MW advocates - what are the downsides of minimum wage?

What basic bills are that...

Democrat high taxes or republican low taxes?
Food, clothing, education, and shelter

Then you agree the minimum wage should be a states decision and not a national one.

No. I think it should be a national one.

Why like I posted a million times in a million threads on minimum wage $8 bucks an hour in Alabama is like $20 bucks an hour in New York City

The only possible reason a person would want it national is to prevent jobs from moving.

Its a pretty simple explanation. If left up to the states like Alabama or Mississippi they may set it $1 an hour. We cant have retarded states like that determining what minimum wage is. Its way smarter to have someone on a national level setting the minimum wage for each state.

Because leaders at the national level are universally wise and prudent.

Then you agree the minimum wage should be a states decision and not a national one.

Why like I posted a million times in a million threads on minimum wage $8 bucks an hour in Alabama is like $20 bucks an hour in New York City

The only possible reason a person would want it national is to prevent jobs from moving.

Its a pretty simple explanation. If left up to the states like Alabama or Mississippi they may set it $1 an hour. We cant have retarded states like that determining what minimum wage is. Its way smarter to have someone on a national level setting the minimum wage for each state.

Wiser than the inbreds in back water states like Alabama and Mississippi.

I also posted it a million times, look at the job boards, in low minimum wage states people pay way over minimum wage, in high minimum wage states people pay at right around minimum wage ...

Not sure how that changes my point even if what you say is true?

That doesn't make no sense, I can go to indeed right now and start copying and pasting high minimum wage state jobs and low minimum wage state jobs and show you that in low minimum wage states they get started off way higher then the states minimum wage.

And then we can get into the argument and fact minimum wage laws are racist as hell and that's why we have minimum wage in the first place.

When the $15 per hour was first suggested McDonalds started putting kiosks in the store. Ordering at the counter won't bring your food any faster. Drive thru customers get first priority, then kiosk orders and finally the cold hamburger order. Then, Walmart and grocery chains started Home Delivery. People who wonder why a big store like Walmart and Target have 18 cash registers have only 2 or 3 open and a dozen self-checkout stations can thank the minimum wage crusaders.
Now youre being an idiot and blaming MW on technology and business owner greed. That was going to happen anyway. The first priority of a business is to pay its shareholders a large dividend.

So, there d
When the $15 per hour was first suggested McDonalds started putting kiosks in the store. Ordering at the counter won't bring your food any faster. Drive thru customers get first priority, then kiosk orders and finally the cold hamburger order. Then, Walmart and grocery chains started Home Delivery. People who wonder why a big store like Walmart and Target have 18 cash registers have only 2 or 3 open and a dozen self-checkout stations can thank the minimum wage crusaders.
They will put kiosks in regardless of wages, and automate wherever they can.

read -->

“Back in the 1960s, a minimum wage job would support a family of three,” Warren said at a campaign event for Sen. Tammy Baldwin (D) in Wisconsin. “It would cover a mortgage, it would cover the utilities and it would still put food on the table.”

“Why did a minimum wage job cover a family of three? Because Congress said a minimum wage should be a wage that a family can live on," Warren continued. "It should give them a chance to get in the middle class. That’s government that works for the people." ...

Today, Warren said, full-time, minimum-wage jobs “will not keep a momma and a baby out of poverty.”

“It will not pay the rent on a two-bedroom apartment,” she added. “It will not permit a family to survive.”

“And what happens down in Washington, where we haven’t raised the minimum wage for years, the question is not what does it take a family of three to survive,” she continued. “The question is what maximizes the profitability of Walmart. That’s government that works for the rich and the powerful.”

“We’re here for government that works for the people,” Warren said to cheers.

That you want to prevent jobs going to.

I could give a shit where jobs go.

So, there d

read -->

“Back in the 1960s, a minimum wage job would support a family of three,” Warren said at a campaign event for Sen. Tammy Baldwin (D) in Wisconsin. “It would cover a mortgage, it would cover the utilities and it would still put food on the table.”

“Why did a minimum wage job cover a family of three? Because Congress said a minimum wage should be a wage that a family can live on," Warren continued. "It should give them a chance to get in the middle class. That’s government that works for the people." ...

Today, Warren said, full-time, minimum-wage jobs “will not keep a momma and a baby out of poverty.”

“It will not pay the rent on a two-bedroom apartment,” she added. “It will not permit a family to survive.”

“And what happens down in Washington, where we haven’t raised the minimum wage for years, the question is not what does it take a family of three to survive,” she continued. “The question is what maximizes the profitability of Walmart. That’s government that works for the rich and the powerful.”

No only when it's financially to do so, i posted this a million times we could of automated everything in the 1980s if money was no object

I also posted it a million times, look at the job boards, in low minimum wage states people pay way over minimum wage, in high minimum wage states people pay at right around minimum wage ...

That doesn't make no sense, I can go to indeed right now and start copying and pasting high minimum wage state jobs and low minimum wage state jobs and show you that in low minimum wage states they get started off way higher then the states minimum wage.

And then we can get into the argument and fact minimum wage laws are racist as hell and that's why we have minimum wage in the first place.

Waiting.

Then why do you want to raise it national?

What is your objective/motive?

So, there d

read -->

No only when it's financially to do so, i posted this a million times we could of automated everything in the 1980s if money was no object
Its always financially prudent to do so. The facts are that automation costs way less than paying people unless they work for $1/hour

Waiting.

Waiting for what?

I just told you. I dont want retarded states in charge of MW levels.

There are no downsides to a minimum wage law. What you perceive as a downside is a knowledge that you must start somewhere and typically thats at the bottom. People that start at the bottom should expect a bottom salary that pays the basic bills. It shouldnt pay for your new Bentley. Hence you shouldnt be making $200 per hour.

Economically speaking though it is basically certain that a $200 minimum wage would increase unemployment dramatically, and the argument has nothing to do with morality. But I think the mistake OP makes is that the better argument re: minimum wage and unemployment doesn't entail denying that there's literally no connection between wage floors and labor market dynamics. The better arguments are just that some minimum wage of $x in some specific context will benefit workers while not significantly raising unemployment. That appears to be roughly true in Seattle for a $15 minimum wage from research I've seen, but it's not clear to me that it would be true of a nationwide $15 minimum wage.

Waiting.

Waiting for what?
Your proof and why MW laws are racist..

There are no downsides to a minimum wage law. What you perceive as a downside is a knowledge that you must start somewhere and typically thats at the bottom. People that start at the bottom should expect a bottom salary that pays the basic bills. It shouldnt pay for your new Bentley. Hence you shouldnt be making $200 per hour.

What basic bills are that...

Democrat high taxes or republican low taxes?

But if you believe the minimum wage should be raised to a level to cover basic needs, and the cost of basic needs varies from state to state, it makes no sense to set a national minimum wage rather than allow the states to each set their own.

Economically speaking though it is basically certain that a $200 minimum wage would increase unemployment dramatically, and the argument has nothing to do with morality. But I think the mistake OP makes is that the better argument re: minimum wage and unemployment doesn't entail denying that there's literally no connection between wage floors and labor market dynamics. The better arguments are just that some minimum wage of $x in some specific context will benefit workers while not significantly raising unemployment. That appears to be roughly true in Seattle for a $15 minimum wage from research I've seen, but it's not clear to me that it would be true of a nationwide $15 minimum wage.
Its not hard to say MW should be $8 in Alabama and $15 in Seattle from a national level.

national Standards.

Forum List

Back