My war with Paul supporters is over

Roberts upheld the Constitution yesterday and resisted the judicial activism which all conservatives profess to hate.

Court after court after court confirm that the Federal government has ridiculously broad taxing authority under the Constitution. I don't like it, but conservatives of all stripes need to admit it.

ObamaTax is a political matter, not a Constitutional one.

When are you going to just come out and flip sides already? There is no doubt after this statement that you are truly a proggressive.

No, it's just common sense and the truth. Sniper didn't say he liked Obamacare, just that it is constitutional. No matter how much we hate it, hate won't make it unconstitutional.

When are you going to just come out and flip sides already? There is no doubt after this statement that you are truly a proggressive.

I am progressive because I am pointing out that the flaw in our system is the overly broad tax authority the Federal government enjoys, which is confirmed by court after court after court?
No you are a progressive because you are preaching acceptance of this interpretation of the consitution. We don't need to accept anything, we need to make a stand and change it.

Apparently, you need to learn more about the constitution.

This last couple of days has opened me up to things.....While I disagree staunchly with many things Paul does and I do not see him in rose colored glasses it is time I put the country first and politics last. We all know he isn't going to be the nominee and I doubt he will run third party but truthfully right now he doesn't matter.

Yesterday saw us as a nation become far less free then we use to be. Yesterday was a tremendous blow to liberty for all of us whether you believe it or not. Yesterday showed a need for a congress that wishes to preserve a republic and deny a democracy. Yesterday after the anger subsided some I started thinking clearly.

So today I put my hand out to those libertarians and Paul libertarians in a act of peace.....The liberal progressives believe we should compromise.....They are completely right. We need to compromise. The libertarians and conservatives need to compromise and move forward together on the things we have in common....Like smaller government....Less taxes....Fewer regulations...Most of all preserving this great nation as a Republic.

It is time we put away childish things. I am putting this many places to show as many as I can my conviction to saving our nation for our children.....

God bless the USA

All are welcome to join the Ron Paul Revolution. Glad to have ya onboard. Dr. Paul is the only Politician even worth listening to at this point. The rest are miserable liars & cheats. John Roberts a "Conservative?" Yeah right. Dr. Paul is honest & brave. You can count on him. Constitutional Conservatism is this Nation's only hope. This fight is very difficult though, and we're definitely vastly outnumbered. But we are making progress. So thank you for joining the fight. Welcome. :)

Do you have a problem with Gary Johnson?

Other than the fact that he looks perpetually stoned?

Holy shit I wonder how high gold is going to go up when the fed starts printing money to pay for this shity bill that the traitor Roberts gave us?

This last couple of days has opened me up to things.....While I disagree staunchly with many things Paul does and I do not see him in rose colored glasses it is time I put the country first and politics last. We all know he isn't going to be the nominee and I doubt he will run third party but truthfully right now he doesn't matter.

Yesterday saw us as a nation become far less free then we use to be. Yesterday was a tremendous blow to liberty for all of us whether you believe it or not. Yesterday showed a need for a congress that wishes to preserve a republic and deny a democracy. Yesterday after the anger subsided some I started thinking clearly.

So today I put my hand out to those libertarians and Paul libertarians in a act of peace.....The liberal progressives believe we should compromise.....They are completely right. We need to compromise. The libertarians and conservatives need to compromise and move forward together on the things we have in common....Like smaller government....Less taxes....Fewer regulations...Most of all preserving this great nation as a Republic.

It is time we put away childish things. I am putting this many places to show as many as I can my conviction to saving our nation for our children.....

God bless the USA

As a libertarian I was never at war with Republicans. Honestly, I don't really see much of a difference between true Republicans and classical liberals/libertarians... RINO's are a different story.

