My New BFF

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
Caution' if you get bored by reading silly personal problems, please read no further.

I have a new friend who stays at my house every other weekend for the past few months. (We have a garage apt) She lives three hours away and is dating my husbands best friend. My husband does not approve of their relationship because she is still married and has two little kids.

She is coming tomorrow for three days, and my husband says I have to learn to say "no". I don't see any reason to.

Any Dear Abby's have any advice?

Sincerely,

The Yes Girl

Last edited:
so, this gal uses your house and husband's friend connection to pretend that she's not married? You are inviting drama into your house. I agree with your husband.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.................................................

Where do her hubby and kids think she is while she's playing?

Caution' if you get bored by reading silly personal problems, please read no further.

I have a new friend who stays at my house every other weekend for the past few months. (We have a garage apt) She lives three hours away and is dating my husbands best friend. My husband does not approve of their relationship because she is still married and has two little kids.

She is coming tomorrow for three days, and my husband says I have to learn to say "no". I don't see any reason to.

Sincerely,

The Yes Girl

Need more information.

How long has she been separated from her husband? Is her marriage really over? Where are her two little kids in all of this?

Sincerely,

The Yes Girl

My question is do you honestly want to get in the middle of the potential problems that could arise? I don't know what your friend's actual home situation is but you could be asking for trouble you don't want.

I have never met her husband. She says they are separated but share the same house until they figure out the divorce stuff. The husband knows she has a boyfriend. He watches the kids when she's here. I don't think she is deceiving anyone about that. What I didn't mention is that she got a part time job here and seems to be leaning towards relocating. Husbands best friend is not interested in getting married again and he really sucked at it the first time. My husband thibks its a drama that I shoukdnt be involved in. He also thinks I'm being used. I like both of them. Don't see it that way.

I have never met her husband. She says they are separated but share the same house until they figure out the divorce stuff. The husband knows she has a boyfriend. He watches the kids when she's here. I don't think she is deceiving anyone about that. What I didn't mention is that she got a part time job here and seems to be leaning towards relocating. Husbands best friend is not interested in getting married again and he really sucked at it the first time. My husband thibks its a drama that I shoukdnt be involved in. He also thinks I'm being used. I like both of them. Don't see it that way.

When and if the custody battle starts you are suddenly a material witness for her husband and it's possible you could even open yourself up for a civil suit. I've seen these things get downright nasty and believe me you do not want to be caught in the middle, think about the potential effect on your family and marrage. Be a friend, not an enabler.

*smacking you upside the head*...hello your new friend who is using you ...okay you may be good with it..but why? if the dude is that into her...let him provide a place to stay...why are you putting yourself out and another thing...its not just your place....if he says no...you should say no...that man will be there long after the "new friend" is gone.

Never let outsiders get in between family this way.

In the end you will be sorry.

She needs a place, pony up money for a motel.

So her husband and she are still living together. I was afraid of that. You just never know what might happen. I agree with the other posters. It's best to distance yourself from this.

All good points. And Bones I told my husband the same thing. "This is your place too If you don't want her here you say so!" He's as much of a sucker as me at times. Maybe he should have a talk with HIS friend.

Does the husband have a girlfriend?

Bad situation, I wouldn't bring that drama upon myself if I was you or her. She can mess around when and if she moves, or in her own town.

Update; hubbys friend just left. Says he's breaking up with her this weekend. Not interested in being with someone with little kids. There goes my fucking weekend! She's in love with him.

Doesn't sound like you care so much about what your husband thinks... How come? Isn't he more important to you than the friend who is using you to commit adultry?

My husband thibks its a drama that I shoukdnt be involved in. He also thinks I'm being used. I like both of them. Don't see it that way.

I agree with your husband. You have no business being a go-between for anyone elses relationship. And if your "friend" were a real friend, she wouldn't put you in this situation.

Wow you guys are brutally honest. I appreciate that. It should be over this weekend I think.

And big black dog - you may be right. I don't listen to my husband much. He's usually wrong. Lol

Wow you guys are brutally honest. I appreciate that. It should be over this weekend I think.

And big black dog - you may be right. I don't listen to my husband much. He's usually wrong. Lol
dang
thats not saying much for you
but i agree with what most have said here, you are opening yourself up to drama you REALLY dont want

Forum List

Back