Muslims behead three Christian schoolgirls

MOD HAT ON

For the sake of the person who started this thread, which is about a relevant current event, please cease debating the definition of "diatribe," quotes about rep points, and all other off-topic topics. Take it to PMs or start another thread. Thank you.

MOD HAT OFF

gop_jeff said:
MOD HAT ON

For the sake of the person who started this thread, which is about a relevant current event, please cease debating the definition of "diatribe," quotes about rep points, and all other off-topic topics. Take it to PMs or start another thread. Thank you.

MOD HAT OFF

GOP Jeff!...my sentiments exactly!

The ClayTaurus said:
Some would argue that violence is not required to be your brothers' keeper.

True--just curious how far people are willing to turn the other cheek and be Christian while their family and friends are being killed.

dilloduck said:
True--just curious how far people are willing to turn the other cheek and be Christian while their family and friends are being killed.
It is certainly a dilemna.

dilloduck said:

Self defense, or defense of the defenseless (women and children), is one thing, and is almost universally accepted as a justification for violence, etc. But it would be unacceptable to, for example, behead three random Muslim schoolgirls in retribution.

gop_jeff said:
Self defense, or defense of the defenseless (women and children), is one thing, and is almost universally accepted as a justification for violence, etc. But it would be unacceptable to, for example, behead three random Muslim schoolgirls in retribution.

Universally or Biblically accepted?

The ClayTaurus said:
It is certainly a dilemna.

No. It's not a dilemma. the answer is zero amount of cheek should be turned while our families and children are getting killed. IS this really a dilemma for you? Lib to the bone.

rtwngAvngr said:
No. It's not a dilemma. the answer is zero amount of cheek should be turned while our families and children are getting killed. IS this really a dilemma for you? Lib to the bone.

It's a dilemma from a Christain point of view, not a state point of view.

The ClayTaurus said:
It's a dilemma from a Christain point of view, not a state point of view.

The Bible commands us to protect the weak and the innocent. Even Jesus went into the temple and overturned a bunch of tables when the moneychangers were using the worshippers for profit. It also says that when he comes back, it's going to be a rather violent entrance, as he'll be entering on a while horse with an army at his back. Now, I don't have much of a problem with turning my own cheek, but I'm not going to bear someone else's neck to the wolves just because I don't like the idea of killing someone to save a life.

Hobbit said:
The Bible commands us to protect the weak and the innocent. Even Jesus went into the temple and overturned a bunch of tables when the moneychangers were using the worshippers for profit. It also says that when he comes back, it's going to be a rather violent entrance, as he'll be entering on a while horse with an army at his back. Now, I don't have much of a problem with turning my own cheek, but I'm not going to bear someone else's neck to the wolves just because I don't like the idea of killing someone to save a life.

That's your Christian view on things. There are pacifist Christians as well, and justifying the killing of other people in the name of righteousness and self-protection is a difficult call for some to make, being that they're not God. It all comes down how much as a Christian you are willing to gamble on. Do you get spared if you kill an innocent while killing someone who's guilty? You obviously think it's a safe bet, but others are not so sure. Other's feel more comfortable in leaving things, as Jeff said, in the hands of God.

As with anything, it depends on your interpretation, but it can not be said that war is the Christian way of thinking, as Christians are fairly divided over it. It might be Christian to some, but not to others. Just like Robertson advocating for the murder of Chavez was Christian to some and not Christian to others.

Forum List

Back