My Wife's Grandparents Were Hiroshima Survivors

They don't have any history of the atrocities practiced by the Samurai (the reason for disbanding them in the first place).

The samurai class was not abolished because of "atrocities." Not even close. The samurai class was abolished in order to protect the new civil government that was established during the Meiji Restoration.

That's your opinion. There are other opinions, you know.

It's common to encounter people who say the same thing about Japan's WWII education.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100225163311AAzJXkC

'Yahooanswers' Wow, how authoritative. :rolleyes:

If you ever become interested in some real scholarship, go here: ERIC - How World War II Is Taught in Japanese Classrooms., International Journal of Social Education, 1995 and order a copy of 'How WWII is Taught in Japanese Classrooms' to start with.

When people relate personal experiences that differ from the official record it's relevant. Only in your "I'm the authority and I know when people are lying" disturbed psyche is there ever actually an absolute truth.

They don't have any history of the atrocities practiced by the Samurai (the reason for disbanding them in the first place).

The samurai class was not abolished because of "atrocities." Not even close. The samurai class was abolished in order to protect the new civil government that was established during the Meiji Restoration.

It's not a matter of opinion, fool, it's a matter of historical fact. The Tokugawa Shogunate had grown too weak to hold onto power any longer in the face of pressures brought to bear in response to the threat of foreign encroachment as exemplified by Perry's Black Ships. Various factions vied for power as it became clear that the Shogunate's grip on the country was slipping. Tokugawa's ultimate defeat in the Boshin War is what led to the establishment of a new civil government. In this new system, there was no room for a Samurai class that would only have presented an on-going threat to the new government. That is why the class was abolished.

It's common to encounter people who say the same thing about Japan's WWII education.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100225163311AAzJXkC

'Yahooanswers' Wow, how authoritative. :rolleyes:

If you ever become interested in some real scholarship, go here: ERIC - How World War II Is Taught in Japanese Classrooms., International Journal of Social Education, 1995 and order a copy of 'How WWII is Taught in Japanese Classrooms' to start with.

When people relate personal experiences that differ from the official record it's relevant. Only in your "I'm the authority and I know when people are lying" disturbed psyche is there ever actually an absolute truth.

That was a very weak attempt at diversion.

They don't understand that the discipline was brought through training and not birthright.

You've got that completely wrong. Being a member of the Samurai class was a matter of birthright during most of Japanese history.

A farmer could train his ass off 24/7, but that wouldn't make him a Samurai.

But the discipline didn't come from being born into the correct bloodline, that had to be proven after years of training, dipshit.

There were those holding the status of 'Samurai' who could probably wield a sword not much better than you can. They were accountants, stock-keepers, etc. working in a Daimyo's castle and surrounding offices.

Have you ever met someone who claims to be descended from Samurai warriors?

As a matter of fact, I am well acquainted with several people who are definitively descended from well-known Samurai. Why do you ask?

Have you ever met someone who claims to be descended from Samurai warriors?

As a matter of fact, I am well acquainted with several people who are definitively descended from well-known Samurai. Why do you ask?

I think you just made that up, you've never met anyone "definitively descended" from any Samurai.

See how easy that was? All it takes is typing into a box to refute you on your own logic.

It's not a matter of opinion, fool, it's a matter of historical fact. The Tokugawa Shogunate had grown too weak to hold onto power any longer in the face of pressures brought to bear in response to the threat of foreign encroachment as exemplified by Perry's Black Ships. Various factions vied for power as it became clear that the Shogunate's grip on the country was slipping. Tokugawa's ultimate defeat in the Boshin War is what led to the establishment of a new civil government. In this new system, there was no room for a Samurai class that would only have presented an on-going threat to the new government. That is why the class was abolished.

On what basis were they viewed as a threat, numbnuts?

It's true. FDR was a stroke victim and a virtual corpse during the latter days of WW2 so who was running the government? Crazies like Morganthau were around but the generals were in charge and the generals were pissed and they didn't really care for the Marine Corps. When Truman woke up on morning and found out that he was president he didn't have a clue. The Military was in charge and by God they were going to drop the Big One no matter what.

Not accurate. Many generals including Ike and MacArthur told Truman not to drop the bombs. Others in his administration voiced negative opinions...knowing full well Japan was defenseless. Truman was solely responsible for the war crime.

