My USMB Anniversary: 15 Years of Purgatory in the Dregs of the Interwebs

Today, February 12, 2022, I, boedicca, do solemnly admit that I have been a member of USMB for FIFTEEN YEARS.

I think I will celebrate with another cappuccino.
1644681216747.png

Con rum?

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Happy anniversary

I just committed suicide after reading that but I have been here eight years, so there is that!

This is the only social media I do, except for the obligatory profile in Linkedin.

No Fascistbook
No Twatter
No Instagram

I have regged at a few place, but USMB is my interwebs flophouse. Having been through a few boards from 2001-2006, I've seen them descend into mod-madness and banninations and eventually close down. USMB, despite its flaws, has largely avoided messageboard totalitarianism.

This is the only social media I do, except for the obligatory profile in Linkedin.

No Fascistbook
No Twatter
No Instagram

I have regged at a few place, but USMB is my interwebs flophouse. Having been through a few boards from 2001-2006, I've seen them descend into mod-madness and banninationsa and eventually close down. USMB, despite its flaws, has largely avoided messageboard totalitarianism.
This board is the only place I will play in because no matter what the Mods here are the best, well most, well some, oh crap here come Taz screaming again!

There have been some truly horrible mods here, but they've been outweighed by the decent sort.
WinterBorn gave up so fast after what I did, and I feel guilty because I liked him as a mod and I actually like Will, Taz, and so on no matter if I give will so much hell!

I can hear Will last words before he departs us and it will be “ Damn it Bruce! “…

Today, February 12, 2022, I, boedicca, do solemnly admit that I have been a member of USMB for FIFTEEN YEARS.

I think I will celebrate with another cappuccino.

Five more years and you qualify for a USMB Pension

I've taken some breaks to preserve my sanity as well.
Of course I've long since figured out the major portion of the board dynamics........
"My politician can beat up your politician! No, mine can beat up yours! You're a traitor! No, you're the traitor! You're evil! No you're evil! See what your side did! Well your side is worse!" Most of the "adults" on this board never grew emotionally past grade school....... :rofl:

Of course I've long since figured out the major portion of the board dynamics........
"My politician can beat up your politician! No, mine can beat up yours! You're a traitor! No, you're the traitor! You're evil! No you're evil! See what your side did! Well your side is worse!" Most of the "adults" on this board never grew emotionally past grade school....... :rofl:

I usually vote Libertarian and Green so my candidate can’t even steal a sucker from Maggie Simpson!

divide-and-conquer-cartoon-pinterest.jpg

It wasn't you, particularly. It was the whole lot of the nonsense.
Damn it man!

I failed again!

Anyhoo, there is a reason why only a select few can moderate this forum or any forum because let be truly honest, well there is a whole lot of retardation on this site that many would be driven mad…

Now behind the scenes is as bad as on the open board, so let be clear I truly do understand why you ran as fast as you could after seeing how this sausage was made but did you have to cry so hard when running?

( Ahhh, anyhoo congrats on the OP outlasting most that ever graced this insanity and hope you have another fifteen years and if I am around then know I will likely hang myself! )

Forum List

Back