My 12-year-old nephew has decided to reject Islam

I think it proves that Islam will have a hard time surviving in the United States, where Muslim-raised children are exposed to people of other faiths and other ideas. Intellectually, Islam is bankrupt. The only way it can thrive is in the absence of competing information.

Well if you want to discuss intellect then religion as a whole will die out soon. Islam and Christianity basically preach the same thing which is to rely on faith, rather than cold hard facts. I am a religious person but I recognize religion isn't based on any evidence or intellect. It is solely based on faith that a God exist and the religious text (whether it is bible, quran or Torah) is divine revelation.

But back to the discussion.

Islam has and will continue to survive in the US. Myself and the other millions of people born and raised as muslims have kept our faith. Many of us are educated and have been exposed to a range of religions. Especially since many Muslim children attend Catholic school and other non Islamic schools.

Many Muslim's like myself are children of converts so our entire families aren't even Muslim's which exposes us to different faiths. My maternal grandparents are practicing Catholics and my paternal grandparents are Methodist.

This whole argument that Muslim children aren't exposed to other faiths is weak.

And the Muslim's that do leave Islam generally do not join any other faith. They leave religion altogether.

If I were to leave islam I would definitely be an agnostic or atheist.

Lakhota, your "funny" rating is really pathetic. If you have something to say, say it.
This bullshit does not belong in politics
Complain to the moderators, then.
I did.

Read the fucking rules idiot.
Grandpa, it sounds like you're mentally distressed with what I'm saying.
Gramps is just mentally distressed, period.

I think it proves that Islam will have a hard time surviving in the United States, where Muslim-raised children are exposed to people of other faiths and other ideas. Intellectually, Islam is bankrupt. The only way it can thrive is in the absence of competing information.

Well if you want to discuss intellect then religion as a whole will die out soon. Islam and Christianity basically preach the same thing which is to rely on faith, rather than cold hard facts. I am a religious person but I recognize religion isn't based on any evidence or intellect. It is solely based on faith that a God exist and the religious text (whether it is bible, quran or Torah) is divine revelation.

Islam has and will continue to survive in the US. Myself and the other millions of people born and raised as muslims have kept our faith. Many of us are educated and have been exposed to a range of religions. Especially since many Muslim children attend Catholic school and other non Islamic schools.

Many Muslim's like myself are children of converts so our entire families aren't even Muslim's which exposes us to different faiths. My maternal grandparents are practicing Catholics and my paternal grandparents are Methodist.

This whole argument that Muslim children aren't exposed to other faiths is weak.

And the Muslim's that do leave Islam generally do not join any other faith. They leave religion altogether.

Who made the argument that muslim children aren't exposed to other faiths?

I missed it.

And of course..they aren't exposed to other faiths in muslim countries.

Lakhota, your "funny" rating is really pathetic. If you have something to say, say it.
I did.

What it sound like is that you have no grasp on the rules. Go sell this child's play nonsense to another fool in a NON POLITICAL FORUM.

Your intent with this thread was clear. Insult the Muslims. My intention should be equally clear......YOUR ALL IDIOTS

My father, who has two PhD's in math and computer science, told me that an intelligent person, who conducts an honest investigation into all religions and philosophies, will find only two that he could possibly believe in: Roman Catholicism or agnosticism. All other religions and philosophies have logical errors that will confound an intelligent person who conducts an honest investigation.
So your father, with two phd's, couldn't figure out the Christians & Catholics are blowing smoke up his ass like every other fake ass religion/God?

Lol
Read about the miracle of the sun at Fatima.
Read about the miracle of the bird at Grampa Murked U's house. I'm sharing it with you right now in fact....
The typical reaction is to refuse to look at the evidence presented that God exists, and then complain we have no evidence that God exists.
Fuck you.

Preach this crock of shit to some fool in a forum designed for crocks of shit.
Grandpa, normally I respect your input, but right now you're acting like your 12-year-old grandson kicked you off the laptop and is typing these responses. What have I said to offend you so greatly?

I did.

What it sound like is that you have no grasp on the rules. Go sell this child's play nonsense to another fool in a NON POLITICAL FORUM.

Your intent with this thread was clear. Insult the Muslims. My intention should be equally clear......YOUR ALL IDIOTS
I did not insult Muslims in this thread, I just conveyed, word for word what my nephew told us in making his decision that Islam is a religion he no longer wishes to believe in.

I missed it.

The poster I quoted said that the only way Islam can survive is the lack of exposure to other beliefs.

The poster I quoted was talking about Muslim children in the united states.

