My short term insurance did not cover physical therapy???

Quasar44

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
They denied my PT claims because it was preexisting??

Has anyone heard of such nonsense

I had to pay out like $ 1,500

Even worse the PT did zero to help

I just switched to United Healthcare

They denied my PT claims because it was preexisting??

Has anyone heard of such nonsense

I had to pay out like $ 1,500

Even worse the PT did zero to help

I just switched to United Healthcare
try running physical therapy as a "gym membership." a medicare advantage plan should cover that.

So let me interpret this: You signed up for a "short term" health insurance program because you knew that you had a condition that was going to require PT. The insurance carrier called your bluff, and said you can't do that.

As a lifetime amateur athlete I have had numerous sports-related injuries and been recommended for PT on maybe half a dozen instances. It was almost always the case that they gave me exercises and stretches to do - both hands on, and by copies of drawings of the exercises, with instructions.

There was never a need to go back more than once or twice. I could always just go to my gym and do it "for free."

Often the therapists only wanted to work with the high school cheerleaders who had leg injuries, if you know what I mean. For old guys like me they would show me something, and tell me to do if for a while, then they'd check back with me every 15 minutes or so. It was very expensive - paid by insurance, of course, but expensive.

Forum List

Back