My life has just changed

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Truthmatters, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    I have been shopping the pound for the right pet lately and on wednesday I found a handsome blue merle, 8 month old australian shepard. I decided he was the just the boy to fill out my family and adopted him. I did the paper work and paid the fee and he could not come home with me because he had to be fixed. So I walked out without being able to take him home yet.

I was walking to my care and a couple was carrying the most beautiful tri color Australian shepard girl. I asked to pet her and was telling them what a beautiiful puppy they had when they told me they were there to drop her off because they found her as a stray. They told me I could have her if I wanted her.

I held this little girl and her personality was so wonderful I could never hand her back. I looked at the couple and said "your done, You dont even have to go inside because I will take her". So I drove home and introduced her to my 1 1/2 border collie / bernese mountain dog mix you see pictured in my avatar. Yeap that cute little black and white dog in the picture is now 85 lbs.
    The two ogt along very well for their age differance and I could tell all would be fine.

Yesterday I picked up my sweet blue merle boy and sweet talked him all the way home. I kept repeting my chosen name for him intespersed all through my littl conversation with him. It was a 20 minute drive and being an aussie (very smart dogs) he knew his new name by the time we were home.

The introductions went like butter and now I have three dogs.

I have a 3 month old girl tri aussie, an 8 month old merle aussie boy and a 1 1/2 year old border collie/ benese mountain dog boy.

Needless to say I am going to be walking, ball throwing, dog parking whirlwind for quite some time to come.

I cant think of anything more fun for me right now in my life than paying these hairy monsters massive attention and constantly working to blend my little pack into a wonderful muttly crew.

I will try and figure out how to post a pic or two for you guys.

I just wanted you all to know why I am not here as much as I used to be.

Yes my life has changed this week and it is sooo much for the better.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 7
  2. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    That's a lot of dogs.

I have one terrier who is not very good with other dogs...right now my son is visiting, with his huge hound and german shepherd pup and I LOVE having them. I'm gone at work and he's home with the dogs and when I get home, my dog is mellow and relaxed cuz she's had attention all day!

3. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    I have never done three dogs but I have done two dogs.

It is one of the cool things about more than one that they wear each other out playing.

Terriers are determined little guys but will learn and it sounds like your guy is learning to play with other dogs.

They are so much happier when they can play with other dogs well.

Its so sweet to see them lounging together after a good play session.

At least we love dogs AB , that is one thing we CAN agree on.

4. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Congrats TM. Nice additions to the family. I look forward to seeing some pics.

5. The Infidel

The Infidel EVIL CONSERVATIVE

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,173
    :clap2: Well TM.... you have a heart of gold. That cant be denied.
    We dont see eye to eye on much, but when it comes to animals.... we are kindred spirits, b/c I love cats and dogs too.
    My wife and I adopted a 14 yr old lab a few months ago, and the short time we enjoyed with him will last a lifetime (he died recently).

Kuddos, and keep us updated on your new lil family of pups.

6. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    My dog is okay if the other dog doesn't kill her when she nuts out...but that's always the concern and why I'm really careful about other dogs. My boy doesn't keep them together all day, it's too much work to have to constantly monitor them, because besides Mylo's antagonism, the puppy is a dominant, big pup and doesn't know his strength. But it's fun, we can handle it.

I've had three dogs before...my mom always told me, 1 dog is a dog, 2 dogs is half a dog, and 3 dogs is no dog at all! Lol...it is sort of true, they are more concerned about the pack than any individual.o
    Have fun! I owe you pos rep, I've given out too much right now!

7. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,307
    Beautiful story, TM! (Should I give her a positive rep for that post? Well of course I should and you should, too!)

8. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    I will, I will..I just can't yet!

9. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,540
    Congratulations

I have a 14 month old tri-color female Aussie. You will find them to be very close in temprement to a Border Collie. Dogs are smart as hell and at times too damn smart

Good luck

10. Zoom-boing

Zoom-boing Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,130
    :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Oh, how lucky you are TM! You got a two-fer with the little one. Right place, right time. Fantastic!

Have great loads of fun with your dogs. I love Aussies. Post pics please!