Black, I am surprised that you have not yet told us about your grandniece who is a core member of the"ISIS for Jesus" movement. We are all waiting for the part where she throws off her head scarf and kneels in front of the Our Lady of the Guadalupe shrine, and vows to crawl over broken glass until her dandruff miraculously disappears.

So your father, with two phd's, couldn't figure out the Christians & Catholics are blowing smoke up his ass like every other fake ass religion/God?

Lol
Read about the miracle of the bird at Grampa Murked U's house. I'm sharing it with you right now in fact....
The typical reaction is to refuse to look at the evidence presented that God exists, and then complain we have no evidence that God exists.
Fuck you.

Grandpa, normally I respect your input, but right now you're acting like your 12-year-old grandson kicked you off the laptop and is typing these responses. What have I said to offend you so greatly?
You are trying to mix religion into politics. It doesn't belong.
And if you think I'm some kind of anti Christian bigot I challenge you to goto the religion forum, where this belongs, and quote me denigrating ANY religion.
I respect your choice to believe whatever the hell you want. I don't respect your choice to push it into the political realm.

I did.

I did not insult Muslims in this thread, I just conveyed, word for word what my nephew told us in making his decision that Islam is a religion he no longer wishes to believe in.
And that has what to do with political discourse?

I disagree when you say religion isn't based on evidence or intellect. I am a lawyer, and after attending two years of law school, I used the skills they taught me to gather evidence about Christianity and make up my own mind whether or not to believe it. After conducting an investigation, I made the rational decision that Christianity was true, and that among the Christian denominations, the Roman Catholic denomination was the most true.

My faith was stronger, not weaker, after making this investigation, which I did at the prompting of my desire to save my marriage, which I felt was suffering from some deficiency in my character, caused by my indifference to my faith.

The thing I always say, because the evidence is so strong and indisputable, is that non-believers should examine for themselves the facts and circumstances of the miracle of the sun at Fatima.

While there have probably been many millions of miracles in human history, and more miracles every day, the Fatima miracle is the best documented as there were newspaper reporters covering the event, and 70,000 witnesses.

This miracle did not occur in some distant past of mythology and legend, it happened in the early 20th century. The miracle, once believed, is proof beyond a reasonable doubt that God is real, the Roman Catholic faith is the true faith, and that Mary intercedes in the world for mankind.

The typical reaction on non-Catholics is to refuse to look at this miracle, all while claiming that we Catholics have no proof of God. This is intellectual dishonesty, to say the least.

If you refuse to look at this evidence, after I have pointed it out to you, then frankly you no longer have a right to participate in an honest discussion about religion. You are a liar, mostly to yourself, but also to others for clinging to a non-belief that you cannot prove, and flies in the face of evidence I have shown you.

Fuck you.

You are trying to mix religion into politics. It doesn't belong.
And if you think I'm some kind of anti Christian bigot I challenge you to goto the religion forum, where this belongs, and quote me denigrating ANY religion.
I respect your choice to believe whatever the hell you want. I don't respect your choice to push it into the political realm.
As I said, bring your complaint to a moderator. I couldn't push this thread into another forum even if I wanted.

I missed it.

Of course not...

It's hard to be exposed to much else when the first thing you're exposed to drives you to blow yourself up~

6352514940497fd69898e0200a0fadea.jpg

The thing I always say, because the evidence is so strong and indisputable, is that non-believers should examine for themselves the facts and circumstances of the miracle of the sun at Fatima.
Dumber than a box of rocks.

The typical reaction on non-Catholics is to refuse to look at this miracle, all while claiming that we Catholics have no proof of God. This is intellectual dishonesty, to say the least.
If this is your 'proof of god', you're right, I'll dismiss it out of hand. Not to mention getting out of this thread right now. What a waste of time it was.

edit...Not so much out of hand as after a cursory examination where so much of the evidence is missing or doesn't hold up.

If this is your 'proof of god', you're right, I'll dismiss it out of hand. Not to mention getting out of this thread right now. What a waste of time it was.

edit...Not so much out of hand as after a cursory examination where so much of the evidence is missing or doesn't hold up.
You didn't even look at the Fatima miracle, did you? What a coward you are. This is typical though, the only way to cling to non-belief is to refuse to look at anything that may prove that God exists. But there's all kinds of proof out there. Start with the fact that we exist. How did that happen?

My father, who has two PhD's in math and computer science, told me that an intelligent person, who conducts an honest investigation into all religions and philosophies, will find only two that he could possibly believe in: Roman Catholicism or agnosticism. All other religions and philosophies have logical errors that will confound an intelligent person who conducts an honest investigation.

Lol
Fuck you.

So you want a safe space from anything that upsets you?

I've got just the place for you.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Forum List

Back