All are welcome to join the Ron Paul Revolution. Glad to have ya onboard. Dr. Paul is the only Politician even worth listening to at this point. The rest are miserable liars & cheats. John Roberts a "Conservative?" Yeah right. Dr. Paul is honest & brave. You can count on him. Constitutional Conservatism is this Nation's only hope. This fight is very difficult though, and we're definitely vastly outnumbered. But we are making progress. So thank you for joining the fight. Welcome. :)

It's mind-boggling how Republicans believe libertarians are all stoners just because we believe government shouldn't be involved in what substances people ingest.

I don't smoke weed and if weed was legal I still wouldn't smoke weed.

It's not like people who don't do drugs will run out and start doing drugs if they were legal.

God bless the USA

God bless the USA

Never make the mistake....I am not part of the Paul machine. I am willing to work for the betterment of the country. I would have only voted for Paul if he won the nominee cause like Romney the choice is all I had. While he is fiscally correct he is very much wrong on certain things....Truth is he doesn't matter anymore. He is going to retire and live out his life wherever in Texas he lives and thats fine....After 30+ years in his seat he deserves his retirement. What I am getting at is I am not going to waste my time fighting libertarians to the detriment of the country....While we bicker over small stupid shit the progressives grab more and more power.....We have to much important things in common to allow the country to fail cause some of the small shit.

Dr. Paul's importance to this country is that he started a movement that woke up a lot of complacent voters. He made even people like you realize that this country is in danger of losing our basic freedoms and are in a slide to tyranny. In the last 10yrs he has changed the direction of the Republican Party. The creation of the Tea Party is an offshoot of RON PAULS run for President and constant and never changing message the Constitution and Freedom and the smaller government our forefathers created for us. Nobody agrees with everything Dr. Paul say's but he is the only politician that is telling the truth about where our country is headed. His value is not in being President but changing the direction of the Republican Party and getting like minded candidates elected. If they let him speak at the Republican Convention it will be something to hear. Welcome aboard.

The bill wasnt a fucking tax! Why is that so hard for you to grasp?

In its arguments the government argued that if the court could not see it as a penalty, then they could certainly leave it as a tax... That is what the court did. It was a political football punt- and it is frustrating- but it was a savvy move by Roberts. It allows for appeal.

I think sniperfire is right in that if Roberts had sided with the minority opinion it would have been a political activist move- if not in actuality, then in the minds of at least half of the American people.

Robert's gave two opportunities to conservatives. The power of repeal and the move for an amendment to limit the tax authority of Congress. The time has never been more ripe. We have a very clear decision to make about the direction of this country. Now is not the time to throw in the towel in angry defeat- but to reinvigorate the people to action.
So in your mind betraying the constitution and legislating from the bench is a savvy move?

He did not legislate from the bench. He heard oral arguments from the government that claimed the "penalty" was a tax- He basically concurred. He could have gone with the minority opinion- but I agree that he was within his parameters as a jurist to interpret the mandate as a tax- That is not equal to my liking it. But I am not ready to pick up my ball and go home mad. As I posted, I want to use the opportunity his ruling provided conservatives and libertarians to take action.

God bless the USA

Meh, he thinks that anyone who is opposed to taking a nail studded brick bat to anyone who has ever questioned the war on drugs is a 24/7 stoner.

Meh, he thinks that anyone who is opposed to taking a nail studded brick bat to anyone who has ever questioned the war on drugs is a 24/7 stoner.

Drug consumption is unhealthy and wrong- it should never be authorized as OK.

That said I am all for decriminalizing marijuana use. (this is not equal to legalizing it)

It's mind-boggling how Republicans believe libertarians are all stoners just because we believe government shouldn't be involved in what substances people ingest.

It's not like people who don't do drugs will run out and start doing drugs if they were legal.
I didn't say he smoked pot cause I don't know I said he always looks high....By the way it was a joke.

In its arguments the government argued that if the court could not see it as a penalty, then they could certainly leave it as a tax... That is what the court did. It was a political football punt- and it is frustrating- but it was a savvy move by Roberts. It allows for appeal.

I think sniperfire is right in that if Roberts had sided with the minority opinion it would have been a political activist move- if not in actuality, then in the minds of at least half of the American people.

