My war with Paul supporters is over

I am a Paul supporter and I will be voting for Romney. I simply do not believe that we can afford 4 more years of Obama. But I can't blame any Paul supporter who will not succumb to politics as usual and I warn all Republicans; if you continue to insist on statists that expand programs, reduce liberties, increase debt, destroy free markets then the day will come that people tire of voting for "the lesser of two evils" and the Republican party will become irrelevant.

Romney must produce tangible results and not be afraid to be hated when the left inevitably pounds him the same way they pounded Bush. He cannot pass the buck. He cannot be soft. If he thinks he can be Obama Lite then he will be out in 4 years and so will an entire wing of the party.

We can't afford four years of Romney either.
Sadly true.

This last couple of days has opened me up to things.....While I disagree staunchly with many things Paul does and I do not see him in rose colored glasses it is time I put the country first and politics last. We all know he isn't going to be the nominee and I doubt he will run third party but truthfully right now he doesn't matter.

Yesterday saw us as a nation become far less free then we use to be. Yesterday was a tremendous blow to liberty for all of us whether you believe it or not. Yesterday showed a need for a congress that wishes to preserve a republic and deny a democracy. Yesterday after the anger subsided some I started thinking clearly.

So today I put my hand out to those libertarians and Paul libertarians in a act of peace.....The liberal progressives believe we should compromise.....They are completely right. We need to compromise. The libertarians and conservatives need to compromise and move forward together on the things we have in common....Like smaller government....Less taxes....Fewer regulations...Most of all preserving this great nation as a Republic.

It is time we put away childish things. I am putting this many places to show as many as I can my conviction to saving our nation for our children.....

God bless the USA

Someone's nervous about the Ron Paul voters not giving in and voting for Romney.
I dont care about Romney......I care about congress......I care about returning the country to a republic.

I'll take two branches over one president anyday,your right,the fight really is in congress.

I am a Paul supporter and I will be voting for Romney. I simply do not believe that we can afford 4 more years of Obama. But I can't blame any Paul supporter who will not succumb to politics as usual and I warn all Republicans; if you continue to insist on statists that expand programs, reduce liberties, increase debt, destroy free markets then the day will come that people tire of voting for "the lesser of two evils" and the Republican party will become irrelevant.

Romney must produce tangible results and not be afraid to be hated when the left inevitably pounds him the same way they pounded Bush. He cannot pass the buck. He cannot be soft. If he thinks he can be Obama Lite then he will be out in 4 years and so will an entire wing of the party.

Vote for Real conservatives in congress and Romey will be pushed to the right

We can a damn sight more than four more years of Obama.....No matter what lie you tell yourself Romney is a far superior choice to the alternative.

Just vote for Gary Johnson like the rest of us who enjoy freedom. Who people vote for this election will be the litmus test of intelligence in my personal associations, that's for sure.

Just vote for Gary Johnson like the rest of us who enjoy freedom. Who people vote for this election will be the litmus test of intelligence in my personal associations, that's for sure.

I hear what you're saying, but personal moral victories won't change anything. It's a Two-Party System. It is what it is.

I hear what you're saying, but personal moral victories won't change anything. It's a Two-Party System. It is what it is.

They can change quite a lot actually. What sort of political sea-change would occur if Gary Johnson gets 20% of the vote, for example? That would be huge - regardless of who actually wins the election. That kind of result would have far more impact on the future of this nation than the piddling differences between Romney and Obama.

They can change quite a lot actually. What sort of political sea-change would occur if Gary Johnson gets 20% of the vote, for example? That would be huge - regardless of who actually wins the election. That kind of result would have far more impact on the future of this nation than the piddling differences between Romney and Obama.

That's what I am saying. A vote for freedom is not a wasted vote. It will echo into the future, we just have to get all we can to take the first stand this election.

Throwing in the towel, abdicating responsibility, and flipping a coin between Tweedledee and Tweedledum isn't going to change anything either.

This last couple of days has opened me up to things.....While I disagree staunchly with many things Paul does and I do not see him in rose colored glasses it is time I put the country first and politics last. We all know he isn't going to be the nominee and I doubt he will run third party but truthfully right now he doesn't matter.

