My wife and I went to Target today

Had a pretty good time. My wife decides she want some wine. SO we make our selection. Get to the register they ask for ID, as I was about to produce mine they started to scan it. I pull it back and asked "what the person at the register what was she going to do?" She wanted to scan it to check my age I said hell no you are not scanning my ID. I will give you my birth date but you are not scanning my ID. The check out girl said that was what they were supposed to do now. So my wife looks at me kind of pissy and pulls out her ID.

So whats the deal with that?

I am told Wal*Mart is doing the same thing for anyone buying wine OR cigarettes...

Maybe they want to find out how much the tax increase effected our cig and booze intake.:booze::beer: :smoke:

Had a pretty good time. My wife decides she want some wine. SO we make our selection. Get to the register they ask for ID, as I was about to produce mine they started to scan it. I pull it back and asked "what the person at the register what was she going to do?" She wanted to scan it to check my age I said hell no you are not scanning my ID. I will give you my birth date but you are not scanning my ID. The check out girl said that was what they were supposed to do now. So my wife looks at me kind of pissy and pulls out her ID.

They are allowed to see your ID to check your age.

AND THAT IS IT!

Don't even let them touch your ID. Do not let them scan your ID. Call the manager, the check out people are only doing what they are told to do so its not their fault.

Eh, you're of course wrong here. They are a private business they can refuse to sell to you if you don't let them touch your DL , or even scan it. There are NO laws dictating that they can't do either, nor are there laws that they MUST sell to you. You of course have the right to walk away if you don't wish to comply.

Did i say anything about laws? I said call the manager.

AND THAT IS IT!

Don't even let them touch your ID. Do not let them scan your ID. Call the manager, the check out people are only doing what they are told to do so its not their fault.

Eh, you're of course wrong here. They are a private business they can refuse to sell to you if you don't let them touch your DL , or even scan it. There are NO laws dictating that they can't do either, nor are there laws that they MUST sell to you. You of course have the right to walk away if you don't wish to comply.

Clearly you were implying that they didn't have the right to do more than look at your ID, clearly you are wrong.

it is all working toward the mark of the beast..national ID..micrchips...just one of many psyops designed to have you incrementally accept it

Sounds like their kicking off the Complete and Total Tracking of American citizens.

As hard as we try to keep tracking cookies OFF of our computers,

No One has a problem with this?!?

Talk about an invasion of your personal privacy...

This information WILL be used against us:

1) smokers will pay higher healthcare premiums;
2) drinkers will pay higher premiums, on ALL insurances;
3) employers will be able to cull out anyone that drinks and/or smokes "too much";
4) our movements/shopping patterns will be tracked;

and that's just the BEGINNING.

Clearly you were implying that they didn't have the right to do more than look at your ID, clearly you are wrong.

Clearly i shop more then you do. Call the manager.

Clearly you are once again incapable of typing the words "I was wrong" . You didn't say shit about a manager. You said that "they" can't do more than look at your DL, "they" can do whatever they want with your DL, now whether a manager might bend the rules is a different matter, but it doesn't negate the fact that "they" can do more than look at your DL.

I am told Wal*Mart is doing the same thing for anyone buying wine OR cigarettes...

Tracking beer and wine purchases? The kids at school no longer pay cash for lunches and such. They all have a card with an account number you can put cash on, then they swipe the card when they buy school food. Hmmmm . . . . .

AND THAT IS IT!

I doubt they can refuse to serve to me if I refuse to comply with illegal policies. They can certainly make noise about it, but I bet I would win in court.

Last edited:

Clearly you are once again incapable of typing the words "I was wrong" . You didn't say shit about a manager. You said that "they" can't do more than look at your DL, "they" can do whatever they want with your DL, now whether a manager might bend the rules is a different matter, but it doesn't negate the fact that "they" can do more than look at your DL.

Go back and read it.

@ Walmart the state audits the sales of C2H5OH and tobacco to distinguish trends checking ID.

The pivot in this issue is whether or not you approve of Target's reason for scanning your ID, which is their compliance with the law against selling wine or tobacco to minors. Because there have been instances in which minors who were busted with wine or cigarettes and didn't wish to rat on the relatives or friends who supplied them will say they bought them at Target (etc.) Because the item purchased is scanned and recorded, in the case of wine or cigarettes an accompanying ID scan is required to justify every sale.

Because this is sure to be a sensitive issue, and because the reason for the scan is valid, it would be considerate of a store's management to post an explanation of the reason for the scan which the checkout clerk can show to an indignant customer and avoid resentful confrontation.

AND THAT IS IT!

That did happen but he gave us the same reason.

AND THAT IS IT!

What happen to the good old days when the customer is always right?

Thanks for the heads up. That hasn't happen around here yet.

BIG BROTHER :cool::cool:

I have no doubt

AND THAT IS IT!

That did happen but he gave us the same reason.

Then i would walk. I would never let them scan my ID. Then again i love talking to CEO's

Maybe they want to find out how much the tax increase effected our cig and booze intake.:booze::beer: :smoke:

North Carolina sheriffs have cause a big stink with wanting to have access to everybody's medical records. This could be ued for tax purposes but what if the LEO'S start using it for tracking purposes they buy wine here they buy beer there they bought a case two days ago and now they are buying a six pack. They have a drinking problem. maybe we should keep and eye on them, or have their D.L. revoked.

Now you all can return to your reality's..:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back