My own dayum OP ED about politics

YoursTruly

Platinum Member
Dec 21, 2019
I'm a conservative who normally votes libertarian. I'm not a die hard libertarian because there's too many fake libertarians. And there's too many whacko libertarian supporters. Plus I don't have a "group mentality."

But let's get something straight. One reason people like Tulsi Gabbard are interesting (to say the least), along with people like Ron Paul and Justin Amash, is they're not scared to call out their own party, plus the other party when they need to be called out.

As it seems, the Republicans and democrats have been running this country for over 160 years now. Both sides have had their majorities. Both sides could've done some good for this country. And my "good," I don't mean these penny anti tax reductions. Spending decreases on one thing (while increasing something else 10 fold) I'm talking about actual good things. Like 50% tax reductions across the board. Spending decreases on things like foreign policy, bailouts, the MIC, and probably 1000 other things that could be cut. You know, things that actually have some bite. Ron Paul's 2012 budget proposal would've cut $1 trillion is NOW spending. Not 10 years, not 5 years. But not. And it didn't touch one dime of social security.

But when people who don't subscribe to the left or right's BS, they're deemed _________________< You fill in the blank with your own childishly irrelevant insult. And with people like me, who calls out both sides, we get attacked by both sides. I swear, both sides could be arguing about something (stupid) and get called out on it. Then suddenly the two sides are best friends and starts attacking the one that called them both out.

The point is. the R & D's like arguing so much, they don't even care about what they're arguing for/against. 90% of the R & D's who are arguing, didn't have a clue about Soleimani, until the news broke that he's been assassinated. Suddenly, the stupid left started screaming how great the guy was. And the stupid right started screaming how bad the guy was. When in reality, they didn't even know who he was.

Stupid stupid stupid. It reminds me of Gary Johnson "Aleppo" moment. The next week, Aleppo was the most searched word in the USA. But that didn't stop the left and right from bashing him about it.

You folks need a little Aloha spirit. Or a big Aloha kick in the butts to remind you that all this fighting between R & D voters, is only going to get us another president who's just as stupid as this one is, and the last, and the last and so forth and so on.

LET'S DANCE!!!!!!!!

Suddenly, the stupid left started screaming how great the guy was. And the stupid right started screaming how bad the guy was.

Who exactly said that he was a great guy? Must have missed that. I've heard a lot of Americans talk about the consequences of the targeted assassination of such a high level Iranian official. A lot of Trumpublicans want to blame Obama...of course, that's par for their course. But no one is calling him a great guy.

Suddenly, the stupid left started screaming how great the guy was. And the stupid right started screaming how bad the guy was.

Who exactly said that he was a great guy? Must have missed that. I've heard a lot of Americans talk about the consequences of the targeted assassination of such a high level Iranian official. A lot of Trumpublicans want to blame Obama...of course, that's par for their course. But no one is calling him a great guy.

"Great guy" wasn't an exact quote. Oh wait, I get it. You got the point of the OP ED. And you probably agreed with some of it. But your left/right leaning ideology won't let you admit it. So you pick out a word or two to argue about.

Does that pretty much sum it up?

A Texan once quipped that the only thing in the middle of the road are yellow lines and dead skunks

sitting on the fence or voting for third party losers accomplishes nothing

I'm a conservative who normally votes libertarian. I'm not a die hard libertarian because there's too many fake libertarians. And there's too many whacko libertarian supporters. Plus I don't have a "group mentality."

But let's get something straight. One reason people like Tulsi Gabbard are interesting (to say the least), along with people like Ron Paul and Justin Amash, is they're not scared to call out their own party, plus the other party when they need to be called out.

As it seems, the Republicans and democrats have been running this country for over 160 years now. Both sides have had their majorities. Both sides could've done some good for this country. And my "good," I don't mean these penny anti tax reductions. Spending decreases on one thing (while increasing something else 10 fold) I'm talking about actual good things. Like 50% tax reductions across the board. Spending decreases on things like foreign policy, bailouts, the MIC, and probably 1000 other things that could be cut. You know, things that actually have some bite. Ron Paul's 2012 budget proposal would've cut $1 trillion is NOW spending. Not 10 years, not 5 years. But not. And it didn't touch one dime of social security.