Robert's gave two opportunities to conservatives. The power of repeal and the move for an amendment to limit the tax authority of Congress. The time has never been more ripe. We have a very clear decision to make about the direction of this country. Now is not the time to throw in the towel in angry defeat- but to reinvigorate the people to action.
So in your mind betraying the constitution and legislating from the bench is a savvy move?

He did not legislate from the bench. He heard oral arguments from the government that claimed the "penalty" was a tax- He basically concurred. He could have gone with the minority opinion- but I agree that he was within his parameters as a jurist to interpret the mandate as a tax- That is not equal to my liking it. But I am not ready to pick up my ball and go home mad. As I posted, I want to use the opportunity his ruling provided conservatives and libertarians to take action.

Changing a bill to make it a tax is legislating from the bench. Roberts is a self serving progressive that sold the country down the river you want to thank him for it.

Last edited:
I am progressive because I am pointing out that the flaw in our system is the overly broad tax authority the Federal government enjoys, which is confirmed by court after court after court?
No you are a progressive because you are preaching acceptance of this interpretation of the consitution. We don't need to accept anything, we need to make a stand and change it.

Apparently, you need to learn more about the constitution.

Really? If this was so cut and dried and so obvious then why was everyone on pins and needles? Why do we even need the supreme court to decide these things then? The fact is the it is not cut and dried, it is murky, otherwise it would have been a unanimous decision. I happen to disagree that this is a tax. I consider the government charging me money for noncompliance with a mandate a FINE or PENALTY.

Changing a bill to make it a tax is legislating from the bench. Roberts is a sold serving progressive that sold the country down the river you want to thank him for it.

Did I say I want to thank him for it...gee I must be much older then I thought since my memory can't recall saying I wanted to thank him. I looked at the post you responded to and could swear it implies I did not like his ruling- BUT THAT AS A JURIST he was within his purview to concur with the governments claim it was a tax!

Roberts upheld the Constitution yesterday and resisted the judicial activism which all conservatives profess to hate.

Court after court after court confirm that the Federal government has ridiculously broad taxing authority under the Constitution. I don't like it, but conservatives of all stripes need to admit it.

They need to understand it for what it is. Using the taxing power to manipulate behavior, despite the fact that Roberts and other court whores have signed off on it, is a violation of the fourteenth amendment and and affront to the overall notion of equal rights and equal protection.

God bless the USA

I'm personally done with the Ron Paul supporters. I donated more money to Ron Paul than any other candidate, and I was a supporter until about midway through the primary. I became disillusioned about Ron Paul's seriousness about securing the GOP nomination--it seemed at times he was purposely feigning senility to be provocative. Then I finally came to the conclusion that indeed he was senile, and his Al Jones supporters are fucking crazy.

All of a sudden people that used to say I was insightful and whatnot were calling me a neo-con and saying despicable things about my family--of course they were all Ron Paul supporters. I went to my local libertarian meetings and said that it is time to re-evaluate who we were going to lobby to take up our issues, and they were out for blood. These are cult members, they care more about supporting Ron Paul than advancing the issues that they say they desperately care about.

Screw the God damned Ron Paul supporters--they are less than 1% of the overall electorate.

Ann Rand hit the nail on the head about libertarians. I considered myself one until last year. The more I personally got involved with the libertarian party the more I disliked them.

Q: What do you think of the Libertarian movement? [FHF: “The Moratorium on Brains,” 1971]

AR: All kinds of people today call themselves “libertarians,” especially something calling itself the New Right, which consists of hippies, except that they’re anarchists instead of collectivists. But of course, anarchists are collectivists. Capitalism is the one system that requires absolute objective law, yet they want to combine capitalism and anarchism. That is worse than anything the New Left has proposed. It’s a mockery of philosophy and ideology. They sling slogans and try to ride on two bandwagons. They want to be hippies, but don’t want to preach collectivism, because those jobs are already taken. But anarchism is a logical outgrowth of the anti-intellectual side of collectivism. I could deal with a Marxist with a greater chance of reaching some kind of understanding, and with much greater respect. The anarchist is the scum of the intellectual world of the left, which has given them up. So the right picks up another leftist discard. That’s the Libertarian movement.

