Muslim Sues Abercrombie & Fitch soon to become millionaire!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Wolfmoon, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Wolfmoon

Wolfmoon U B U & I'll B Me 4 USA!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +146
    Muslim Woman Sues Abercrombie & Fitch Over Hijab

Picture of woman at link

June 27, 2011

S.F., CA. – Hani Khan, a 20 year old Muslim woman and college student studying political science is suing the clothing giant Abercrombie & Fitch for discrimination against her religion. Ms. Khan was working as a stockroom clerk and was terminated because she refused to remove her head scarf while working.

Ms. Khan was employed as a stockroom clerk and four months after she was hired a district, human resource manager asked her to stop wearing her hijab at work and she refused. She was first suspended then terminated for disobeying the company "look policy" which is a natural classic American style.

Ms. Khan maintains that she was told she could wear her head piece and believes her religious rights have been violated. Her attorney says, she is suing to change the company “look policy” and “for unspecified damages.”

“The lawsuit alleges violations of federal and state civil rights and employment laws.” The company has said it does not tolerate discrimination.

“Abercrombie has said, "We comply with the law regarding reasonable religious accommodation, and we will continue to do so," said Rocky Robbins, the company's general counsel. “We are confident that when this matter is tried, a jury will find that we have fully complied with the law."

Abercrombie & Fitch have been sued by two other Muslim women in the past. In 2009 a 17 year old Muslim woman sued and said she’d been rejected for employment because she was wearing a hijab. In 2008 the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission filed a lawsuit against the company for another Muslim woman stating the same reason.

2. Baruch Menachem

Baruch Menachem '

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,305
    Companies can have any dress code, consistant with OSHA regulations, that they want.

3. Wolfmoon

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +146
    This will be an interesting case to watch.

4. Big Black Dog

Big Black Dog Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,702
    So, if her style of dress is allowed, what's to say that native Americans (sic), Indians, don't come to work in full Indian garb? What's the difference?

5. syrenn

syrenn BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,403
    I am sick of this shit.

Working is a personal choice of WHERE you work. I am sick of this shit of accommodating everyone. If you want to work...follow the guidelines of the job...and that includes dress code. If you cant do what is required for whatever fucking reason you think up....don't fucking apply for the job.

Its san francisco... of course she will win. That is unless i get on that jury.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 4
  6. Big Black Dog

Big Black Dog Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,702
    syrenn speaks lots of truth...

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. syrenn

syrenn BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,403

I can see it now... some muslim woman wants to work as a cocktail waitress in vegas...but doesn't want to wear the required uniform.

8. Sunni Man

Sunni Man Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,444
    People really need to read the article.

She was hired with the headscarf on and had worked there for four months with no problems.

It wasn't until the district manager came and saw her wearing it and told her to take it off or be fired.

I would side with the company if she was hired with out it and then showed up to work with that on.

But she was hired with it on her head.

9. Wolfmoon

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +146
    She claimed she was told it was OK, but that doesn't make it true. There's two sides to the story and I'm sure both sides will come out.

I can't imagine work performance being any good by someone who’s constantly adjusting their head scarf all day long, they must also overheat and sweat a lot. I wonder if Body Odor was a problem seems like it would be.:terror:

10. Sunni Man

Sunni Man Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,444
    That is totally retarded.

Abercrombie & Fitch stores are almost all inside of air conditioning malls.

And if you have ever been around a Muslim woman who wears the Hijab

You will see that they are hand pinned to their hair and do not slide around or need constant adjustment.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2011