But when people who don't subscribe to the left or right's BS, they're deemed _________________< You fill in the blank with your own childishly irrelevant insult. And with people like me, who calls out both sides, we get attacked by both sides. I swear, both sides could be arguing about something (stupid) and get called out on it. Then suddenly the two sides are best friends and starts attacking the one that called them both out.

The point is. the R & D's like arguing so much, they don't even care about what they're arguing for/against. 90% of the R & D's who are arguing, didn't have a clue about Soleimani, until the news broke that he's been assassinated. Suddenly, the stupid left started screaming how great the guy was. And the stupid right started screaming how bad the guy was. When in reality, they didn't even know who he was.

Stupid stupid stupid. It reminds me of Gary Johnson "Aleppo" moment. The next week, Aleppo was the most searched word in the USA. But that didn't stop the left and right from bashing him about it.

You folks need a little Aloha spirit. Or a big Aloha kick in the butts to remind you that all this fighting between R & D voters, is only going to get us another president who's just as stupid as this one is, and the last, and the last and so forth and so on.

LET'S DANCE!!!!!!!!

Careful, some on this board will say you are really a lying Republican, with nothing to back it up, of course. Crepitus will say you love McCain or some shit.

He was no higher ranking than Admiral Yamamato of the Japanese navy in WWII

"Great guy" wasn't an exact quote. Oh wait, I get it. You got the point of the OP ED. And you probably agreed with some of it. But your left/right leaning ideology won't let you admit it. So you pick out a word or two to argue about.

No it doesn't sum it up at all. "Who is screaming how great the guy was?" I haven't seen that at all. All I've heard is talk about the consequences of the targeted assassination of such a high level Iranian official.

It's a simple question. Do you have an answer?

LET'S DANCE!!!!!!!!

Careful, some on this board will say you are really a lying Republican, with nothing to back it up, of course. Crepitus will say you love McCain or some shit.

If you vote republican, you are a republican. Doesn't matter how embarrassed you are to admit it.

LET'S DANCE!!!!!!!!

If you vote republican, you are a republican. Doesn't matter how embarrassed you are to admit it.

Whatever you say, you fucking brain surgeon.

So were people calling him a "great guy" when we shot his plane down in WWII? Was anyone worried that targeting him would increase hostilities between the US and Japan?

Nobody has even been anywhere in the neighborhood of calling him a 'great guy'. Which is what you need in order to force your point that both sides are equal, you literally had to lie to get there. Good job.

Until the Libertarian party starts running electable candidates in Congressional and Senate races, makes inroads into state legislatures, starts a real grassroots campaign in more localized elections, putting their policy views square into the public's eyes and quits running drooling idiots like Gary Johnson, we will for the time being stuck with a two party system.
For now they are just known as another pot legalization party.

1943 we were at war with Japan. What is wrong with you people?

A Texan once quipped that the only thing in the middle of the road are yellow lines and dead skunks

I didn't see anything in the OP but self-absorption, except the claim that no one knew who Soleimani was until he was dead.

I knew. Plenty knew. He was a murderous terrorist who needed to be blown up as soon as we had someone with the balls to do it.

Thats Don Trump.

When you are dealing with radicals and lunatics---like Adam Schiff for one example---if you are sitting on the fence, you are losing this Country---which with many faults (because all civilizations are subject to human nature)---is absolutely the greatest thus far conceived by humanity.

Maybe read some history. Previous great societies fell because of illegal invasion, rotting cities and the pussification of the population. Democrats are busy giving us those in spades. Time to fight; not compromise.

You're butt hurt now that your straw man has been called out so you're pretending you didn't make one.

1943 we were at war with Japan. What is wrong with you people?
We have been at war with iran since 1979

LET'S DANCE!!!!!!!!
Calling out their own kind!? I do all the time I say why aren’t we opening fire of invaders ? Why do we still have Muslims here trump!? We call him out all the time and all these things take time.. I believe over time as democrats get crushed republicans will implement things we really need

Forum List

Back