscarriage and heroic measures were there?

Nope, only a woman who CHOSE not to act on certain medical advice. SHE had a choice, SHE made a choice. BIG FUCKING DEAL, but dishonesty from FoF.

She ran the risk of not only losing the baby but her life. Why do you have such a distain for those that choose life over abortion?

She ran the risk of not only losing the baby but her life. Why do you have such a distain for those that choose life over abortion?

Contessa sounds anti-choice to me. She is agianst people making their own decisions with their bodies. Or am I wrong contessa? I'm just picking up that impression from your posts, maybe your post misrepresents your position.

This whole story of course begs the question, which group is more lunatic fringy, NOW or FoF?

:eusa_think:

Contessa sounds anti-choice to me. She is agianst people making their own decisions with their bodies. Or am I wrong contessa? I'm just picking up that impression from your posts, maybe your post misrepresents your position.

Anti-choice and anti-free speech. She seems to think that views she opposes have no right to voiced.

So, ultimately, it was a Pro-Choice Ad.

I see your true colors are shining through. Since you can't provide an intelligent counter argument, you attack not only the FOF group but Tim Tebow and his mother personally. To be honest I think you're jealous that Tim and his mother share a unique bond and he's had and is having a successful sports career. You probably sit at home waiting for your next welfare check and wondering who your baby's daddy is.

Oh, the irony!!! YOu have some nerve when 90% of your posts are "liberals are stupid" "you are an idiot" and spouting every conservative talking point and absurd argument known to man.

This whole story of course begs the question, which group is more lunatic fringy, NOW or FoF?

:eusa_think:

Thats a good question. I bet if you made a thread/poll it would become a popular thread.

So, ultimately, it was a Pro-Choice Ad.

:lol: I love your humor.

That was awesome and I was going to say it earlier. I thought it was pro choice (since she chose whether or not to get an abortion) and pro health care since without the care she would have lost the baby.

I'm spinning so hard im dizzy :lol:

Last edited:

My apologies for being rude, it's just that these liberal clowns haven't warranted any respect and in the heat of the moment I forgot who I was responding to.

Your apology is much appreciated, my fine friend.

BTW, aren't I a "liberal clown"?

Your sig picture says your a normal american clown :lol:

Actually I don't think you're a clown and I'm not sure just how liberal you are. Some of your post makes sense, my guess is if you do consider yourself a liberal then you lean more center than left. Which is always a good thing.

Kind of silly...but I did wonder why the Ad Company showed this guy tackling his mom....and full bore tackle too. (He's a quarterback, btw...doesn't do tackling)

Maybe you should hush up because everyone on the field can tackle at any given time. A couple years ago the quarterback from the Steelers saved the game by making a open field tackle after an interception. Manny got his ass blocked Sunday while trying to tackle a DB after he threw an interception. Every player on the field at one point or another must learn to and do some tackling if they are going to play football.

Forum List

Back