MTG - "Ukraine is Not the 51st State"

At what point will Ukraine cease to exist in any meaningful sense ?
When Russia takes another 4/5 regions with its probably imminent offensive ( although some experts talk of this coming Spring rather than next month ) what amount of Ukraine will remain outside of Kyiv?
Very little I suggest .
And if Dear Uncle P keeps the Poles onside by ceding some western parts to them , there will be no Ukraine to be a State of anything , other than that of a past memory .

When Russia takes another 4/5 regions with its probably imminent offensive ( although some experts talk of this coming Spring rather than next month ) what amount of Ukraine will remain outside of Kyiv?
Very little I suggest .
And if Dear Uncle P keeps the Poles onside by ceding some western parts to them , there will be no Ukraine to be a State of anything , other than that of a past memory .
Honey, you forgot about the winter. When the land becomes as hard as a rock.

Anyone see this report?

Biden administration officials are far more worried about corruption in Ukraine than they publicly admit, a confidential U.S. strategy document obtained by POLITICO suggests.

The “sensitive but unclassified” version of the long-term U.S. plan lays out numerous steps Washington is taking to help Kyiv root out malfeasance and otherwise reform an array of Ukrainian sectors. It stresses that corruption could cause Western allies to abandon Ukraine’s fight against Russia’s invasion, and that Kyiv cannot put off the anti-graft effort.

The confidential version of the “Integrated Country Strategy” is about three times as long and contains many more details about U.S. objectives in Ukraine, from privatizing its banks to helping more schools teach English to encouraging its military to adopt NATO protocols. Many goals are designed to reduce the corruption that bedevils the country.

The quiet release of the strategy, and the fact that the toughest language was left in the confidential version, underscores the messaging challenge facing the Biden team.

The administration wants to press Ukraine to cut graft, not least because U.S. dollars are at stake. But being too loud about the issue could embolden opponents of U.S. aid to Ukraine, many of them Republican lawmakers who are trying to block such assistance. Any perception of weakened American support for Kyiv also could cause more European countries to think twice about their role.

VP Biden was supposedly fixing this problem when he and Hunter became filthy rich.

Leaked U.S. strategy on Ukraine sees corruption as the real threat

Very little I suggest .
Poland is west of Russia. Your concept of geography sucks!

Honey, you forgot about the winter. When the land becomes as hard as a rock.
If you believe that dear Uncle P and his band of merry Kremlin pals have not taken that into account , you understimate their strategic cleverness horribly .

It is a major consideration for deciding between a near immediate offensive when the rains turn everything to mud and artillery superiority becomes key , or , waiting until the Spring .

If the latter , the UAF will utterly collapse quickly ( from "now" on) to all intents , and the Pentagon will have to start recruiting more mercenaries from Africa and the ME several times faster than present .
But currently the UAF has a zero chance of anything approaching success and this has been the case for a considerable time .

I'm not a fan of MTG. I think she's a total nutcase, but just like AOC, her counterpart across the aisle, even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes and I give credit where credit is due. She's right about this. At the end of the day, Ukraine is NOT our obligation and if a "shut down" of our government all comes down to Ukraine funding that's wrong, plain and simple. Congress's first priority should be the people of OUR country, not someone else's.

Dont Taz Me Bro, congressional appropriations providing weapons for Ukrainians, well serve our nation's foreign and military policies. Respectfully, Supposn

Excerpted from:
. Opinion| Ukraine aid is a great investment. Don’t let MAGA Republicans end it. - The Washington Post
“...Yes, in absolute terms, Washington has given a lot of money to Ukraine: $76.8 billion in total assistance, including $46.6 billion in military aid. But that’s a tiny portion — just 0.65 percent —of the total federal spending in the past two years of $11.8 trillion. With U.S. and other Western aid, Ukraine has been able to stop the Russian onslaught and begin to roll it back.