Yesterday saw us as a nation become far less free then we use to be. Yesterday was a tremendous blow to liberty for all of us whether you believe it or not. Yesterday showed a need for a congress that wishes to preserve a republic and deny a democracy. Yesterday after the anger subsided some I started thinking clearly.

So today I put my hand out to those libertarians and Paul libertarians in a act of peace.....The liberal progressives believe we should compromise.....They are completely right. We need to compromise. The libertarians and conservatives need to compromise and move forward together on the things we have in common....Like smaller government....Less taxes....Fewer regulations...Most of all preserving this great nation as a Republic.

It is time we put away childish things. I am putting this many places to show as many as I can my conviction to saving our nation for our children.....

God bless the USA

Yeah your tagline tells me just how reasonable you are.

Vote for Real conservatives in congress and Romey will be pushed to the right

I won't hold my breath.

We can a damn sight more than four more years of Obama.....No matter what lie you tell yourself Romney is a far superior choice to the alternative.

I don't have to lie to myself, I only have to look at Romney's record to see that he's no different from Obama. The partisans on either side can perpetuate the myth that there's a vast gulf between the right and left, but the truth is that there's not a dime's worth of difference between the two and it's never been more clear than when it's Obama vs. Romney.

How so? Does Congress not have absurdly broad tax authority even though they mischaracterize (lie about) said taxation when they put together laws?

Two points, the authority to tax is a lot more limited than you think, and they will never be able to lie about it again. Anything that comes out of Congress that involves someone paying money to the government will be always and forever known as a tax now.

What are the limits on Congress' authority to tax?

If you read the constitution you will find the "enumerated powers" clause. (section 1, article 8)

"1: The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States"

Scrolling down to the final clause you will find:

"18: To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof."

So there you have it. Conservative try to deny the wording saying the founders did not mean it and even if they did it does'nt mean what it says it does. But there it is. Ther founders wrote it. The words are small and the meanings have not changed.

They could do what they advocate others do amend the constitution to get rid of that offending phrase. They won't because they know they can't and the repercussions could be immense.

God bless the USA

It's kind of late to suck their dick. You gotta do that shit before you defecate all over them and their candidate and get your candidate nominated.

God bless the USA

It's kind of late to suck their dick. You gotta do that shit before you defecate all over them and their candidate and get your candidate nominated.

:clap2:

Two points, the authority to tax is a lot more limited than you think, and they will never be able to lie about it again. Anything that comes out of Congress that involves someone paying money to the government will be always and forever known as a tax now.

If you read the constitution you will find the "enumerated powers" clause. (section 1, article 8)

"1: The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States"

Scrolling down to the final clause you will find:

"18: To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof."

So there you have it. Conservative try to deny the wording saying the founders did not mean it and even if they did it does'nt mean what it says it does. But there it is. Ther founders wrote it. The words are small and the meanings have not changed.

They could do what they advocate others do amend the constitution to get rid of that offending phrase. They won't because they know they can't and the repercussions could be immense.

I agree with you in theory.

But have the courts ever interpreted it that way? If you look at the part of the sentence which preceded the part you highlighted (the part I now highlight) - the part which comes before the conjunction 'and' - does it not say our 'debts' are independent of the enumerations you highlighted?

The point I have been making here is there seems to be a flaw in the Constitution which does not limit their taxing authority.

How so? Does Congress not have absurdly broad tax authority even though they mischaracterize (lie about) said taxation when they put together laws?

Obama had a majority in Congress and wanted to raise taxes. In fact, he campaigned on raising taxes for people who make more than $200,000, yet the first thing he did was sign a tax cut. Think about that and ask yourself why he did that instead of keeping the one promise he really meant. The authority to tax is limited by the fact that most congresscritters want to keep their jobs, and they shy away from raising taxes because tax hikes get people mad.

By the way, the authority to tax is specifically spelled out in the Consittution, and is so clear cut that they had to amend the constitution in order to pass an income tax after WWI. There is a clear opening to challenge the mandate tax as being unconstitutional, and the court would be forced to consider the case if it gets to it before any of the 4 judges who voted against Obamacare retire. They clearly challenged Roberts legal reasoning by pointing out that they never considered Obamacare as a tax matter, and no one knows what type of tax it is. Even Roberts acknowledged that in his decision.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back