Truman dropped them because he wanted to control Stalin and show the world our power. But also, he was a terrible racist who hated the Japanese...thinking them less than human. Most ironic considering he claimed to be a devout Christian.

since you were born stupid Ike had no combat experience. MacArthur wanted the guts and glory of an invasion that would cost millions of lives. the so called "others" had no combat experience either. Truman seeked out every opinion he could get. the sinking of the Indy and the Kamikaze attacks off Okinawa sealed Japan's fate. they were far from finished.

you pacifist idiots are all the same. so keep your head stuck up your ass where it belongs

I am not a pacifist. To think one is a pacifist for KNOWING Truman's actions was a war crime, is just dumb....try to THINK. Unlike you, I do not think our government and military should murder defenseless civilians by the thousands. You have much in common with Hitler and Stalin.

Your reason for denigrating Ike and MacArthur for disagreeing with the use of the bomb, is dumb. And if you knew anything about history, you would know numerous officals in military, government, and others disagreed with the dropping of the bombs.

Last edited:
Not accurate. Many generals including Ike and MacArthur told Truman not to drop the bombs. Others in his administration voiced negative opinions...knowing full well Japan was defenseless. Truman was solely responsible for the war crime.

Truman dropped them because he wanted to control Stalin and show the world our power. But also, he was a terrible racist who hated the Japanese...thinking them less than human. Most ironic considering he claimed to be a devout Christian.

since you were born stupid Ike had no combat experience. MacArthur wanted the guts and glory of an invasion that would cost millions of lives. the so called "others" had no combat experience either. Truman seeked out every opinion he could get. the sinking of the Indy and the Kamikaze attacks off Okinawa sealed Japan's fate. they were far from finished.

you pacifist idiots are all the same. so keep your head stuck up your ass where it belongs

I am not a pacifist. To think one is a pacifist for KNOWING Truman's actions was a war crime, is just dumb....try to THINK. Unlike you, I do not think our government and military should murder defenseless civilians by the thousands. You have much in common with Hitler and Stalin.

Your reason for denigrating Ike and MacArthur for disagreeing with the use of the bomb, is dumb. And if you knew anything about history, you would know numerous officals in military, government, and others disagreed with the dropping of the bombs.

click !! this is a recording. your stuck on stupid. YES you are pacifist. that's a fact. a box a rocks is smarter than you. or you were born yesterday ???
I defy you to prove any of it. right here and now. let's have something other than your distorted view of history. opinions are aholes. everybody got one.

hey bozo. ever hear of something called the military?? no?? its not really my job to educate the less learned on here like you. but the IJA was starving civilians to death. they needed food to keep fighting. these so called civilians your in love with were slaves. slave's to the military and emperor. they bowed and did what they were told to.

Food shortages had begun to appear in some parts of the country even before Pearl Harbor. A majority of the Japanese already were malnourished at the time of surrender. In 1944, officials in Osaka prefecture estimated that 46% of all economic crimes in their jurisdiction involved food. Hunger was compounded by a disastrous harvest (1945 was the worst since 1910, a shortfall of almost 40% from normal yield) and exacerbated by the confusion, corruption, and ineptitude of the postsurrender elites. Food shipments from the U.S. helped avert the anticipated disaster of as many as 10 million Japanese starving to death through the fall and winter, and, in the process, enhanced the image of the U.S. as a generous benefactor. [90, 93]

Despite the efforts of the occupation authorities and the government, the collection and distribution of even the most basic foodstuffs remained chaotic for years

link

who saved these starving people??? its ok. everyone but you knows :D

Truman's actions was a war crime]

if so why was he not convicted ?? in war time you use your best weapon. use it or lose it. Truman got a ton of input from veterans who were over there and saw the carnage.
ya see if he let's the invasion go forward and millions of Americans die without using the bomb there's hell to pay. when greiving Americans find out he could have saved them with the bomb they'll want him impeached and hung. do you know what an American is?? didn't think so. and I expect this to go in one eye and out the other since your a pacifist.

truman and bomb link

this if really for the benefit of others here. not you

oh dear. was Japan building its own Abomb??? pray tell who would they use it on??

Japan's A-Bomb project link

You have much in common with Hitler and Stalin.

funny how i fought against both these systems. which are now installed in your current regeime

im finished with you :cuckoo:

Last edited by a moderator:

On what basis were they viewed as a threat, numbnuts?

The basis that many had already taken up arms against the civil government, and that if allowed to continue they would represent a separate military force outside the civil government within the country.

Is this really so hard to understand?

oh dear. was Japan building its own Abomb??? pray tell who would they use it on??

Considering they weren't terribly close to completing one, nobody. Move the timetable up a little and at most they would have been in a position to use it for the same reason Truman really did: to send a message to the Soviets. Given the state of their air force, even managing to drop one on Soviet territory just across from Sakhalin would have been unlikely in the extreme.

Forum List

Back