In the process, Russia has lost an estimated 120,000 soldiers and170,000 to 180,000 have been injured. Russia has also lost an estimated 2,329 tanks, 2,817 infantry fighting vehicles, 2,868 trucks and jeeps, 354 armored personnel carriers, 538 self-propelled artillery vehicles, 310 towed artillery pieces, 92 fixed-wing aircraft and 106 helicopters.

The Russian armed forces have been devastated, thereby reducing the risk to front-line NATO states such as Poland and the Baltic republics that the United States is treaty-bound to protect. And all of that has been accomplished without having to put a single U.S. soldier at risk on the front lines.
That’s an incredible investment, especially compared with U.S. involvement in other recent wars. In Afghanistan and Iraq, both launched under a Republican administration, almost 7,000 U.S. troops were killed and more than 50,000 were wounded while Washington spent more than $8 trillion —only to see Afghanistan fall to the Taliban and Iraq come under Iranian influence. ...”.

Dont Taz Me Bro, congressional appropriations providing weapons for Ukrainians, well serve our nation's foreign and military policies. Respectfully, Supposn

Excerpted from:
. Opinion| Ukraine aid is a great investment. Don’t let MAGA Republicans end it. - The Washington Post
“...Yes, in absolute terms, Washington has given a lot of money to Ukraine: $76.8 billion in total assistance, including $46.6 billion in military aid. But that’s a tiny portion — just 0.65 percent —of the total federal spending in the past two years of $11.8 trillion. With U.S. and other Western aid, Ukraine has been able to stop the Russian onslaught and begin to roll it back.

In the process, Russia has lost an estimated 120,000 soldiers and170,000 to 180,000 have been injured. Russia has also lost an estimated 2,329 tanks, 2,817 infantry fighting vehicles, 2,868 trucks and jeeps, 354 armored personnel carriers, 538 self-propelled artillery vehicles, 310 towed artillery pieces, 92 fixed-wing aircraft and 106 helicopters.

The Russian armed forces have been devastated, thereby reducing the risk to front-line NATO states such as Poland and the Baltic republics that the United States is treaty-bound to protect. And all of that has been accomplished without having to put a single U.S. soldier at risk on the front lines.
That’s an incredible investment, especially compared with U.S. involvement in other recent wars. In Afghanistan and Iraq, both launched under a Republican administration, almost 7,000 U.S. troops were killed and more than 50,000 were wounded while Washington spent more than $8 trillion —only to see Afghanistan fall to the Taliban and Iraq come under Iranian influence. ...”.
Get me a list of all the people in gov't with the military-industrial complex in their portfolio's.......yes Uke is a good investment.

Ukraine may not be our 51s state, however Russia is our mortal enemy, and investing in their demise is the right thing to do.
Lol, we got along with Russia since Reagan brought them down. We even worked with them. Then came along Obama trying to kiss Putin's ass, he told him where to go. All a sudden Putin is our mortal enemy. Go figure.

Lol, we got along with Russia since Reagan brought them down. We even worked with them. Then came along Obama trying to kiss Putin's ass, he told him where to go. All a sudden Putin is our mortal enemy. Go figure.
Obama tried to charm Russia and fell on his ass. Remember the reset button? When Obama mocked Mit Romney when Romney claimed Russia was our number one geopolitical adversary everyone on the right thought Obama was an idiot. Now your position is in lockstep with Obama. Hello the 1980’s called, right?

Obama tried to charm Russia and fell on his ass. Remember the reset button? When Obama mocked Mit Romney when Romney claimed Russia was our number one geopolitical adversary everyone on the right thought Obama was an idiot. Now your position is in lockstep with Obama. Hello the 1980’s called, right?
Lol, I'm just saying liberals loved Putin. Till he told Obama to fuck off. Truth hurts?

Lol, I'm just saying liberals loved Putin. Till he told Obama to fuck off. Truth hurts?
Are you an idiot? People hate Putin because he’s a thug that started a war with Ukraine not because he told Obama to fuck off.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back