My New Baby

Cecilie1200

Diamond Member
Nov 15, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Okay, I'm home from the hospital and finally have everything settled around here enough to post again.

I am proud to announce that as of 4:41 Arizona time, Monday, January 19, 2009, I have a new baby boy, Quinlan. He weighed 9 pounds 6.2 ounces, was 20 1/2 inches long, and is in perfect health. The labor was induced, took about 9 hours from the start of medication, and no caesarean was required (a lot of people ask this, and I'm not sure why. I suppose they think he was a big baby). I opted for an epidural, which I highly recommend, and while sore and easily tired out, I have been feeling quite good and energetic overall since Tuesday.

Quinn has sandy brown hair, not particularly thick, and big fat chipmunk cheeks. He sleeps a great deal without fussing, and so far doesn't cry unless he specifically wants something. Sometimes, what he's crying for is simply to be held, because he's quite the cuddle-bunny. Fortunately, he has no shortage of people waiting in line to hold him, just as soon as they can pry him out of his daddy's hands. :)

Okay, I'm home from the hospital and finally have everything settled around here enough to post again.

I am proud to announce that as of 4:41 Arizona time, Monday, January 19, 2009, I have a new baby boy, Quinlan. He weighed 9 pounds 6.2 ounces, was 20 1/2 inches long, and is in perfect health. The labor was induced, took about 9 hours from the start of medication, and no caesarean was required (a lot of people ask this, and I'm not sure why. I suppose they think he was a big baby). I opted for an epidural, which I highly recommend, and while sore and easily tired out, I have been feeling quite good and energetic overall since Tuesday.

Quinn has sandy brown hair, not particularly thick, and big fat chipmunk cheeks. He sleeps a great deal without fussing, and so far doesn't cry unless he specifically wants something. Sometimes, what he's crying for is simply to be held, because he's quite the cuddle-bunny. Fortunately, he has no shortage of people waiting in line to hold him, just as soon as they can pry him out of his daddy's hands. :)

CONGRATS !!!!!! We have been thinknig about you !!!!!:clap2::clap2::clap2:

9 pounds?? That's a BIG HEALTHY BABY!!! WHOO HOO!!!!!

On behalf of all of the Jews on this board, MAZEL TOV!

9 pounds?? That's a BIG HEALTHY BABY!!! WHOO HOO!!!!!

On behalf of all of the Jews on this board, MAZEL TOV!

Thanks. Although truth to tell, in my family, Quinn is kinda runty (not that we aren't going to keep the poor, puny thing, anyway ;) ). His older brother was 10 1/2 pounds, as was I, my older brother was 11, my dad 12, and one of his sisters 13. The only underweight baby I can recall in my family in generations was my oldest brother, who was born premature after my mom fell down a flight of stairs. We prefer to give birth to toddlers who can practically walk out to the car when it's time to go home. :)

Click the picture:

$new_baby_graphics_03.gif

That is cool, congrats!
I love the way they smell in the beginning which might sound wierd!
I am glad everything is good and I hope you get to take many naps!

How sweet that you're sharing your joy in your growing family. Thank you.

SkyDancer??? have you been reincarnated?

Welcome Jalu, you remind me of a previous poster that many of us miss....SkyDancer!

Congratulations to you and your family, Cecile!

I had been thinking about you and your baby. I'm glad he is healthy.

Grats! Enjoy your sleepless nights and 4am feedings :)

One of the benefits of a surprise late-life pregnancy is that I have an extra person in the house who's old enough to pitch in with that. My 13-year-old son is enthusiastically learning everything he can about taking care of babies, and is meanwhile working very hard to help take care of me while I take care of Quinn.

I'm so proud of Nicky, by the way. Our water heater decided to go belly-up and is being replaced, so we have no hot water at the moment. I woke up from a nap yesterday to Quinn crying for a bottle. Still quite fuzzyheaded from the sleep and not real swift on the uptake, I was trying to decide the fastest way to get his formula warm. You can't microwave it, obviously, because it can make hot spots in the liquid and burn the baby's mouth. Normally, I would just mix the powder with warm water. Nicky whipped a bowl of water into the microwave, got it hot, and popped the bottle into it, which is what I would have done eventually as soon as my brain got a few more cylinders kicking.

Cecille,

Congratulations. There is nothing like a baby to make the world look hopeful.

I wish your family all the joys that come with this beautiful blessing.

got o babies r us and buy one of those elctrcial bottle warmers...they r great, I had one for the house and another one for the car you plug into the ciggerate lighter

got o babies r us and buy one of those elctrcial bottle warmers...they r great, I had one for the house and another one for the car you plug into the ciggerate lighter

My plan is to buy a new water heater. :(

On the bright side, my husband got his W-2 yesterday, and since that was all we required to do our taxes, he whipped them out online and sent them off. The IRS should have them Friday, and we should have our money in our account 8-14 days after that.

We're looking at a tankless water heater. My newly-minted teenager has discovered the joys of showers, and no one else was getting any hot water even before the heater died. Anyone out there have one and know something about it?

Thanks. Although truth to tell, in my family, Quinn is kinda runty (not that we aren't going to keep the poor, puny thing, anyway ;) ). His older brother was 10 1/2 pounds, as was I, my older brother was 11, my dad 12, and one of his sisters 13. The only underweight baby I can recall in my family in generations was my oldest brother, who was born premature after my mom fell down a flight of stairs. We prefer to give birth to toddlers who can practically walk out to the car when it's time to go home. :)

Interesting. I was born 8 pounds 6 ounces almost 30 years ago and I was told that that was a big baby.... I'm 6'1 and 280 lbs. Ain't nuthin small on me.

tankless heaters are th ebest....I got one and have had no problems with it, and never run out of hot water

Interesting. I was born 8 pounds 6 ounces almost 30 years ago and I was told that that was a big baby.... I'm 6'1 and 280 lbs. Ain't nuthin small on me.

For most people, 8 pounds and up IS a big baby. Especially nowadays, when women don't seem to be built for childbearing. The women in my family, however, are born to be baby factories, and routinely spit out 10-pounders like watermelon seeds. My obstetrician commented more than once that he has patients half my age (I'm 40) who wish they were having as easy a pregnancy and delivery as mine. I tried very hard to keep reminding myself of that the last month or so, when I was ready to squirt him out of my left nostril just to have it over with.

Forum List

Back