My life has just changed

Truthmatters

Diamond Member
May 10, 2007
I have been shopping the pound for the right pet lately and on wednesday I found a handsome blue merle, 8 month old australian shepard. I decided he was the just the boy to fill out my family and adopted him. I did the paper work and paid the fee and he could not come home with me because he had to be fixed. So I walked out without being able to take him home yet.

I was walking to my care and a couple was carrying the most beautiful tri color Australian shepard girl. I asked to pet her and was telling them what a beautiiful puppy they had when they told me they were there to drop her off because they found her as a stray. They told me I could have her if I wanted her.

I held this little girl and her personality was so wonderful I could never hand her back. I looked at the couple and said "your done, You dont even have to go inside because I will take her". So I drove home and introduced her to my 1 1/2 border collie / bernese mountain dog mix you see pictured in my avatar. Yeap that cute little black and white dog in the picture is now 85 lbs.
The two ogt along very well for their age differance and I could tell all would be fine.

Yesterday I picked up my sweet blue merle boy and sweet talked him all the way home. I kept repeting my chosen name for him intespersed all through my littl conversation with him. It was a 20 minute drive and being an aussie (very smart dogs) he knew his new name by the time we were home.

The introductions went like butter and now I have three dogs.

I have a 3 month old girl tri aussie, an 8 month old merle aussie boy and a 1 1/2 year old border collie/ benese mountain dog boy.

Needless to say I am going to be walking, ball throwing, dog parking whirlwind for quite some time to come.

I cant think of anything more fun for me right now in my life than paying these hairy monsters massive attention and constantly working to blend my little pack into a wonderful muttly crew.

I will try and figure out how to post a pic or two for you guys.

I just wanted you all to know why I am not here as much as I used to be.

Yes my life has changed this week and it is sooo much for the better.

That's a lot of dogs.

I have one terrier who is not very good with other dogs...right now my son is visiting, with his huge hound and german shepherd pup and I LOVE having them. I'm gone at work and he's home with the dogs and when I get home, my dog is mellow and relaxed cuz she's had attention all day!

• Banned
I have never done three dogs but I have done two dogs.

It is one of the cool things about more than one that they wear each other out playing.

Terriers are determined little guys but will learn and it sounds like your guy is learning to play with other dogs.

They are so much happier when they can play with other dogs well.

Its so sweet to see them lounging together after a good play session.

At least we love dogs AB , that is one thing we CAN agree on.

:clap2: Well TM.... you have a heart of gold. That cant be denied.
We dont see eye to eye on much, but when it comes to animals.... we are kindred spirits, b/c I love cats and dogs too.
My wife and I adopted a 14 yr old lab a few months ago, and the short time we enjoyed with him will last a lifetime (he died recently).

Kuddos, and keep us updated on your new lil family of pups.

My dog is okay if the other dog doesn't kill her when she nuts out...but that's always the concern and why I'm really careful about other dogs. My boy doesn't keep them together all day, it's too much work to have to constantly monitor them, because besides Mylo's antagonism, the puppy is a dominant, big pup and doesn't know his strength. But it's fun, we can handle it.

I've had three dogs before...my mom always told me, 1 dog is a dog, 2 dogs is half a dog, and 3 dogs is no dog at all! Lol...it is sort of true, they are more concerned about the pack than any individual.o
Have fun! I owe you pos rep, I've given out too much right now!

Congratulations

I have a 14 month old tri-color female Aussie. You will find them to be very close in temprement to a Border Collie. Dogs are smart as hell and at times too damn smart

Good luck

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Oh, how lucky you are TM! You got a two-fer with the little one. Right place, right time. Fantastic!

Have great loads of fun with your dogs. I love Aussies. Post pics please!

I love Aussies.

I had a beautiful Aussie/Sheltie cross, she was the most beautiful dog I think I've ever seen. She was also a blue merle, with one blue eye; all her white hairs were tipped with silver.

I've also had border collies. I don't find them to have the same personality, aside from the herding. Border collies are a lot more eager and aggressive in personality than any of the Aussies I've been around. I've never had a problem with keeping Aussies in the house; but a dog with any BC in him at all needs lots and lots of outside time. Lots. And lots. And stuff to do inside, too.

:clap2: Well TM.... you have a heart of gold. That cant be denied.
We dont see eye to eye on much, but when it comes to animals.... we are kindred spirits, b/c I love cats and dogs too.
My wife and I adopted a 14 yr old lab a few months ago, and the short time we enjoyed with him will last a lifetime (he died recently).

Kuddos, and keep us updated on your new lil family of pups.

You da man.

There is a special kind of person who adopts old dogs.

