Muslim Hatred. Is it healthy for Islam?

"His fourth novel, The Satanic Verses (1988), was at the center of protests from Muslims in several countries. Some of the protests were violent and Rushdie faced death threats and a fatwā (religious edict) issued by Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, then Supreme Leader of Iran. In response to the call for him to be killed, Rushdie spent nearly a decade largely underground, appearing in public only sporadically, but was outspoken on the fatwā's censoring effect on him as an author and the threat to freedom of expression it embodied. "

sad.

he's out of hiding now.

shhhhh....
:eusa_shhh:

"His fourth novel, The Satanic Verses (1988), was at the center of protests from Muslims in several countries. Some of the protests were violent and Rushdie faced death threats and a fatwā (religious edict) issued by Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, then Supreme Leader of Iran. In response to the call for him to be killed, Rushdie spent nearly a decade largely underground, appearing in public only sporadically, but was outspoken on the fatwā's censoring effect on him as an author and the threat to freedom of expression it embodied. "

sad.

As a result of the fatwah he became famous, the book sold out. He has even joked about that. He is a fantastic writer though. I've read parts of his latest. Maybe I will get it for Xmas.

The question I keep asking but which no one answers is; why, if the Islamic religion calls for his death, as some people have claimed it does on this board, why is he not dead?
I'll answer that question since no one else wants to address it. He is still alive because Islam does NOT call for his death. A wacko ayatollah called for his death. Muslims do things like fast at Ramadan, pray daily, sometimes 5 times a day, try to make a pilgrimage to Mecca, give to the poor, and lots of things very similar to what other religious people do. Killing "infidels" is not what Muslims do. If it was, the rest of us would be dead. Simple as that.
Muslims in this country are beginning to be looked at as the Japanese were during WWII. Despite all the warnings to remember past mistakes, we just keep repeating history.

sad.

You should attribute that quote. If you read his stuff, he's hardly censored.

Forum List

Back