Sleeping With Your Pets Can Be Unhealthy

Shadow

Silver Member
Aug 16, 2008
Land Of Enchantment
Sleeping With Your Pets Can Be Unhealthy, Study Says

CHICAGO (CBS) – Do you let your pet sleep with you? It could be hazardous to your health.

Sound crazy? A new study says a surprising number of people allow their pets to curl up with them, and it could actually be risky. But are the new findings overblown? What dangers could you face from close contact with your pets?

Sleeping With Your Pets Can Be Unhealthy, Study Says « CBS Chicago

I am glad you found this before Xtoxi. Can't be any worse than smoking or drinking, and emotionally it might balance out and be a positive.

Yes......thousands of people die each year from sleeping with their pets

If their pet is a Grizzly Bear

• Banned
I am glad you found this before Xtoxi. Can't be any worse than smoking or drinking, and emotionally it might balance out and be a positive.

Right...I think they are mostly concerned with parasites. And with yearly check ups and other preventable drugs that are available this shouldn't be too much of a problem. Here is an article on the other side of this debate...

My Pet World: Sleeping with pets has more benefits than risks, in most cases

"I can tell you humans have shared their sleeping spaces with dogs (actually ancestors of today's dogs) since the Stone Age," Kornegay says. "The human/animal bond has more benefits than potential risks, which are minimized with regular veterinary exams".

My Pet World: Sleeping with pets has more benefits than risks, in most cases - TwinCities.com

dogs have been licking their owners since domestication, I think we have probably built up a pretty good immune system by now......a freak disease? sure, but come on.

I sense a new safe sex campaign coming on.

If you sleep with a person without a condom, then it's like you're sleeping with all the people that that person slept with, and all the people those people slept with, and somewhere along the line, one of those people got a disease from sleeping with their dog.

Are bestiality jokes ever not tasteless? :eusa_think:

Im just glad this 185 lb beast lets me sleep in his bed.

zlzqlk.jpg

dogs are too big to sleep on bed...2 cats come and go...well till they wake up hubby then they go....but then the cats sleep on us....all day long...i assure you they see an empty lap as a simple challenge

Forum List

Back