Giving them a peaceful and comfortable last days is an awesome gift.

My dog is okay if the other dog doesn't kill her when she nuts out...but that's always the concern and why I'm really careful about other dogs. My boy doesn't keep them together all day, it's too much work to have to constantly monitor them, because besides Mylo's antagonism, the puppy is a dominant, big pup and doesn't know his strength. But it's fun, we can handle it.

I've had three dogs before...my mom always told me, 1 dog is a dog, 2 dogs is half a dog, and 3 dogs is no dog at all! Lol...it is sort of true, they are more concerned about the pack than any individual.o
Have fun! I owe you pos rep, I've given out too much right now!

Its all about making sure you are the pack leader.

Having the monopoly of being the only one of us who can drive a car to the store for food gives me a real head start.

In a pack of dogs the top alpha tells everyone what they can do from eating to sleeping.

Give them rules to follow ( espcially very smart ones like hearding dogs) and be consistant and firm with lots of love as rewards.

Im home all day and can supervise this much poundage of houndage so its all good.

Congratulations on the new hound doggies... We have 3 dogs. Two beagles and a Chihuahua. Life is good with 3 dogs. Hope you will enjoy them all for years to come.

Congratulations

I have a 14 month old tri-color female Aussie. You will find them to be very close in temprement to a Border Collie. Dogs are smart as hell and at times too damn smart

Good luck

They are wonderful dogs.

I used to have one for 14 years and she died a couple of years ago.

If you keep an eye out on commercials you will see that MANY commercials use aussies and border collies in them.

They are both just beautiful animals.

My last aussie was a pound puppy too and she was nearly all black with a few white toes and a little white on her chest.

She had prick ears( standing straight up) instead of folded ones and in a breeding world (if she was a pure aussie) she would have been likely put down because they consider prick ears a major breed flaw.

She was the smartest dog I ever met. She introduced me to my perfect breed grouping which is herding dogs.

They are not for the person who invisions a dog laying by the fire while they watch TV.

They are for the person who wants the dog to be their constant companion who insists you play ball or frizbee, enjoy a good long hike and visit the dog park so much everyone knows yours and their names.

You sound like me, a person who relishes this type of relationship with a creature.

Its been two days and I cant envision how I lived without them before.

Congratulations on the new hound doggies... We have 3 dogs. Two beagles and a Chihuahua. Life is good with 3 dogs. Hope you will enjoy them all for years to come.

from your mouth to my hubbys ears.

He is getting won over by the pure sweetness of both the puppys.

The second one ( the little girl) wasnt planned and he loves to plan.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Oh, how lucky you are TM! You got a two-fer with the little one. Right place, right time. Fantastic!

Have great loads of fun with your dogs. I love Aussies. Post pics please!

Thank you , I am in puppy heaven now.

I love Aussies.

I had a beautiful Aussie/Sheltie cross, she was the most beautiful dog I think I've ever seen. She was also a blue merle, with one blue eye; all her white hairs were tipped with silver.

I've also had border collies. I don't find them to have the same personality, aside from the herding. Border collies are a lot more eager and aggressive in personality than any of the Aussies I've been around. I've never had a problem with keeping Aussies in the house; but a dog with any BC in him at all needs lots and lots of outside time. Lots. And lots. And stuff to do inside, too.

They are truely just visually gorgeous.

The great bonus is they are also VERY smart and love their people.

Borders are so damned smart they almost dont need you.

Congratulations

Good luck

They are wonderful dogs.

I used to have one for 14 years and she died a couple of years ago.

If you keep an eye out on commercials you will see that MANY commercials use aussies and border collies in them.

They are both just beautiful animals.

My last aussie was a pound puppy too and she was nearly all black with a few white toes and a little white on her chest.

She had prick ears( standing straight up) instead of folded ones and in a breeding world (if she was a pure aussie) she would have been likely put down because they consider prick ears a major breed flaw.

She was the smartest dog I ever met. She introduced me to my perfect breed grouping which is herding dogs.

They are not for the person who invisions a dog laying by the fire while they watch TV.

They are for the person who wants the dog to be their constant companion who insists you play ball or frizbee, enjoy a good long hike and visit the dog park so much everyone knows yours and their names.

You sound like me, a person who relishes this type of relationship with a creature.

Its been two days and I cant envision how I lived without them before.

Incredibly smart but the herding instinct gets to be a bit much. They have to herd SOMETHING. My previous Aussie would herd the kids to bed and then bark at them if they got up. She would herd me off to work and the kids off to school. This one knows when it is a weekend vs a work day and acts accordingly.
She is very schedule oriented and gets upset if you try to change the routine.

Forum List

Back