My war with Paul supporters is over

Roberts upheld the Constitution yesterday and resisted the judicial activism which all conservatives profess to hate.

Court after court after court confirm that the Federal government has ridiculously broad taxing authority under the Constitution. I don't like it, but conservatives of all stripes need to admit it.

ObamaTax is a political matter, not a Constitutional one.

Rewriting a bill that never once said tax to make it a tax isnt upholding the constitution it is pissing on it.

Bingo! :clap2:

How so? Does Congress not have absurdly broad tax authority even though they mischaracterize (lie about) said taxation when they put together laws?

Roberts upheld the Constitution yesterday and resisted the judicial activism which all conservatives profess to hate.

Court after court after court confirm that the Federal government has ridiculously broad taxing authority under the Constitution. I don't like it, but conservatives of all stripes need to admit it.

When are you going to just come out and flip sides already? There is no doubt after this statement that you are truly a proggressive.

When are you going to just come out and flip sides already? There is no doubt after this statement that you are truly a proggressive.

I am progressive because I am pointing out that the flaw in our system is the overly broad tax authority the Federal government enjoys, which is confirmed by court after court after court?

I am progressive because I am pointing out that the flaw in our system is the overly broad tax authority the Federal government enjoys, which is confirmed by court after court after court?
We all already know that....Now it became even worse thanks to progressives like Roberts and Bush.

How so? Does Congress not have absurdly broad tax authority even though they mischaracterize (lie about) said taxation when they put together laws?

Except they went out of their way to tell us it wasnt it tax

Nobody is denying that the Leftist filth did not assrape the American public by changing their tune.

But if I may borrow a poker analogy, the cards play themselves.

You dont understand at all do you???? The Supreme court just rewrote a unconstitutional bill to make it constitutional and you think that okay cause now Congress can vote to repeal it??????This isnt a win. This is a lose- lose cause with this awesome ability you think we won they just handed more of our liberty over to the government. It is like saving $50 bucks by paying $1,000,000

We all already know that....Now it became even worse thanks to progressives like Roberts and Bush.

Again, if you want to pretend the Constitution does not grant the Federal government absurdly broad taxing authority - as confirmed by about 100 years of legislative abuse - I believe you are just pissing in the wind.

What is needed is a Constitutional amendment. And no, I am not holding my breath.

Except they went out of their way to tell us it wasnt it tax

Nobody is denying that the Leftist filth did not assrape the American public by changing their tune.

You dont understand at all do you???? The Supreme court just rewrote a unconstitutional bill to make it constitutional

Wrong. They said the bill was unConstitutional based on Commerce clause authority, but that it was Constitutional based on the absurd general power of the Fed to tax.

You dont understand at all do you???? The Supreme court just rewrote a unconstitutional bill to make it constitutional

Wrong. They said the bill was unConstitutional based on Commerce clause authority, but that it was Constitutional based on the absurd general power of the Fed to tax.

The bill wasnt a fucking tax! Why is that so hard for you to grasp?

No you are a progressive because you are preaching acceptance of this interpretation of the consitution. We don't need to accept anything, we need to make a stand and change it.

In fact, conservative leaders are pointing out it is the largest tax increase in history.

In fact, conservative leaders are pointing out it is the largest tax increase in history.

$95 a year on those who don't pick up health insurance is the "largest tax hike in history"???? LOL and I'll bet you're buying into that spin too

In its arguments the government argued that if the court could not see it as a penalty, then they could certainly leave it as a tax... That is what the court did. It was a political football punt- and it is frustrating- but it was a savvy move by Roberts. It allows for appeal.

I think sniperfire is right in that if Roberts had sided with the minority opinion it would have been a political activist move- if not in actuality, then in the minds of at least half of the American people.

Robert's gave two opportunities to conservatives. The power of repeal and the move for an amendment to limit the tax authority of Congress. The time has never been more ripe. We have a very clear decision to make about the direction of this country. Now is not the time to throw in the towel in angry defeat- but to reinvigorate the people to action.

No you are a progressive because you are preaching acceptance of this interpretation of the consitution. We don't need to accept anything, we need to make a stand and change it.

I actually reject the 'interpretation' but find that my opinion is in the decided minority based on the entire fucking history of the USA. At this point, I must admit I am wrong or at least can't change it.

As far as I am concerned, the absurdly broad tax powers granted the Federal gubmint is a fatal flaw in the Constitution.

Last edited:

$95 a year on those who don't pick up health insurance is the "largest tax hike in history"???? LOL and I'll bet you're buying into that spin too

How many million new people are mandated for the States to add to Medicaid, for example?

In its arguments the government argued that if the court could not see it as a penalty, then they could certainly leave it as a tax... That is what the court did. It was a political football punt- and it is frustrating- but it was a savvy move by Roberts. It allows for appeal.

I think sniperfire is right in that if Roberts had sided with the minority opinion it would have been a political activist move- if not in actuality, then in the minds of at least half of the American people.

Robert's gave two opportunities to conservatives. The power of repeal and the move for an amendment to limit the tax authority of Congress. The time has never been more ripe. We have a very clear decision to make about the direction of this country. Now is not the time to throw in the towel in angry defeat- but to reinvigorate the people to action.
So in your mind betraying the constitution and legislating from the bench is a savvy move?

This last couple of days has opened me up to things.....While I disagree staunchly with many things Paul does and I do not see him in rose colored glasses it is time I put the country first and politics last. We all know he isn't going to be the nominee and I doubt he will run third party but truthfully right now he doesn't matter.

Yesterday saw us as a nation become far less free then we use to be. Yesterday was a tremendous blow to liberty for all of us whether you believe it or not. Yesterday showed a need for a congress that wishes to preserve a republic and deny a democracy. Yesterday after the anger subsided some I started thinking clearly.

So today I put my hand out to those libertarians and Paul libertarians in a act of peace.....The liberal progressives believe we should compromise.....They are completely right. We need to compromise. The libertarians and conservatives need to compromise and move forward together on the things we have in common....Like smaller government....Less taxes....Fewer regulations...Most of all preserving this great nation as a Republic.

It is time we put away childish things. I am putting this many places to show as many as I can my conviction to saving our nation for our children.....

God bless the USA

All are welcome to join the Ron Paul Revolution. Glad to have ya onboard. Dr. Paul is the only Politician even worth listening to at this point. The rest are miserable liars & cheats. John Roberts a "Conservative?" Yeah right. Dr. Paul is honest & brave. You can count on him. Constitutional Conservatism is this Nation's only hope. This fight is very difficult though, and we're definitely vastly outnumbered. But we are making progress. So thank you for joining the fight. Welcome. :)

Do you have a problem with Gary Johnson?

Forum List

Back