Q: What do you think of the Libertarian Party? [FHF: “A Nation’s Unity,” 1972]

AR: I’d rather vote for Bob Hope, the Marx Brothers, or Jerry Lewis. I don’t think they’re as funny as Professor Hospers and the Libertarian Party. If, at a time like this, John Hospers takes ten votes away from Nixon (which I doubt he’ll do), it would be a moral crime. I don’t care about Nixon, and I care even less about Hospers. But this is no time to engage in publicity seeking, which all these crank political parties are doing. If you want to spread your ideas, do it through education. But don’t run for President—or even dogcatcher—if you’re going to help McGovern.

Q: What is your position on the Libertarian Party? [FHF: “Censorship: Local and Express,” 1973]

AR: I don’t want to waste too much time on it. It’s a cheap attempt at publicity, which Libertarians won’t get. Today’s events, particularly Watergate, should teach anyone with amateur political notions that they cannot rush into politics in order to get publicity. The issue is so serious today, that to form a new party based in part on half-baked ideas, and in part on borrowed ideas—I won’t say from whom—is irresponsible, and in today’s context, nearly immoral.

Q: Libertarians advocate the politics you advocate. So why are you opposed to the Libertarian Party? [FHF: “Egalitarianism and Inflation,” 1974]

AR:They are not defenders of capitalism. They’re a group of publicity seekers who rush into politics prematurely, because they allegedly want to educate people through a political campaign, which can’t be done. Further, their leadership consists of men of every of persuasion, from religious conservatives to anarchists. Moreover, most of them are my enemies: they spend their time denouncing me, while plagiarizing my ideas. Now, I think it’s a bad beginning for an allegedly pro-capitalist party to start by stealing ideas.

Q: Do you think Libertarians communicate the ideas of freedom and capitalism effectively? [Q&A following LP’s “Objective Communication,” Lecture 1, 1980]

AR: I don’t think plagiarists are effective. I’ve read nothing by a Libertarian (when I read them, in the early years) that wasn’t my ideas badly mishandled—i.e., had the teeth pulled out of them—with no credit given. I didn’t know whether I should be glad that no credit was given, or disgusted. I felt both. They are perhaps the worst political group today, because they can do the most harm to capitalism, by making it disreputable.

Q: Why don’t you approve of the Libertarians, thousands of whom are loyal readers of your works? [FHF: “The Age of Mediocrity,” 1981]

AR: Because Libertarians are a monstrous, disgusting bunch of people: they plagiarize my ideas when that fits their purpose, and they denounce me in a more vicious manner than any communist publication, when that fits their purpose. They are lower than any pragmatists, and what they hold against Objectivism is morality. They’d like to have an amoral political program.

Ann Rand just described all of the Ron Paul supporters PERFECTLY, God rest her soul.

Q: The Libertarians are providing intermediate steps toward your goals. Why don’t you support them? [Ibid., 1981]

AR: Please don’t tell me they’re pursuing my goals. I have not asked for, nor do I accept, the help of intellectual cranks. I want philosophically educated people: those who understand ideas, care about ideas, and spread the right ideas. That’s how my philosophy will spread, just as philosophy has throughout all history: by means of people who understand and teach it to others. Further, it should be clear that I do not endorse the filthy slogan, “The end justifies the means.” That was originated by the Jesuits, and accepted enthusiastically by Communists and Nazis. The end does not justify the means; you cannot achieve anything good by evil means. Finally, the Libertarians aren’t worthy of being the means to any end, let alone the end of spreading Objectivism.

It's funny that you want to say Ron Paul supporters are part of a cult, and then you bring up things Ayn Rand of all people said about libertarians. Talk about a cult leader.

Forum List

Back