My Favorite Lines From Obama's Speech

Orange_Juice

Jul 24, 2008
We will restore science to its rightful place, and wield technology's wonders to raise health care's quality and lower its cost. We will harness the sun and the winds and the soil to fuel our cars and run our factories. And we will transform our schools and colleges and universities to meet the demands of a new age. All this we can do. And all this we will do
:clap2:

What the cynics fail to understand is that the ground has shifted beneath them - that the stale political arguments that have consumed us for so long no longer apply. The question we ask today is not whether our government is too big or too small, but whether it works - whether it helps families find jobs at a decent wage, care they can afford, a retirement that is dignified.

The anarchists must be on suicide watch now!

Nor is the question before us whether the market is a force for good or ill. Its power to generate wealth and expand freedom is unmatched...

Oh, but I thought he was a communist?

And the best line of all:

We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus - and non-believers.

Non-believers??? Oh, to hear an American President say that warmed my heart! We belong, too!!! :clap2:

Exactly. I'm just tired of hearing the crap. This is the US. EVERYONE is supposed to belong. Getting giddy for having your group mentioned is ridiculous.

I think you underestimate how NOT belonging so many of us were made to feel for the last eight years. so if people feel included now, I think that's great.

I'll be Obama'd out soon, I'm sure. That said... best line?

(paraphrasing....) we'll give you our hand if you unclench your fist.

My favorite quote of the day....

"Bush used FEAR to exploit PATRIOTISM in order to stifle DISSENT."

:clap2:

The anarchists must be on suicide watch now!

Oh, but I thought he was a communist?

And the best line of all:

Non-believers??? Oh, to hear an American President say that warmed my heart! We belong, too!!! :clap2:

Yeah, yeah my boxers got all warm and sticky too .............. now what do we do?

I mean Bush is gone, the neocons can't do shit in the house and senate, Obama actually starts work in the morning!

So now what do we do?

Savor the warm and sticky shorts maybe?

Chief Justice Roberts: Knock, knock.

Barack Obama: Who's there?

Chief Justice Roberts: Kenya.

Barack Obama: Kenya who?

Chief Justice Roberts: Kenya show me your birth certificate before you're sworn in?

William Shatner attended Obama's inaugural ball. After taking a quick look around he got on his communicator and commanded, "Beam me up, Scotty. There's no intelligent life down here."

Q. Why did George Bush declare a state of emergency for Barack Obama's inauguration?

A. Because everyone knows it's a national disaster.

Could someone PLEASE explain to this dip shit that the campaign's over, he successfully bought the Presidency with Soros's money, It's time to explain to us how he is going to CHANGE the "greatest country in the world". I HOPE he can explain what Soros wants him to do to our country.

Could someone PLEASE explain to this dip shit that the campaign's over, he successfully bought the Presidency with Soros's money, It's time to explain to us how he is going to CHANGE the "greatest country in the world". I HOPE he can explain what Soros wants him to do to our country.

You are possibly the stupidest poster I have ever come across.

Q. Why did George Bush declare a state of emergency for Barack Obama's inauguration?

Bush Presidential Library

There's a show on C-SPAN about presidential libraries. Here're what the draft plans for the George W. Bush Library now call for:

The Alberto Gonzales Room - Where you can't remember any of the exhibits.

The Hurricane Katrina Room - It's still under construction.

The Texas Air National Guard Room - Where you don't have to even show up.

The Walter Reed Hospital Room - Where they don't let you in.

The Guantanamo Bay Room - Where they don't let you out.

The Weapons of Mass Destruction Room - Nobody has been able to find it.

The War in Iraq Room - After you complete your first tour, they can force you to go back for your second and third and fourth and fifth tours.

The K-Street Project Gift Shop - Where you can buy an election, or, if no one cares, steal one.

The Men's Room - Where you could meet a Republican Senator (or two).

To be fair, the President has done some good things, and so the museum will have an electron microscope to help you locate them.

Donald Rumsfeld is giving the president his daily briefing. He concludes by saying: "Yesterday, 3 Brazilian soldiers were killed."

"OH NO!" the President exclaims. "That's terrible!"

His staff sits stunned at this display of emotion, nervously watching as the President sits, head in hands.

Finally, the President looks up and asks, "How many is a brazillion?"

everyone? you mean the 80% of people who approve of him right now? or the 20% wingnuts, conspiracy theorists, anarachists and assorted others who haven't stopped whining?

:lol:

Bush Presidential Library

There's a show on C-SPAN about presidential libraries. Here're what the draft plans for the George W. Bush Library now call for:

The Alberto Gonzales Room - Where you can't remember any of the exhibits.

The Hurricane Katrina Room - It's still under construction.

The Texas Air National Guard Room - Where you don't have to even show up.

The Walter Reed Hospital Room - Where they don't let you in.

The Guantanamo Bay Room - Where they don't let you out.

The Weapons of Mass Destruction Room - Nobody has been able to find it.

The War in Iraq Room - After you complete your first tour, they can force you to go back for your second and third and fourth and fifth tours.

The K-Street Project Gift Shop - Where you can buy an election, or, if no one cares, steal one.

The Men's Room - Where you could meet a Republican Senator (or two).

To be fair, the President has done some good things, and so the museum will have an electron microscope to help you locate them.

Donald Rumsfeld is giving the president his daily briefing. He concludes by saying: "Yesterday, 3 Brazilian soldiers were killed."

"OH NO!" the President exclaims. "That's terrible!"

His staff sits stunned at this display of emotion, nervously watching as the President sits, head in hands.

Finally, the President looks up and asks, "How many is a brazillion?"

ROTFLMAO!!! :clap2:

You are possibly the stupidest poster I have ever come across.

This coming from the guy who didn't like my response on teenager opinions on Obama's Presidency calling me an "ignorant twat" I believe. That wasn't exactly what I'd call a response from the epitome of intelligence to be honest with you.

Forum List

Back